Robbery suspect killed in shootout at San Diego Apple Store

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 111
    strobestrobe Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Wow, 25% of World's Incarcerated are here in the USA ... that is a staggering statistic. You are sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarce..._United_States

Our wonderful war on drugs and other victimless 'crimes'
  • Reply 102 of 111
    strobestrobe Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Wow, 25% of World's Incarcerated are here in the USA ... that is a staggering statistic. You are sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarce..._United_States

The U.S. held 23.4% of the world's inmates. The U.S. total in this report is for Dec. 31, 2007 (see page 3) and does not include inmates in juvenile detention facilities. For the latest info worldwide see World Prison Brief.

Our wonderful war on drugs and other victimless 'crimes.'

All the more reason not to give the state a monopoly on guns
  • Reply 103 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

What the hell?! An armed robbery at an Apple store. That's just weird to me.

I bet dollars to donuts that things didn't go the way the robbers expected...

hermit. when did it happen?? i havent heard about it. even i live near to apple store.!??? did anyone kill??
  • Reply 104 of 111
    Probably was Daharder or what ever it calls itself, wanted the iPad 2 badly.

3 each for each of its 3 family members
  • Reply 105 of 111
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A shootout at a San Diego, Calif., Apple Store occurred Monday morning before the store opened for business, during which one suspect was killed and two others were arrested.

The incident occurred at the Chula Vista Apple Store, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune. Three suspects -- two men and a woman -- allegedly broke into the store at Otay Ranch Town Center on Birch Road before 7 a.m.

Police said the shootout occurred between the three suspects and a security guard who was at the shopping center. Shots were fired when at least one of the men allegedly took out a handgun and threatened the guard. The security guard was not harmed, according to NBC San Diego.

The would-be robbers got into a small car in an attempt to get away, but one man was mortally wounded. Their vehicle crashed into a light pole, and the surviving man and woman fled the scene, but the suspects were found by police around 8 a.m. hiding on a patio in a nearby residential neighborhood.

Police found two guns -- one on the suspect who died, and another on the man who was taken into custody. The manager of the Apple store was working inside when the incident occurred, but was not harmed. Nearby schools were also put on lockdown after the incident occurred.

Crime does not pay.Maybe security will be more tighter now than before after this incident happened.I am glad the guard was not hurt.Apple wins again.
  • Reply 106 of 111
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It's a shame that they had to shut down that store for the whole day. I feel bad for the people who were unable to purchase their iPad2's today.

Best line so far.
  • Reply 107 of 111
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sippincider View Post

Criminals get the message

You see, that is the problem. They DON'T get the message. If they did there would be a lot less crime. Literally, that doesn't work anywhere in the world. Even places with harsh and unfair justice still have terrible crime. The real message here is that human's are stupid and crazy and there will always be problems like this.

And that when you have a reasonable population (like Canada for example) that is willing to control access to deadly weapons, things are a lot nicer. People are not reasonable in the U.S.
  • Reply 108 of 111
    robstarrobstar Posts: 5member
    The original story is about three maggot criminals with guns who robbed a store and got their just deserved reward for it. Too bad the other two didn't get shot too. Now they'll waste our tax dollars prosecuting them and incarcerating them. They should be charged with the death of the fellow maggot as well.

This isn't Canada or any other foreign country, it's the United States of America; if you don't like it here there are planes leaving everyday. Sell your electronics toys and go someplace else where bluebirds will tie ribbons in your hair and whatever else you dream of.

This isn't about prisons or politics, it's about idiot thieves with guns and thankfully someone with the balls to stand up and stop them so they didn't make you, your friends or relatives their next victim or dead victim. Criminals will rob, brutalize, rape and kill you for the change in your pocket and then laugh about it.

Be happy there are honest people out there willing to carry a gun just in case they need to save your life or the life of a loved one. Otherwise you can stand there helplessly watching them die or get their head bashed in while you fidget with your cell phone and wait for the police to come take a report.

My name is Robert and that's what I think! No Cryin' No Whinin' !!!
  • Reply 109 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kwoot27 View Post

Just as an FYI....Chula Vista is about 10 miles from the SD/Mexico border. Most of the city is pretty sketchy.

You've never been here. Chula Vista east of the 805 (where Otay Ranch Town Center is located) is far from sketchy. It's about as crime-ridden and blighted as Carmel Valley or Carmel Mountain Ranch. That is, not at all. It's largely upper-middle-class Hispanic.
  • Reply 110 of 111
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by otayranchdweeb View Post

You've never been here. Chula Vista east of the 805 (where Otay Ranch Town Center is located) is far from sketchy. It's about as crime-ridden and blighted as Carmel Valley or Carmel Mountain Ranch. That is, not at all. It's largely upper-middle-class Hispanic.

Agreed. I have family living in that area (coincidentally, upper-middle-class Hispanic). It's a really nice place. However, I'm sure there are larger Apple Stores in the area?I've been to that one, and it's in the bottom tier of magic.
  • Reply 111 of 111
    zz00oozz00oo Posts: 1member
    Glad no-one innocent was hurt.

Maybe the iPad 2s should be sold as soon as they come in the door instead of being held until the next day...