SumOfUS.org removes false claim from Apple petition after collecting signatures

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 88
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Yes, it is - using the dictionary definitions.

Colloquially, though, 'noxious' often means something that has a smell or other properties that are annoying and disagreeable, whether it's dangerous or not.

thanks Webster! - just continuing the string of "ous" words was all...
  • Reply 82 of 88
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Penn & Teller once went around to a bunch of hippies, green activists and other ignorant people and they got a bunch of them to sign a petition banning H2O.

This is for real:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-yi3...ning_petition/
  • Reply 83 of 88
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    You said:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

I'm all for speaking up for people with no voice, and factory workers in China definitely fit the bill there. But having a petition with its facts so wrong, and then changing the wording after they signed it is scummy as hell. Stupid SumofBitches.

I made joke, based on part by the fact that these are people who clearly have SumOfUS.org as their "voice". (N.B. Whether they want it or not.)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by John.B View Post

Quote:

I'm all for speaking up for people with no voice, and factory workers in China definitely fit the bill there.

The factory workers are mute? I'm so horrified, I think I'll start a petition!

Quote:

Your editing of my post misrepresents what I wrote. I suspect it was to aid in making a joke intended to belittle my point of standing up for the little guy(no, not short people).

And as I indicated before I think SumOfUs effed up big time. just so there's no confusion.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but I don't think I misrepresented what you said.

Quote:

I didn't like the previous poster editing my post because I thought it misrepresented what I wrote. So you immediatly do the same thing. Cute. It's a d!ck move, but I guess that doesn't surprise me coming from you.

I didn't edit your post, except for brevity, and I'm not seeing how that misrepresented what you wrote. If you think that's a d!ck move, good-on-ya-mate, but I'm just not seeing it.

FWIW, a sense of humor goes a long way on teh interwebs
  • Reply 84 of 88
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

These people lie whenever they speak, changing there petition lol doesnt supprise me they got caught lying and now back peddling, they could not tell the truth because it does not fit with the monster they built in the press.

Here is an anti-SumOfUs 'petition'. http://www.rest-of-us.org spread it around.
  • Reply 85 of 88
    Absolutely! We can trust multi billion dollar corps. They have our best interests at heart just like politicians do. I'm sure Chinese labor standards are the best in the world. We don't need sumofus interfering with big oil companies, GMO products, pesticide use, animal abuse, foreign labor standards, water rights, human rights and such. Billionaire CEO's and our trustworthy govt will take care of us fine like they always do
  • Reply 86 of 88
    We don't need orgs like sumofus to protect us. Multi billion dollar corps and our trusty politicians have our best interests at heart. Issues like GMO's, water rights, animal abuse, foreign labor standards, etc. are just make believe. Billionaire CEO's and our fine govt. have never steered us wrong. We can trust them, they will represent the common folks health and prosperity fully.
  • Reply 87 of 88
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by middle class View Post

Absolutely! We can trust multi billion dollar corps. They have our best interests at heart just like politicians do. I'm sure Chinese labor standards are the best in the world. We don't need sumofus interfering with big oil companies, GMO products, pesticide use, animal abuse, foreign labor standards, water rights, human rights and such. Billionaire CEO's and our trustworthy govt will take care of us fine like they always do

Seems kinda dumb to necro a thread with 1. wrong information 2. irrelevant information.

• Reply 88 of 88
    Seems kinda dumb to necro a thread with 1. wrong information 2. irrelevant information.
    Irrelevant? So you don't agree with all the anti-sumofus posts before mine? Don't you want to petition them like they suggested? So it is relevant if I'm in support of the previous comments. If you disagree with the restofus then at least say why you would stand up for sumofus.