Apple begins shipping white iPhone 4 to stateside retail stores

Comments

• Reply 41 of 117
    If I was buying an iPhone today, I'd definitely get the white one. Their resale value should be a bit higher because there isn't going to be nearly as many of them as the black model.
  • Reply 42 of 117
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Don?t pretend to use science to hide behind your bigotry and hate.

I don't hate women. Women are awesome and I get along great with females. I have more female friends than male. I also treat women a whole lot better than your rapper heroes do.
  • Reply 43 of 117
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scotty321 View Post

OMG, does anybody even care about the white iPhone anymore? Who cares what color it is? You put it in a case anyways.

I've never bought a case for any of my mobile devices, and only one has ever broke (read: suffered minor cosmetic damage, namely a hairline fracture aproximately 2mm long from the corner of the dock connecter outwards).
  • Reply 44 of 117
    gijoeinlagijoeinla Posts: 215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

really?

Ya, really.

I mean do u *really* think Apple operates on the fly? They just feel like throwing out the White i4 at the *supposed* end of it's cycle? On the *apparent* heals of i5? BS. The white iPhone was held back to fill a void, no other reason.

I think it's proven as sales on the i4 continue to ACCELERATE even in the midst of countless posters *claiming* the i4 was old even when Verizon launched. What's the difference?

Bottom line - RESEARCH dictates decisions. Clearly their is DEMAND for ALL WHITE Apple products. Doh. To say otherwise is lame and clearly uninformed. Let's see. White MacBooks, iPods, iPads, and gee iPhones.

Small thinkers here still *think* Apple *thinks* small. Clearly they KNOW what they're doing. And this white iPhone release is clearly part of a bigger picture. No different than the delay in i5 to reach parity with it's resellers. Why not try to sell one iPhone for all networks that will eliminate a costly distribution and technical nightmare? Yea Apple is smart, smarter than most.
  • Reply 45 of 117
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gijoeinla View Post

Ya, really.

I mean do u *really* think Apple operates on the fly? They just feel like throwing out the White i4 at the *supposed* end of it's cycle? On the *apparent* heals of i5? BS. The white iPhone was held back to fill a void, no other reason.

The problem with your summation is you’ve ignored that Apple DID announce the white iPhone last year, that Apple DID say it will be shipping at a certain time, that Apple DID have the white iPhone on their website as coming soon for many months. You can’t have it both ways.

If Apple is incapable of ever having production issue then your entire rationale is thrown out the window unless you want to argue that it was some sort of rouse to make Apple look incompetent and keep certain customers from buying a white iPhone for 10 months. Good luck with that.

Quote:

Bottom line - RESEARCH dictates decisions. Clearly their is DEMAND for ALL WHITE Apple products. Doh. To say otherwise is lame and clearly uninformed. Let's see. White MacBooks, iPods, iPads, and gee iPhones.

So they choose not to sell the white iPhone for 10 months to increase sales?

Quote:

Why not try to sell one iPhone for all networks that will eliminate a costly distribution and technical nightmare? Yea Apple is smart, smarter than most.

Talk about small thinkers. It doesn’t sounds like you’ve considered any of the downsides to such an endeavor? Also note the iPad has an exceptional amount of additional internal space and yet Apple came out with a separate CDMA-based model for Verizon for a total of 18 different SKUs, more than it’s ever had for a single product.
  • Reply 46 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Tupac is no prophet, he was a rapper. And it's pretty ironic to be quoting a rapper when you are complaining about supposedly sexist and misogynistic comments. Females are bitches to most in the hip hop world. On videos, their main job is to shake their fat booties and little else. Fags are also mentioned in some Tupac tracks, and I don't believe that he's referring to English cigarettes.

Hilarious. Just because plenty of rappers are misogynist doesn't invalidate the point he eloquently makes. Address and criticize the quote, don't dismiss him because of a genre he belongs to. Ignorant.

And simply because Tupac may not have been on the cutting edge of progressive thought regarding sexual orientation doesn't invalidate that he made a valid point about sexism. Again, complete non sequitur.

Hilariously ignorant and dreadful misuse of logic.
  • Reply 47 of 117
    Quote:

I don't hate women. Women are awesome and I get along great with females. I have more female friends than male. I also treat women a whole lot better than your rapper heroes do.

Okay. That's completely unverifiable.

You still fail to directly address the quote, instead relying on the fact that he quoted a rapper and used that generalization to discount his point erroneously.

::facepalm::
  • Reply 48 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Don?t pretend to use science to hide behind your bigotry and hate.

