Microsoft looks to woo iCloud users with SkyDrive comparison webpage

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    No one disliked what idisk was supposed to offer, everyone disliked what it was actually offering: bugs on every other file transfer, it worked a tad better with a third party webdav client such as cyberback, but its integration with the finder was simply atrocious. Enter dropbox which works like a charm, never had a single problem with it, it's probably on of the most bug free software/service I have ever used, although they could do better in upgrading their storage and prices. How about offering 1.5 gb to all the free users, and giving us paid subscribers 20gb more each, just a thought. ;)

What you keep ignoring is that your experience isn't universal. I'm very happy with iDisk. What is it that makes "I had a problem with iDisk" turn into "iDisk is a steaming pile of dung that no one could possibly like"?

apfeltosh wrote: »
    I'm truly amazed when people crap all over someone trying to give Apple competition for their excellent but over-priced products. Seriously, it is online storage so the best $/G is what people should be pushing for, assuming similar/same functionality, and not blindly saying Apple is better at everything at all times. I for one applaud Microsoft, DropBox, SugarSync, and all the other cloud-based storage offerings. If you want to overspend for basic online storage synchronization, just to put an "i in front of cloud storage, then by all means give up your hard-earned money to Cook, who will gladly pad his bank account.

Overspend on basic online storage synchronization? iCloud is free. How is that overspending? I can understand the complaint that iCloud is missing some key features, but overspending isn't an issue.

And "excellent but overpriced"? That hasn't been true for many years.

iPhone - right in line with the competition both subsidized and unsubsidized.
    iPad - name another 10" tablet with equivalent features for less
    Mac Pro - easily competitive with competitive workstation class products - particularly with dual CPUs
    iMac - name another 27" AIO with equal quality for less
    MacBook Air - The competition was unable to beat Apple's price and needed subsidies from Intel
    MacBook Pro - more than cheap generic laptops, but easily competitive with systems of equal quality
    Mac Mini - Higher than generic PCs, but in line with other similar sized products
    OS X - $29 compared to hundreds of dollars for Windows
    OS X server - $500 with unlimited licenses. Windows Server with unlimited licenses is many times higher

So where is the 'over-priced' product?
  • Reply 82 of 85
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

So where is the 'over-priced' product?

All of the above. You just have to ignore everything but the name of the product to see that.

You're just not seeing the forest for the suburbs, is all. image

• Reply 83 of 85
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Please tell me you don't actually believe that?

Coming from the same poster that used Vista and Longhorn as two separate items in the same attack and this surprises you? 

• Reply 84 of 85
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

What you keep ignoring is that your experience isn't universal. I'm very happy with iDisk. What is it that makes "I had a problem with iDisk" turn into "iDisk is a steaming pile of dung that no one could possibly like"?

Nothing other than the fact that everyone's been saying it, SJ publicly admitted to mm being a failure, and that apple abandoned it to buy dropbox, with a (what was it?) a 10 figure sum for pretty much the same service, but one that actually worked. 

• Reply 85 of 85
    gyorpbgyorpb Posts: 93member

Quote:

Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

Nothing other than the fact that everyone's been saying it, SJ publicly admitted to mm being a failure, and that apple abandoned it to buy dropbox, with a (what was it?) a 10 figure sum for pretty much the same service, but one that actually worked. 

Not "everyone" has been saying it: iDisk works just fine, for me. And apparently, it did so for jragosta, too.

Steve Jobs admitted to MobileMe being a failure, that means the entire operation, not necessarily, specifically, iDisk.

.tsooJ