Robbery suspect killed in shootout at San Diego Apple Store

Comments

• Reply 61 of 111
    lukeskymaclukeskymac Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

no one deserve to die innocent or guilty..

Hitler? (boy did we get here fast!)
  • Reply 62 of 111
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

No, I'll just live in areas of the world with decent health care systems and controls on who gets armaments. That way I don't have to live life walled up in my gated community, driving around with my doors locked and windows rolled up, experiencing it all though a television screen/computer monitor, and be afraid to attend a live show or have a drink in the wrong part of town because the people there tend to be far more interesting than the ones who live in fear and judgement and who form their opinions in a vacuum.

Yes.. you go right ahead and live in those areas where there are no thugs because they obviously did not realize that they can kill using knives, screwdrivers, cars, etc... That decent healthcare will come in handy for you when your passive (weak) mentality has them putting you in the hospital, or in the morgue.
  • Reply 63 of 111
    Quote:

However, it's a bit of a jump to compare gated communities with privately-paid security firms created to protect a small group of people from the ills of society with political borders. They'd be more akin to the castles built to protect the aristocracy during medieval times.

If you're talking about the Apple Store here…I beg to differ. If you have something of value, you'd want to protect it. Or is it not *of value*?
  • Reply 64 of 111
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Yes.. you go right ahead and live in those areas where there are no thugs because they obviously did not realize that they can kill using knives, screwdrivers, cars, etc... That decent healthcare will come in handy for you when your passive (weak) mentality has them putting you in the hospital, or in the morgue.

Or they rob me without a gun, don't bother killing me (because it's much more difficult and I don't feel it worthwhile to risk my life for a few bucks), I report it to the police, they find the people when they attempt to use my credit card (or steal my identity), and apprehend them without the need for lethal force (because they aren't armed for such a fight).
  • Reply 65 of 111
    jerseymacjerseymac Posts: 408member
    Worst thread ever. You guys have come so far away from talking about Macs they should rename this site Apple-Squabbler.
  • Reply 66 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yensid98 View Post

So we're no better than the beasts in the wild. Being human only means that we can talk and reason but have no obligation to use that reason to try and rise above or be better than our base instincts, to take the tough road for moral reasons. Why do we even bother to celebrate leaders such as Ghandi, Budda and Jesus? We're just animals after all.

So what?? Does the truth hurt? Get over it.

I treat people with respect and kindness. I would love to live in a world where everyone get along. I certainly try leading by example, others do not.

Ghandi, Buddha, and Jesus has nothing to do with this. It's all ideals. Nothing more.

What would Jesus do if some crack-addicted, meth-head looking for his next fix decided to point his 9mm at him to get whatever gumbo was in his leather-pouch? 50% of the time he'll take it, the other 50% he may very well just be in a cranky mood and send him back to dad. What's your point? I'm certainly not willing nor prepared to die to teach some punk that there is beauty in the world and that he should/could do better in life. Would you consider being killed for not defending yourself and honorable trait? I don't think so!

Call it what it is. Good vs. Evil. Weak vs. Stong. Predator vs. Prey. Ying vs. Yang. We are no better than the beasts in the wild from an evolutionary standpoint. If anything, the rules are more apparent in the wild than it is with the hug-everyone mentality that you have. In the wild, among kind-species, you know your place. Venture out from it, and you'll get eaten.
  • Reply 67 of 111
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    A man was shot and wounded at a Los Angeles Best Buy in what was thought to be an attempted robbery. It was later found that he was trying to return several cartons of Samsung Galaxy Tabs that he had stolen during the Christmas Holidays.
  • Reply 68 of 111
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stephane36 View Post

Killing criminals neither avenge their victims, nor repair anything. You can torture or execute them : it won't repair their crimes. It just gives a false sense of justice, freeing ourselves of any responsability.

Repair anything? Just, for the time being, stops them from committing more armed robberies, at least for the two captured and permanently for the dead guy!

Quote:

Who push materialism above all other values, including life ?

Liberals?!... Who, by abortion, fights so hard to diminish life under the guise of "the rights of the woman"? If one cheapens life at its beginning, why should any other facet and stage of life be any different?

Quote:

Maybe those criminals wouldn't have existed at all if our society invested more in education, urbanism, healthcare and whatever help keeping kids in check.

If by investing you DON'T mean more money, then I am with you! If money were the answer to better education, this country would be producing en masse a bunch of Einsteins. Urbanism?! Like Clinton's Midnight Basketball Program? Or the Projects that were nice when new but quickly became, "The Projects"... another well intention program of people who think they know best, try to push others into a place they ought not to be pushed. Healthcare? How many frick'n more government programs does this country need? The one's we have, which believe me cover the gamut, aren't successful as it is!

Quote:

A society producing criminals ready to kill themselves and innocent people just for a bit of circuitry and plastics and quick and esaymoney should rethink its priorities?