You sound a lot like Thomas Jefferson in your rationalization as to why your fellow human being is inferior to you by design.
    "Comparing them by their faculties of memory, reason, and imagination, it appears to me, that in memory they are equal to the whites; in reason much inferior, as I think one [black] could scarcely be found capable of tracing and comprehending the investigations of Euclid; and that in imagination they are dull, tasteless, and anomalous.
    He goes on to praise their musical talent, but not in poetry and math where they were inferior by design. That they were lazy. That they lacked logic skills and they smelled bad.

Then there was the brilliant, young, female poet Phillis Wheatley. She was the first African American poet and the first African-American woman whose writings were published. Jefferson stated she wasn?t a poet at all, she just mimic the things she had already read simply because he couldn?t bring himself to believe this girl was capable of such things.

You disgust me!

Beautiful analysis. Thanks for sharing.
  • Reply 49 of 117
    oomuoomu Posts: 130member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Look at it this way. A lot of girls don't put very much stuff on their phones so the 16GB is fine and for $200 plus a small early upgrade fee they would have the pretty new iPhone - all for the cost of a pair of shoes. You know how they are with shoes, they need to match their outfit.

I don't see a lot of guys going silly over a white iPhone.

What a sexist guy ! Your comment make me so angry I will go all crazy for the white iPhone just to fuck your mind.

For the record, white iPad it's what I have and all people can fill devices with photos, apps and everything, not only you, sexist guy...
  • Reply 50 of 117
    imoanimoan Posts: 56member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

I've never bought a case for any of my mobile devices, and only one has ever broke (read: suffered minor cosmetic damage, namely a hairline fracture aproximately 2mm long from the corner of the dock connecter outwards).

Perhaps you should consider getting a case.
  • Reply 51 of 117
    imoanimoan Posts: 56member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I don't see a lot of guys going silly over a white iPhone.

This is priceless. White is for girls? White, a non color?

What about everyone who bought the original white iPod or the iBook or the iMac? They were all gay?

I always learn so much here.
  • Reply 52 of 117
    Quote:

I think that cultural issues make up probably 95%. Genetic issues might only account for a very small percentage, but there are slight differences between the male brain VS female brain and there are also hormonal issues involved.

You're an idiot and a bigot! There is NO evidence to support any of your BS. You should be banned.
  • Reply 53 of 117
    Quote:

You don't have to hate in order to put someone down and essentially be an abusive ass. You're ideas are abusive. Think I'm wrong? Do me a favor and tell you're female "friends" on Monday exactly what you stated here. I'm sure they'll still be your friends.
  • Reply 54 of 117
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oomu View Post

Your comment make me so angry I will go all crazy for the white iPhone just to fuck your mind.

The fact that you can get so upset over relatively benign comments means you are the one with a fucked mind.

There is nothing wrong with making generalizations if they are true. I said nothing derogatory about women, they just have different priorities.

Men tend to get heavy into technology and performance autos simply for the sake of the tweaking the machines where women tend to be less interested in those things but are usually keen on fashion and conversation. One mindset is not better than the other, just different. Ironically each tend to look at the other's priorities as rather peculiar. The difference between men and women is a good thing.
  • Reply 55 of 117
    shobizshobiz Posts: 207member
    If I wanted a white iphone I would just get a white case.
  • Reply 56 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SHOBIZ View Post

If I wanted a white iphone I would just get a white case.

I bought a white Bumper. I have had more than a few women use that as an icebreaker to chat me up. Cheaper and easier than using a puppy.
  • Reply 57 of 117
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oomu View Post

I will go all crazy for the white iPhone just to fuck your mind

Perhaps one of the laydees on this Forum could translate
  • Reply 58 of 117
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    I think the girls=white, boys=black thang is ingrained in us from the wedding tradition (brides=white, grooms=black).

Doing a swap looks hawt

• Reply 59 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

I think the girls=white, boys=black thang is ingrained in us from the wedding tradition (brides=white, grooms=black).

Doing a swap looks hawt

Q: Who was traditionally dressed in pink and called a girl?

A: The people who were traditionally dressed in pink and called girls were boys. Pink was considered the traditional colour for boys and blue for girls in the 19th century. In 1927, there was a report about Princess Astrid of Belgium who had decorated her son's room pink, only for her to give birth to a daughter. Part of the reason why blue may be seen as the traditional colour for girls is because the Virgin Mary is dressed in blue. Right until the mid-15th century, all children were referred to as girls, boys were called "knave girls" and girls were called "gay girls". The word "boy" originally meant "servant?.

(Highlight above space for answer or watch QI G-Series ?Girls & Boys? (S07E07) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f7urmRaRxY )
  • Reply 60 of 117
    Quote:

i) You've got some serious issues with, and about women.

ii) I kinda feel badly for the women in your life (including the ones related to you, who have no choice).

iii) You're embarrassing yourself and this board. Please stop.