New Apple suit claims Galaxy Nexus infringes on 'slide-to-unlock' feature

Comments

• Reply 141 of 171
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ronin_Status View Post

some one isn't being very honest about their battery usage..pretty easy to tell just by comparing the graphs at the top

Here's my Nexus batttery and usage:

(screen is set at full brightness)

[images]

Those images are helpful.
    1) You positioned the camera to take the entire screen without trying to obfuscate other details displayed on screen.

2) You should images that clearly show how much time the CPU, display et al. were actually in use, instead of only showing the time since the last time it was charged and then claiming you are a "heavy user"
    So you used 75% of your battery with the screen on for 1h:43m:22s. That's a metric that is quantifiable and useful. Your results show that the Galaxy Nexus has good battery life. Clearly DaHarder knows how to show the information but he's chosen not to because he's less being less than honest here. That much is clear, the question is why go to all that trouble?
  • Reply 142 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

That's nice, now how about to turn that display brightness to 50%, turn off BT, GPS, and disable any/all unnecessary psh notifications etc, and try again ?

Moreover, why don't you go ahead and adjust your device usage to exactly what I do with mine while you're at it...

What I find interesting about your pics is the graph itself.

Yours has a very nice slowly declining line which usually happens when the phone is idle.

Notice how mine has dips and straight lines. Shows that the phone is actually being used

And I have an Android so my phone is nothing like yours aside from the hardware.

Cause if I really wanted a phone like everyone else and the only difference was a different wallpaper and apps

Than I would have bought an iPhone. Lol
  • Reply 143 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ronin_Status View Post

What I find interesting about your pics is the graph itself.

Yours has a very nice slowly declining line which usually happens when the phone is idle.

Notice how mine has dips and straight lines. Shows that the phone is actually being used

And I have an Android so my phone is nothing like yours aside from the hardware.

Cause if I really wanted a phone like everyone else and the only difference was a different wallpaper and apps

Than I would have bought an iPhone. Lol

salud

suggestion though...can you shrink your images or perhaps offer a thumbnail link instead...they are taking up a lot of space.
  • Reply 144 of 171
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Those images are helpful.
    1) You positioned the camera to take the entire screen without trying to obfuscate other details displayed on screen.

2) You should images that clearly show how much time the CPU, display et al. were actually in use, instead of only showing the time since the last time it was charged and then claiming you are a "heavy user"
    So you used 75% of your battery with the screen on for 1h:43m:22s. That's a metric that is quantifiable and useful. Your results show that the Galaxy Nexus has good battery lifet. Clearly DaHarder knows how to show the information but he's chosen not to because he's less being less than honest here. That much is clear, the question is why go to all that trouble?

How conveniently disingenuous/hypocritical of you, because (as so many of your previous replies to my posts have proven) had I featured anything more than the absolutely minimum of pics (namely one) in any of my posts, you (and your legion of minions) would have gone on some inane tirade about 'there he goes posting more pics' or other such nonsense, and you know it.

AI's Global Moderator, melgross very specifically posted, "Android phones [which] have been plagued with poor battery life in general", and I took the opportunity to inform him that his generalization was simply not borne out by the fact that my Android-powered Galaxy Nexus does, in fact, get very good battery life... Nothing More/Nothing Less, and it was you (and your little cheerleading squad) that chose to turn that completely innocuous/factual statement of into such an unnecessary back-and-forth.

Anyway... Good to know that you've finally come around and we can wholeheartedly agree "that the Galaxy Nexus has good battery life" (seemingly even without the adjustments I chose to make on mine), which is exactly what I sought to illustrate.

Mission Accomplished!
  • Reply 145 of 171
    Quote:

How conveniently disingenuous/hypocritical of you, because (as so many of your previous replies to my posts have proven) had I featured anything more than the absolutely minimum of pics (namely one) in any of my posts, you (and your legion of minions) would have gone on some inane tirade about 'there he goes posting more pics' or other such nonsense, and you know it.

Watermarked images of what you own isn't the same as informative screenshots that are germane to the discussion. As previously stated, your posts are fabrications and deceptive either using lies or unqualified terms to make claims that don't exist.

I pointe earlier Android phones with good battery life when I posted several images from AnandTech's testing. So right there at two things you at lying about: I am fine with posting images and noted devices with good battery life.

PS: I believe you are a heavy user but it's not your Galaxy Nexus that comes to mind.
  • Reply 146 of 171
    Quote:

Watermarked images of what you own isn't the same as informative screenshots that are germane to the discussion. As previously stated, your posts are fabrications and deceptive either using lies or unqualified terms to make claims that don't exist.

I pointe earlier Android phones with good battery life when I posted several images from AnandTech's testing. So right there at two things you at lying about: I am fine with posting images and noted devices with good battery life.

PS: I believe you are a heavy user but it's not your Galaxy Nexus that comes to mind.

Sure...Whatever... always with the snide little personal jabs when clearly defeated.

Like I said, Mission Accomplished!

BTW: Given that I was extremely clear in posting that it was, AI's Global Moderator, melgross that posted, "Android phones [which] have been plagued with poor battery life in general", why exactly are you reacting so defensively, as though it was you that said the aforementioned and was then challenged on said misconception? :-/
  • Reply 147 of 171
    Quote:

Sure...Whatever... always with the snide little personal jabs when clearly defeated.

Like I said, Mission Accomplished!

