Apple stock seen hitting $2,000 by the end of 2015

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member

When AAPL fell to $360, I had bought my most recent shares at $420. I felt bad then, sure, but I feel pretty damn good about my logical and fundamentally sound call now. Same will happen to those who bought at $620. At $620, you're still getting a brilliant company at a very cheap price (P/E of 14). You can't predict where the markets will go, but you can practically predict where a stock will go in the long term (up, down, stock price ratio relative to assumed earnings, etc.).

If someone's going long, then all they can beat themselves up about is not waiting a week+ before they bought at $620. But hey, $620 is a great technical price, and they'll make a HUGE profit on that in the long run, and I'm not even talking multiple years. 

Now, I could care less about buying at $360 or $420, but back then, it obviously bothered me. Same will happen again, as it's happened so many times before, as it will happen so many more times going forward.

To those who bought at $620, I say "Ignore the noise, don't worry about day to day, just worry about how much money you'll be counting when your solid and wise investment pays off".

• Reply 62 of 74
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

When AAPL fell to $360, I had bought my most recent shares at $420. I felt bad then, sure, but I feel pretty damn good about my logical and fundamentally sound call now. Same will happen to those who bought at $620. At $620, you're still getting a brilliant company at a very cheap price (P/E of 14). You can't predict where the markets will go, but you can practically predict where a stock will go in the long term (up, down, stock price ratio relative to assumed earnings, etc.).

If someone's going long, then all they can beat themselves up about is not waiting a week+ before they bought at $620. But hey, $620 is a great technical price, and they'll make a HUGE profit on that in the long run, and I'm not even talking multiple years. 

Now, I could care less about buying at $360 or $420, but back then, it obviously bothered me. Same will happen again, as it's happened so many times before, as it will happen so many more times going forward.

To those who bought at $620, I say "Ignore the noise, don't worry about day to day, just worry about how much money you'll be counting when your solid and wise investment pays off".

You're just guessing.

• Reply 63 of 74

You're getting desperate. There was no guessing involved. I'll bet you all my AAPL shares that AAPL will get well above $620 again. How much are you willing to bet that they won't?

Again, long term investor VS short term trader. Here lies the disparity.

• Reply 64 of 74
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member

Quote:

You're getting desperate. There was no guessing involved. I'll bet you all my AAPL shares that AAPL will get well above $620 again.

That's a safe bet. The question is, when?

• Reply 65 of 74

Quote:

You're getting desperate. There was no guessing involved. I'll bet you all my AAPL shares that AAPL will get well above $620 again. How much are you willing to bet that they won't?

Again, long term investor VS short term trader. Here lies the disparity.

I never said that it wouldn't but anyone who thinks that they are doing anything but guessing in the stock market is a fool.

• Reply 66 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

That's a safe bet. The question is, when?

After the iPhone was introduced (and then again after the iPad was introduced) it became very clear that Apple was firing on all cylinders and that AAPL was undervalued.

During this time we saw AAPL hit a high of $200 and then sink back to a ridiculous value under $90. Investors always seem to treat Apple with a "show me" attitude.

Show them what and when??!... lower and lower iPhone sales (regardless if the numbers are still greater than last year), lower and lower iPad sales (regardless if the numbers are still greater than last year), lower and lower iPod numbers... and the iMac numbers don't seem to matter to investors.

The potential at Apple is enormous, no doubt. The financials are staggering, no doubt.

... but until Apple either brings out another wonder product and/or has another enormous holiday quarter it doesn't have much to show to get the price back over the high of $640 (any other company might have been over $740 at that point).

It's just the way the markets treat Apple.

• Reply 67 of 74
    fairthropefairthrope Posts: 249member

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

... but until Apple either brings out another wonder product and/or has another enormous holiday quarter it doesn't have much to show to get the price back over the high of $640 (any other company might have been over $740 at that point).

Say what? So investors, namely Vanguard and Reinassance, are saying that iPhone 5 means nothing now. And if you want $700 per share, bring me the next iWonder?

How would Ive do that?

• Reply 68 of 74

Quote:

Understand that how the market works is merely a guess, I'm not contesting that. I'm talking *fundamentals*. If the market were fundamentally driven, then buying AAPL anywhere is a great investment, because it's drastically undervalued. Your "I told you so" is simple luck, AAPL could have easily gone the other way.... BUT.... the market is irrational, isn't it? Maybe I trust fundamentals too much, and in the short term it's quite inconsistent, but in the long term, it's still the best way to invest.

That's what I said. It seems you, like Apple][ and Long Term Capital of 1989, trust the full faith in fundamentals and matermatics and throw away human factors altogether. My aunt invested with them and lost all her savings.

Humans don't use their heads when things are too good or too bad. I am expecting someone to lose his nerve and set off the stampede at $650. Just one traders got a cold feet, but at this price of AAPL, one man running could get the same result as someone yelling 'Fire!' in the cinema. You will only get trampled to death holding on to fundamentals.

Can you afford to eat up the losses and volatility of, say, 30% up and down for 5-6 years?

• Reply 69 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairthrope View Post

Say what? So investors, namely Vanguard and Reinassance, are saying that iPhone 5 means nothing now. And if you want $700 per share, bring me the next iWonder?

