Apple profits surge 94% on sales of 35.1M iPhones, 11.8M iPads

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Think maybe that's why the average post count has dropped precipitously since the change?

There is far too much visual clutter, too many options, too many changes. Feh!

• Reply 82 of 86
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"The new iPad is off to a great start, and across the year you're going to see a lot more of the kind of innovation that only Apple can deliver."

Does that hint at 'retina-like' displays for their/some other products?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

The only thing that makes me want to curse is AI's new look and feel. It's depressing, really. Btw, WTF is up with the fact that half the icons don't respond to touch on an iPad!?

I agree, quite a few things don't work anymore. What has become the standard on the internet is the site's logo usually gets you to their homepage. But here in the forum it takes you to the forum, not the site homepage. Same for the 'Home' link at the bottom of every page in the forum; you need to click twice to get Home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I agree it is very weird to use on an iPad.   That seems rather a strange decision for a blog that is aimed at Apple ....  I'd have suggested making it super iPad friendly!  Then I was never asked.  :)

That would be better: setup a poll for the users response and requests; 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Pay attention, man!

Note to everyone:  I used to come here to read and post for at least an hour or two every day... Now I can't stand coming here. I have to limit my time to 20 to 30 minutes at a time maximum. I really hate the site changes.

Me too; I spent way less time than when on vBulletin. Not that vBulletin was famtastic...

Quote:

Think maybe that's why the average post count has dropped precipitously since the change?

Haven't 'checked' that, but wouldn't be surprised.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

There is far too much visual clutter, too many options, too many changes. Feh!

Indeed, changes for the worse:

Auctions tab? On the bottom you can click Top Of Page, which doesn't go all the way to the top.

Price Guides tab? No footer.

Any page on AI? No title in title bar.

Huddler. "We start by getting the basics right". Right to the basics when finger was a much used protocol.

iphone.appleinsider.com only works when my iPhone is on WiFi; doesn't work over 3G - but that is a thing with my iPhone. I once reset the network settings and that URL worked again, but I don't want to reset it again as I loose all my WiFi passwords and I didn't save them all in the notes of my Address Cards, but I digress.

And so on and so forth.

• Reply 83 of 86
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

Quote:

The real problem is it is set to email digests only by default, so people forget the thread they were in. This forum does not get enough traffic for that.

• Reply 84 of 86
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Bzzzzzzzz... you lose. The run-up started on November 28th. Guidance is [one of the reasons] that causes the big houses to buy or sell.

Try again...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleGreen View Post

Sorry, chump.  Guidance may be important when it comes to other companies.  Not Apple.  Even with low guidance, Apple is trading up over 40 points in after-market trading.  The "big houses" are selling, or buying?  It is up 40 points because the "big houses" are ignoring Apple's always ridiculously conservative guidance.

You must be short.  I feel sorry for you.  You gotta learn how this game is played.

How's that working out for you.

• Reply 85 of 86
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member

If he's not planning on selling any time soon, it'll work out for him greatly.

• Reply 86 of 86
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

If he's not planning on selling any time soon, it'll work out for him greatly.

Again... that wasn't my point... and you know it.