More evidence suggests Apple has plans for 10th anniversary of retail

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    The G5 PowerBook is finally being unveiled.
  • Reply 82 of 92
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

Ditch the Mac Mini and the Mac Pro, replacing it with a Sandy Bridge-based tower that is configurable to meet a wide range of needs. .

I like this even more than the three tiered Mini. Maybe this is why Apple hasn't marketed a mid-sized tower in the past. They were waiting to bring out this 'one size fits all' model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1069625...ream/lightbox/
  • Reply 83 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by atomicbloke View Post

The G5 PowerBook is finally being unveiled.

BREAKING:

Leaked photograph of the device! You can tell it's a real picture because Apple wouldn't settle for elevators any less beautiful than this!

• Reply 84 of 92
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    What would it take for Apple to become an ISP or isn't that possible?
  • Reply 85 of 92
    Compilation of Greatest Steve Martin Banjo Solos of All Time coming out on iTMS.
  • Reply 86 of 92
    Maybe they're just going to announce Steve Ballmer will take over as Apple CEO after Jobs retires?
  • Reply 87 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

What would it take for Apple to become an ISP or isn't that possible?

Every ISP on the planet to call it quits.

You don't want Apple as an ISP. That's even more foolish than them releasing a TV or having their own cellular telephony network.
  • Reply 88 of 92
    carmissimocarmissimo Posts: 837member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

I like this even more than the three tiered Mini. Maybe this is why Apple hasn't marketed a mid-sized tower in the past. They were waiting to bring out this 'one size fits all' model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1069625...ream/lightbox/

Now is the time to do this. The technology is there now to make it happen. Affordable CPUs with the power to do heavy work. Ditto on the GPU front. And now Thunderbolt opens up great possibilities for those who do demanding work that requires expandability.

Combine that with the fact that desktops are falling out of favour and simplifying the line makes sense.

By the way, I think it's daft to opt for the iMac. The monitor should last about 12 years but the computer components attached to it will not. A bizarre waste of a decent monitor a few years down the road when the machine has to go through a costly overhaul or be thrown away.

The iMac isn't for everybody and there is still a place for computer that requires an external monitor.
  • Reply 89 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

By the way, I think it's daft to opt for the iMac. The monitor should last about 12 years but the computer components attached to it will not. A bizarre waste of a decent monitor a few years down the road when the machine has to go through a costly overhaul or be thrown away.

Which... is why you can use the iMac AS A STANDALONE MONITOR so that when the componentry becomes "too old", you can still make use of the panel.
  • Reply 90 of 92
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Which... is why you can use the iMac AS A STANDALONE MONITOR so that when the componentry becomes "too old", you can still make use of the panel.

I wonder how consumer PC buyers these days only buy the box with the mindset of keeping their monitor for 12 years? Seems to me that most Dell and HP desktops come with a monitor.

And let's not forget at not consumers are buying notebooks which come with the display built in so I can't imagine it's an "issue" for consumers.

PS: Apple should sell me an iPhone 5 sans display.
  • Reply 91 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eric781 View Post

They will be releasing the Playmobil Apple Store Playset

No, the event's obviously timed to coincide with the "rapture" on May 21 there can be only one answer: Steve Jobs will reveal that Apple stores are in fact the portals to Heaven.

Hallelujah, Mac be praised!
  • Reply 92 of 92
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Apple Stores will finally have public restrooms. It'll be those public stalls you see in downtown London or San Francisco, except these will be the type where the glass is transparent, but then goes opaque when the door is locked.

LMAO!

But wait what if the power goes out?