How would Ive do that?

What the **** are you talking about?

Did you miss the part about the monster holiday quarter. (hint - that would be the effect of iPhone ver. 6)

... and I'm totally missing the reference to Ive... being that he is only a part of the equation.

image you can't even say **** on here anymore... now that's hilarious. I wonder what happens when I call someone a **** ]

• Reply 70 of 74

Quote:

That's what I said. It seems you, like Apple][ and Long Term Capital of 1989, trust the full faith in fundamentals and matermatics and throw away human factors altogether. My aunt invested with them and lost all her savings.

Humans don't use their heads when things are too good or too bad. I am expecting someone to lose his nerve and set off the stampede at $650. Just one traders got a cold feet, but at this price of AAPL, one man running could get the same result as someone yelling 'Fire!' in the cinema. You will only get trampled to death holding on to fundamentals.

Can you afford to eat up the losses and volatility of, say, 30% up and down for 5-6 years?

People who have rode this same ol' same ol' since they bought the stock long ago, are doing pretty well with their purchases. They rode out AAPL going from $360 to $300, $430 to $350, etc. etc. last year, and the year before.... and before, etc.

If you want to make real profits on AAPL, you simply buy and hold. If you are a great trader, and have lots of time and energy and stress to spare, then you can do quite well by trading it. 

Certain companies it's best to judge by fundamentals first, and Apple is one of them. I for one am not swayed by downward trends and won't be selling, been there done that. What I do hope I can do is have enough capital to buy more if it gets to certain trigger points.

• Reply 71 of 74

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

After the iPhone was introduced (and then again after the iPad was introduced) it became very clear that Apple was firing on all cylinders and that AAPL was undervalued.

During this time we saw AAPL hit a high of $200 and then sink back to a ridiculous value under $90. Investors always seem to treat Apple with a "show me" attitude.

Show them what and when??!... lower and lower iPhone sales (regardless if the numbers are still greater than last year), lower and lower iPad sales (regardless if the numbers are still greater than last year), lower and lower iPod numbers... and the iMac numbers don't seem to matter to investors.

The potential at Apple is enormous, no doubt. The financials are staggering, no doubt.

This is what I refer to. So you said investors will never get the stock to $650 because they want something more than iPhone and iPad could give them, then what else is there? And if Mac numbers are irrelevant now, is it just leave the next iWonder Product, which have to blow away both iPhone and iPad like they blew iPod away in 2007? They tried iDividens, and only brought it above $600.

How do we get Godzilla's magic number of $1000 per share before he died of old age, hit the retirement, or forced to offload to raise cash for whatever reason, without the next iOS device? Judging by his style of writing and use of vocabs, he doesn't have that long.

• Reply 72 of 74

Quote:

This is what I refer to. So you said investors will never get the stock to $650 because they want something more than iPhone and iPad could give them, then what else is there? And if Mac numbers are irrelevant now, is it just leave the next iWonder Product, which have to blow away both iPhone and iPad like they blew iPod away in 2007? They tried iDividens, and only brought it above $600.

How do we get Godzilla's magic number of $1000 per share before he died of old age, hit the retirement, or forced to offload to raise cash for whatever reason, without the next iOS device? Judging by his style of writing and use of vocabs, he doesn't have that long.

Apple has a chance to bring AAPL up to $700 after the 2012 holiday quarter if they sell 47-50 million iPhones, keep iPad sales steady and keep iMac sales steady. If iPad sales increase and Mac sales increase along with 47-50 iPhones then we'll see $750.

... but $1000. Wow! Don't know how unless another magic iProduct hits the shelves or they sell 25 million iPads and 60 million iPhones and 8 million Macs... which could happen... one day... really...

• Reply 73 of 74

Quote:

A 26 P/E currently would get them there, nothing "magical" there. 

If Apple stayed completely dormant, China could get them there as they're still in infantile stages of the "Apple Experience". Not to mention, standard growth of the existing models would get them there. Guys like you who don't have the wit, logic, or sack to jump in and go for a fundamentally "duh!" ride, will play naysayer and shriek in fear "Where are the buyers?! How can this stock move upt?!" all the way there, just as you probably did since $200 a share.

Come aboard, enjoy the ride. The fundamentals are mapped out, and conservative guidance and a low P/E will get AAPL to $1,000 a share soon enough. The real question is "where will they go from there?". Apple has momentum in spades right now, and emerging markets, as long as they keep themselves hungry, 1 Trillion Dollar Market Cap should be expected. They should already essentially be there. I mean, they have 15% of that in cash right now for sh*t's sake.

• Reply 74 of 74

Apple Stock is still lingering around 500-550, Also after its new release Apple 5C hasn't been quite successful, Apple hitting $2000 by 2015 seems at distant future. It all depends on how Apple China plans turns out to be : It's no secret that Apple (AAPL) has been gaining momentum in China. Coinciding with the launch of the 5c/5s, Apple's market share in China has jumped dramatically, and it's looking more and more like the company is not going to have any trouble monetizing the Chinese markets via its deal with China Mobile.  I think this is a right time to buy a piece of Apple one can buy it here - http://www.ligaforex.com/markets/stocks/Apple