Acer suffers first-ever quarterly loss, predicts iPad 'fever' will recede

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

That's like saying that you'd rather have your balls pounded flat with a wooden circus mallet than dragged across a cheese grater.

You know, there some people who would like that, and you've likely just given them an idea.
  • Reply 82 of 92
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

If the the hard on Wang continues for more than four hours we should consult a doctor!

JetLaw is my new hero.
  • Reply 83 of 92
    In related news: Horse farmers all across the nation are waiting for "automobile fever" to abate.
  • Reply 84 of 92
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickmini View Post

In related news: Horse farmers all across the nation are waiting for "automobile fever" to abate.

And they're right! Horses are still here.
  • Reply 85 of 92
    naboozlenaboozle Posts: 213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

Have at you!!
  • Reply 86 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Acer reported the first quarterly loss in company history on Wednesday, but the netbook maker's chairman attempted to convince investors that consumer "fever" for tablets like the iPad will not last.

Similar to other boastful quotes and sayings...

"Television will never last, people prefer going to the movie theatre for entertainment."

"Rock-N-Roll (or insert Hip-Hop) is just a fad..."

"How do they (Apple) deal with us?" [Ed Zander, Motorola CEO/Chairman, 10 May 2007 in reference to the first iPhone]

"Is there a toaster that also knows how to brew coffee? There is no such combined device, because it would not make anything better than an individual toaster or coffee machine. It works the same way with the iPod, the digital camera or mobile phone: it is important to have specialized devices." [Jon Rubinstein, former Palm CEO and former Apple VP, iPod Division, September 27, 2005]

"People will always want a good book in their hands over a cold electronic device..." [I'm sure said by some exec at Borders bookstore]

Thank you, Mr. Wang for adding your quote to the list of ignorant statements.
  • Reply 87 of 92
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timgriff84 View Post

6 years time they will start to drop as it become less of a must have adult toy. Bit like the iPod did.

The iPod dropped off not because it was less of a "must have adult toy" but because Apple replaced it - with the iPhone and iPod touch!

And I have no doubt in six years time they will replace it with "the next big thing"
  • Reply 88 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rothgarr View Post

Wow, Apple has "only" over 50 percent of the tablet market? I thought they controlled way more than that.

They do. Worldwide 87% Europe 89% Asia 79% USA 67%.

Now you know where the fandroids come from. They probably live in the low income areas.
  • Reply 89 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Ok, apple have sold somewhere in the region of 25 million plus tablets. So if that's 50 percent please list the other 25 million tablets out there

Is that counting all of the xp tablets from years gone by?

Playbook 50,000 ?

Touchpad ? 45,000?

Xoom. 100,000 ?

Samsung units 1,000,000 ?

The market share figures sound like complete bullshit.

In this report they are truly bullShit
  • Reply 90 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dullblade View Post

I think the iPad "fever" will recede also.....whenever everyone has one.

Yes, when they are dead with no heirs and the cats are gone fishing too
  • Reply 91 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

The iPod dropped off not because it was less of a "must have adult toy" but because Apple replaced it - with the iPhone and iPod touch!

And I have no doubt in six years time they will replace it with "the next big thing"

Correct replacement.
  • Reply 92 of 92
    Everybodies got the fever

That is somethin you all know

Fever is'nt such a new thing

Fever start long ago

But what a lovely way to burn

I never liked the song myself but somehow it fits