radiohead kicks ass.

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

Mick Mars - completely underrated as a guitarist, I dont know of any other guitarist that sounds like him, it has a kind of quirkyness too it, but there is a kind of raw, unpolished diamond in his style, sound and performance, like the solos in Piece of your action, there just totally raw and rude. I dont think any of the other big guitarist from that era sound like him, or would want too!, just Micks style, rude, raw and kind of a professional amateurish. But these songs just dont appear to be dated.

there is apparently an earlier version of the album "too fast for love" that the crue themselves prefer...i've always wanted to hear that...

as for Mick Mars, he's was great in that most guitarist at that time where speed/EVH/Yngwie wannabees and he was playing slide guitar and tuned down to D...he's not a good guitarist as much as he has his own style, which took alot of balls in those hair band/flash guitar styles of the 80's...
  • Reply 82 of 88
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDebaser

there is apparently an earlier version of the album "too fast for love" that the crue themselves prefer...i've always wanted to hear that...

as for Mick Mars, he's was great in that most guitarist at that time where speed/EVH/Yngwie wannabees and he was playing slide guitar and tuned down to D...he's not a good guitarist as much as he has his own style, which took alot of balls in those hair band/flash guitar styles of the 80's...

agreed, Mick did sound unique, I always preferred quality musicianship over flash speed styles, Mick can play fast though - did you ever hear them cover Evh's hot for teacher, or DC's shake a leg, perhaps he just prefers a good tune?

I have a feeling (or hope) some of the earlier 'too fast' might be what is coming on the new album
  • Reply 83 of 88
    brilliant!

OK Computer has surpassed every other CD i own, and The Bends has won me over as well. I'm working on Kid A right now and so far it is depressingly great! 8)

there's really no good way to describe this music to someone who hasn't given it a real chance.

especially great when i'm drinking, and it was intoxicating when i was getting over my last girlfriend.

nothing like it.
  • Reply 84 of 88
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    WTH?

So this thread gets bumped after a year!?

Oh well... Radiohead is amazing. Nothing beats OK Computer. No Surprises is one of the most, simple elegant songs ever!

100th Window is fantastic, but it doesn't compare the nostalgia that I feel when I hear Protection (that era was one fantastic time in my life).

mezzanine is amazing too!
  • Reply 85 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

WTH?

So this thread gets bumped after a year!?

yeah, well it took me this long to really agree with the original poster on the subject. radiohead can be a difficult band to really understand and appreciate, but once you really "get" the music, it is amazingly rewarding.

however, i find that you have to be in a certain mood to sit down and listen to it. strange, really.
  • Reply 86 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Oh well... Radiohead is amazing. Nothing beats OK Computer.

Except for the two albums that followed.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

Except for the two albums that followed.

Kid A.

That is all you need.