It's amazing the stuff you write without intention of looking foolish.
  • Reply 148 of 171
    Quote:

It's amazing the stuff you write without intention of looking foolish.

More so...

It's amazing the foolishness you write with the desperate intention of looking amazing... while failing so miserably

Anyway... Back to the ignore box with you.
  • Reply 149 of 171
    povilaspovilas Posts: 473member
    Quote:

More so...

It's amazing the foolishness you write with the desperate intention of looking amazing... while failing so miserably

Anyway... Back to the ignore box with you.

Troll puts someone on ignore list Reminds me of ginogoneforever on IMDB boards. The level of idiocy reached is amazing.
  • Reply 150 of 171
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:

Like I said, Mission Accomplished! ...

That would be in the W sense of "mission accomplished", right?

Because even the Android owners think you are bullshitting.
  • Reply 151 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

Troll puts someone on ignore list Reminds me of ginogoneforever on IMDB boards. The level of idiocy reached is amazing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

That would be in the W sense of "mission accomplished", right?

Because even the Android owners think you are bullshitting.

That's Nice...

Though for any intelligent, non-brand-partisan individual taking the time to look back on what you've posted and what I've posted during this conversation (among others), the only reasonable conclusion to be drawn would be that it is the likes of you who are the true TROLLS, offering absolutely nothing of merit to the discussion, only behaving like to emaciated vultures sitting on a telephone wire instigating solely with the intention of stirring the pot in hopes of getting a little nibble of the action.

@Povilas - ONE single 'Android owner' with a device set-up much differently than my own does not present a same use situation, so you can save that nonsense as well - as in: You Fail.

..and finally. so things are very clear, as a retired serviceman, the only 'Mission Accomplished' that means anything to me is the decades old definition of the term within the Armed Forces, one which indicates an indisputably Completed Task, not some misuse of said term by someone with a seemingly lower IQ and integrity-level than even you two.

Anyway... Back To the Article Topic: Hopefully this will be one of those law suits that Apple loses, because when all's said and done the similarities in both look and function between the two lock-screens simple isn't there.
  • Reply 152 of 171
    Quote:

That's Nice...

Though for any intelligent, non-brand-partisan individual taking the time to look back on what you've posted and what I've posted during this conversation (among others), the only reasonable conclusion to be drawn would be that it is the likes of you who are the true TROLLS, offering absolutely nothing of merit to the discussion, only behaving like to emaciated vultures sitting on a telephone wire instigating solely with the intention of stirring the pot in hopes of getting a little nibble of the action.

@Povilas - ONE single 'Android owner' with a device set-up much differently than my own does not present a same use situation, so you can save that nonsense as well - as in: You Fail.

..and finally. so things are very clear, as a retired serviceman, the only 'Mission Accomplished' that means anything to me is that which indicates an indisputably completed task, not some misuse of said term by someone with a seemingly lower IQ and integrity-level than even you two.

Anyway... Back To the Article Topic: Hopefully this will be one of those law suits that Apple loses, because when all's said and done the similarities in both look and function between the two lock-screens simple isn't there.

1) The issue isn't that his phone is set up differently than yours, it's that you lied about your usage habits. He undeniably proved you to be a fraud. He backed up his proof with details you failed to note or addressed when questioned about it prior to his posting.

2) The meaning of "Mission Accomplished" was derived from Bush's May 1st, 2003 speech aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln. A Nimitz-class supercarrier. Owned and operated by the US Navy. Stated by the Commander and Chief of the US Armed Forces. What part of that could possibly not be understood by someone who is a "serviceman"? Note: the official date for the end of Iraq War is December 18th, 2011.

3) If you continue to make personal attacks I will report you.
  • Reply 153 of 171
    Quote:

That's Nice...

..and finally. so things are very clear, as a retired serviceman, the only 'Mission Accomplished' that means anything to me is the decades old definition of the term within the Armed Forces, one which indicates an indisputably Completed Task, not some misuse of said term by someone with a seemingly lower IQ and integrity-level than even you two.

About time you pull some images with iPads and iPhones and Androids in the same image, so what you mumble here looks 'relevant' and 'credible'.
  • Reply 154 of 171
    Quote:

3) If you continue to make personal attacks I will report you.

Please don't, it's just too amusing to read his stuff.
  • Reply 155 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Povilas View Post

About time you pull some images with iPads and iPhones and Androids in the same image, so what you mumble here looks 'relevant' and 'credible'.

Heh. I also noticed how trolls try to take the high road by pretending to get back on topic after massively derailing a thread. They don't see the irony.
  • Reply 156 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Heh. I also noticed how trolls try to take the high road by pretending to get back on topic after massively derailing a thread. They don't see the irony.

Heh. I also noticed how trolls jump on inane bully-bandwagons when they so obviously have nothing of merit to add to the actual conversation.

They don't even see the utter hypocrisy of their own actions.
  • Reply 157 of 171
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Maybe we are overthinking this, maybe he's just that dumb. Plain and simple.
  • Reply 158 of 171
    @ Povilas, Attack the post not the poster. DaHarder makes enough personal attacks around here, we don't need to add to it if our arguments are sound.
  • Reply 159 of 171
    Quote:

@ Povilas, Attack the post not the poster.

You Tell Em' Coach!
  • Reply 160 of 171
    Quote:

You Tell Em' Coach!

Shut up.