Society doesn't "produce" criminals. The individual does! It's called lack of character and depravity! You don't have to be poor to sink to that level. Take Bernie Madoff for example. He's rich and took a lot of other peoples money. So to suggest that lack of education, poverty, one's status in life, urbanism, healthcare, whatever, he just blew that hypothesis out of the water!

Quote:

Those thinking criminals are beastq without any background, personal lives, friends or family are lying to themselves. You have to endure a lot of bashing from life to put so low value on lifes of others that you are ready to kill them in order to steal ipads. And that is really sad.

What's sadden me even more is people explaining that these criminals are no more than enraged animals deserving to die : you don"t put anymore value in life than them.

Like I said, that is due to the "Liberalization" of this nation! "Turn in, Tune on, Drop out!" "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll!" "If it feels good, do it!" and whatever other pearls of wisdom that has been derived over the life of this nation, let alone the last 50 years!

/

/

/
  • Reply 69 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

Worst thread ever. You guys have come so far away from talking about Macs they should rename this site Apple-Squabbler.

I agree, worst thread ever.
  • Reply 70 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

I agree, worst thread ever.

Hmmmm... I thought the Tim Cook is gay thread was pretty shit-tastic...
  • Reply 71 of 111
    Quote:

Or they rob me without a gun, don't bother killing me (because it's much more difficult and I don't feel it worthwhile to risk my life for a few bucks), I report it to the police, they find the people when they attempt to use my credit card (or steal my identity), and apprehend them without the need for lethal force (because they aren't armed for such a fight).

Oh right... everyone wanting to cause harm to you will stop simply because you go limp. You're being very hypocritical. You criticize people wanting to live in gated-communities (I hate them) yet, you would live in a perceived "gated" community of France thinking its governmental "walls" provide better security. While crime rate in France is relatively low, gun laws, etc., they too have a lot of the same issues... and the thugs have guns.
  • Reply 72 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I too thought that went serious tabloid.
  • Reply 73 of 111
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:

My friend, that is why I would be far more interested to live in France than in the United States.

Isn't that the country where the kids burn cars and burns cars!

Invest in a good pair of walking shoes my friend!

France, that drags the US into a conflict in Lybia because that's where THEY get their oil!

Bon Voyage...

/

/

/
  • Reply 74 of 111
    Quote:

My vote is still this thread for worst.

It's dark and ugly in here.
  • Reply 75 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I too thought that went serious tabloid.

As long as this kind of threads continue to get clicks and replies, this will only get worse and worse.
  • Reply 76 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

More like he will have to deal with having to take out some idiots who tried to kill him and others - even though he was defending himself and others (and I back him 100%) he now has to deal with this.

I own guns and would fight to keep mine (and your right) to have them. I hope I never use it for more than playing and and shooting at silhouettes at the range cause paper doesn't bleed.

I believe in the right to stand up with authority, and point out that you don't come pull that at my house cause you will get more of the same.

Oh... I agree... the security guard most likely is feeling like shit knowing that he took a life and he will probably have to go see a wizard to deal with those emotions. I can only hope that down deep he knows that he did the only thing possible, that he did his job and that he had the courage to fulfill those obligations.
  • Reply 77 of 111
    bfuldabfulda Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yensid98 View Post

So we're no better than the beasts in the wild. Being human only means that we can talk and reason but have no obligation to use that reason to try and rise above or be better than our base instincts, to take the tough road for moral reasons. Why do we even bother to celebrate leaders such as Ghandi, Budda and Jesus? We're just animals after all.

jesus is a myth and there is no god.

btw, you either persuade someone with intellect or you take things by force. That is the only way things happen, you either reason with them and get them to agree with you or you kill them and run over their bodies. Everything else is just smoke. Get real people, humans are the smartest yet stupidest creature ever, there is nothing special about being human. It is the survival of the fittest and we do not have a soul, thats just creative marketing.

The sh_thead deserved to die as do all criminals. All of you flower loving, tree hugging idiots will soon be extinct anyway. Because you wont be able to persuade the criminal not to rob or kill you and you are too dumb to use force.

also, macs rule and yes this is the worst thread ever.
  • Reply 78 of 111
    radjinradjin Posts: 165member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

no one deserve to die innocent or guilty..

I think it was the perfect ending to such crimes.
  • Reply 79 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bfulda View Post

The sh_thead deserved to die as do all criminals. All of you flower loving, tree hugging idiots will soon be extinct anyway. Because you wont be able to persuade the criminal not to rob or kill you and you are too dumb to use force.

also, macs rule and yes this is the worst thread ever.

I love flowers, I hug trees... but you better make sure I'm dead if you're thinking of coming over to hurt my family...
  • Reply 80 of 111
    bfuldabfulda Posts: 37member
    Quote:

I love flowers, I hug trees... but you better make sure I'm dead if you're thinking of coming over to hurt my family...

but your not a criminal, so I will hand you full magazines anytime you want them