Samsung files motion to see Apple's next iPhone and iPad

Comments

• Reply 61 of 127
    t2aft2af Posts: 44member
    /O\\ so everything on the internet isn't true ?!!!
  • Reply 62 of 127
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Now is the time for fab plants to get their competing bids in to Apple. Let's say intel offered to take over chip production for Apple, Steve would jump ship to light a fire under Samsungs ass.

Likewise with display manufacture. These companies should be looking to get some Apple love on to steal the business away from samsung. Apple, being cash rich, are the best kind of customer to have.
  • Reply 63 of 127
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,214member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

I suspect you do not know about market capitalization.

Samsung's market cap as of April/10 was $111B. I didn't see a more recent valuation in a quick Google search, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

BTW, It would be pretty tough for Apple to actually use that $60B in cash it has stashed. Much of it is is being kept overseas with no US taxes paid on it. Make a deal here that they need it for and now the US Government comes knocking for their piece.
  • Reply 64 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smitty5569 View Post

Samsung actually announced it in february 2007 and didn't release it until December. The iPhone would've been in planning way before that and was released in June. Just saying
  • Reply 65 of 127
    Since when has any legal argument based on some concept of "Fundamental fairness" had anything to do with a verdict?

I don't know how good Samsung's engineers are but their lawyers are a joke.

• Reply 66 of 127
    First off the alleged similarity of the icons is the most frivolous part of this suit as Samsung can easily change those.

Let me ponder why I got a Samsung Galaxy SII...the Super Amoled Plus 4.3" screen.

Why didn't I get an iphone...well I don't like i-tunes and its restrictive DRM, plus the hand grip of death causes you to lose reception, plus the sim isn't interchangeable in case of emergency.

I don't hate Apple, I just hate the game they are playing.

I do love my Red Ipod Nano 3rd Gen.

Peace.
  • Reply 67 of 127
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    The both of them are dumb. Compete on the marketplace.
  • Reply 68 of 127
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

The both of them are dumb. Compete on the marketplace.

It would appear tat you do not understand Competition 101. Come back and post some more when you do.
  • Reply 69 of 127
    guch20guch20 Posts: 173member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnagramForJustAStupidPerson View Post

First off the alleged similarity of the icons is the most frivolous part of this suit as Samsung can easily change those.

Let me ponder why I got a Samsung Galaxy SII...the Super Amoled Plus 4.3" screen.

Why didn't I get an iphone...well I don't like i-tunes and its restrictive DRM, plus the hand grip of death causes you to lose reception, plus the sim isn't interchangeable in case of emergency.

I don't hate Apple, I just hate the game they are playing.

I do love my Red Ipod Nano 3rd Gen.

Peace.

Wait, did you start an account just so you could tell everyone about how much you love your iPhone rip-off device? Hurray for not having anything important to add to the conversation!
  • Reply 70 of 127
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    A case of I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

Seriously I hope Apple don't get forced into this!
  • Reply 71 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

It would appear tat you do not understand Competition 101. Come back and post some more when you do.

I did point out in the thread previous to this one that by doing this Apple would have it done to them. The legal eagles said it would never happen. It happened.
  • Reply 72 of 127
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

I did point out in the thread previous to this one that by doing this Apple would have it done to them. The legal eagles said it would never happen. It happened.

What 'happened' other than: (i) your foul mouth; (ii) your trolling again?
  • Reply 73 of 127
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robodude View Post

... I think the quote below sums up what I'm trying to get at:

"Apple's now seriously engaged in litigation with the two largest Android handset makers (HTC and Motorola), largely over OS-level patents. At some point Google has to get involved, if only to indemnify its partners against further liability for using Android, ..."

When was the last time Google indemnified anyone against anything? They aren't even willing to back up their very likely false claims that WebM isn't patent encumbered by indemnifying those who use it. Google is a parasite, and, just like most parasites, if one of their hosts dies, they'll just find a new one.
  • Reply 74 of 127
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

If Apple tries too hard, Apple will lose the Korea market, so I just don't think Apple wants to fight till the end. All these are just actions to try to have more leverage when negotiating a settlement.

Let's see - lose the Korean market vs lose 1/2 of your business in the rest of the world? Hmmmm.

Of course, that even assumes that Apple would lose the Korean market. What makes you think that would be the case? In all likelihood, Apple betting the tar out of Samsung might reduce the iPhone's market share in Korea slightly, but not much.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Samsung's market cap as of April/10 was $111B. I didn't see a more recent valuation in a quick Google search, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

BTW, It would be pretty tough for Apple to actually use that $60B in cash it has stashed. Much of it is is being kept overseas with no US taxes paid on it. Make a deal here that they need it for and now the US Government comes knocking for their piece.

Maybe you failed geography, but Samsung is a Korean company - which is outside the U.S. Apple could easily use their money for that.

And $60 B in cash is probably more than enough to buy Samsung. They could easily borrow a large chunk of the cost and could undoubtedly come up with more than enough.

Not that it would make any sense, but it's well within the realm of what Apple could accomplish.
  • Reply 75 of 127
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,214member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Let's see - lose the Korean market vs lose 1/2 of your business in the rest of the world? Hmmmm.

Of course, that even assumes that Apple would lose the Korean market. What makes you think that would be the case? In all likelihood, Apple betting the tar out of Samsung might reduce the iPhone's market share in Korea slightly, but not much.

Maybe you failed geography, but Samsung is a Korean company - which is outside the U.S. Apple could easily use their money for that.

And $60 B in cash is probably more than enough to buy Samsung. They could easily borrow a large chunk of the cost and could undoubtedly come up with more than enough.

Not that it would make any sense, but it's well within the realm of what Apple could accomplish.

Thanks for your tax expertise JrAgosta.

And gosh, Korea's not part of the US? Well darn it all.

Here's a link that will show you what's going on with foreign profits, Apple, and U.S. tax policy.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...ff-opposition/
  • Reply 76 of 127
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What 'happened' other than: (i) your foul mouth; (ii) your trolling again?

That would be you're.

I don't troll. Asking questions of Apple's tendency to over litigate is hardly a troll.
  • Reply 77 of 127
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

If you hadn't posted the link, I would have. Hard to stomp out a lie, ain't it?

Then you're as ignorant as he is. That image has been widely discredited. The dates are pure lies.
  • Reply 78 of 127
    ktappektappe Posts: 824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnagramForJustAStupidPerson View Post

Then why didn't they change them from the outset instead of copying? Your argument makes no sense.

Quote:

Why didn't I get an iphone...well I don't like i-tunes and its restrictive DRM

iTunes has not had DRM for several years. Perhaps you need to check the calendar; your arguments from 2009 won't work anymore.

Quote:

plus the hand grip of death causes you to lose reception

Actually, no it doesn't. Your post is a 100% complete fail. Are you aware of anything?
  • Reply 79 of 127
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

When was the last time Google indemnified anyone against anything? They aren't even willing to back up their very likely false claims that WebM isn't patent encumbered by indemnifying those who use it. Google is a parasite, and, just like most parasites, if one of their hosts dies, they'll just find a new one.

Hah! I like the analogy.
  • Reply 80 of 127
    neiltc13neiltc13 Posts: 182member
    I got a new Samsung phone not long ago - Omnia 7. It's a really nice device. It feels better than iPhone 4 in hand, has a better screen than iPhone 4 and unlike my previous iPhone 3GS, it can actually hold a signal in my house.

I'm not sure if Samsung could learn anything about hardware from Apple because they seem to be on top of it already.