21% of iOS users say they wouldn't leave Apple at any price

Comments

• Reply 81 of 155
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    I found this pretty startling I myself will by products based their performance and quality. If I find another device at a similar price that functions better then I will buy it. Sticking to an inferior product regardless of the brand name is kind of cheating your self. If a superior tablet comes compared to my iPad I will buy it regardless of the company. 
    Yes but Apple has such a huge lead in patents and the iOS and OS X ecosystem how could any of us ever defect to any other company's line of inferior products. As owner of about 10,400 apps I can't imagine ever using anything that's not made by Apple running iOS or OS X way better than any other OS could ever do on another company's hardware. The idea that you can quantify a percentage of users who would defect for a short term savings of money radically discounts and demeans the invaluable experience we are having with iOS and OS X devices which is priceless. I find this study to be a tasteless example of some dweeb needing to justify his/her job by making a pointless survey of device users in the hopes that they can form some sort of pointless wedge between the Apple users and their devices as if Apple users would ever defect to another type of device.

Have you ever tried to use an Android device? They are utterly crap on crap. The moment you try to touch one you understand they are not an Apple device. I believe the only reason people are using Android devices is because they are ignorant of the qualitative difference between what a salesman has fooled them into and what the reality is. That's why I find this kind of survey so offensive. The questions are based on the premise that people are motivated by price and money in these experiences and the use of these tools. I disagree with the premise of these questions. The reason Apple users are so happy is because the experience with Apple's devices is so superior to experience with any other products which is markedly inferior. Apple loyalty has to do with happy communications experiences not how much the devices cost.
  • Reply 82 of 155
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

Have you ever tried to use an Android device? They are utterly crap on crap. The moment you try to touch one you understand they are not an Apple device. I believe the only reason people are using Android devices is because they are ignorant of the qualitative difference between what a salesman has fooled them into and what the reality is. That's why I find this kind of survey so offensive. The questions are based on the premise that people are motivated by price and money in these experiences and the use of these tools. I disagree with the premise of these questions. The reason Apple users are so happy is because the experience with Apple's devices is so superior to experience with any other products which is markedly inferior. Apple loyalty has to do with happy communications experiences not how much the devices cost.

Wow, just wow. A bit over the top much? 

• Reply 83 of 155
    freshmakerfreshmaker Posts: 532member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbmcavoy View Post

Just last night, I mentioned to my wife that the new Google tablet looks intriguing, and is quite cheap (hint, hint). She responded that she's so happy how all of our stuff works so well together since we switched to Apple that she'd rather wait until we can justify buying an iPad.

Yeah, she's right.

Yeah, that's it exactly.  Everything just works beautifully together.  Apple's done a marvelous job syncing all of their hardware together.  I have an Apple router, Apple TV, iPhone and Macbook Pro and they just...work.  You can definitely tell the quality.  Had an iPad 2 until I was an idiot and left it on an airplane.  :(

I probably won't buy another MBP because I really like having an optical drive.  My MBP currently has one and runs great, so no need to upgrade for some time anyway.  I don't ever see myself buying another brand of phone or tablet though.  Apple's products are too good to go elsewhere.

• Reply 84 of 155
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

Yes but Apple has such a huge lead in patents and the iOS and OS X ecosystem how could any of us ever defect to any other company's line of inferior products. As owner of about 10,400 apps 

Wha..!! How did you ever find the time to look for and download that many, much less ever use them! If you spent 8 non-stop hours every day, 365 days a year with no breaks at all it would take almost 2 years just to spend a measly 30 minutes with each one.

• Reply 85 of 155
    freshmakerfreshmaker Posts: 532member

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Wow, just wow. A bit over the top much? 

I know.  That's the kind of Apple fan that irritates me to no end.  I agree that iOS is superior to Android, but Android is just fine.  I had a Droid before I switched, and frankly I loved it.  The navigation rocked and the widgets were nice.  The customizability was also nice - liked having a button on the screen to enable/disable bluetooth and other wireless connections.  Might not seem like much, but going through the various Settings menus are annoying by comparison.  I bet that guy doesn't realize that the notification system in iOS5 is a direct copy of what Android's had for years.  Just don't get the vitriol.

• Reply 86 of 155
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I'm surprised the data isn't 79% say they wouldn't change at any price. 21% seems very low to me.
  • Reply 87 of 155
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    freshmaker wrote: »
    I know.  That's the kind of Apple fan that irritates me to no end.  I agree that iOS is superior to Android, but Android is just fine.  I had a Droid before I switched, and frankly I loved it.  The navigation rocked and the widgets were nice.  The customizability was also nice - liked having a button on the screen to enable/disable bluetooth and other wireless connections.  Might not seem like much, but going through the various Settings menus are annoying by comparison.  I bet that guy doesn't realize that the notification system in iOS5 is a direct copy of what Android's had for years.  Just don't get the vitriol.

I think what you don't understand s but for iOS androids would have plastic keyboards and look like BBs.
  • Reply 88 of 155
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    multimedia wrote:
    Yes but Apple has such a huge lead in patents and the iOS and OS X ecosystem how could any of us ever defect to any other company's line of inferior products. As owner of about 10,400 apps
    Wha..!! How did you ever find the time to look for and download that many, much less ever use them! If you spent 8 non-stop hours every day, 365 days a year with no breaks at all it would take almost 2 years just to spend a measly 30 minutes with each one.

That's a lot of apps. I think I've discussed with Gatorguy in the past about how I don't buy too many new apps simply because I have too many as it is and they seem to get unused if they aren't on the first home screen.

This is one the reasons I find the new Podcast app so irksome. I guess I can just put my iPod and Podcast app into a folder but that's just another step to get to either. That's simply not ideal.

I wonder if smart folders would work on the home screen. Just like with iTunes/iPod apps having smart playlists that can show you songs that are new, most played, etc. it would be nice to have a folder that listed apps that are less than 7 days old, haven't been used in over 30 days (so you can then decide to remove them permanently), or any number of preferences one can think of.
  • Reply 89 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I see that tekstud is very active today.

I thought they banned "I Am A TekZtud Zock Zuppet"...

• Reply 90 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixnaHalfFeet View Post

Gives us a new view of the 1 percenters. They are the ones who say they are "unlikely" to buy Apple products, or say their next purchase is going to be a Droid. Gives you a new insight to the posters around here who say they switched from Apple to Droid and love it.

It shows the percent of people who's marbles have long since been spilled all over the place

• Reply 91 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'm surprised the data isn't 79% say they wouldn't change at any price. 21% seems very low to me.

21% is actually very good. That's obviously a very good chunk of the high end of the intelligence bell curve. At the other end are Android users who would eat your face off, beard or not. :-)

• Reply 92 of 155
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member

21% is actually very good. That's obviously a very good chunk of the high end of the intelligence bell curve. At the other end are Android users who would eat your face off, beard or not. :-)

If we evaluate the data further, 50% of users would need a more than 30% discount (is this hardware only or carrier subscription as well), likely with the same functionality or better. Feature parity is the forgotten piece of the puzzle. The average user assumes that the competition offers comparable products and services which is simply not true.

We know, for example that while people can purchase previous generation iPhone they most often opt for the latest generation. Very few smartphones even compare to the latest generation iPhone six months after release let alone immediately upon release. No other company has the customer service, ecosystem, performance, reliability, or stability to generate such high levels of customer satisfaction and customer retention.
    freshmaker wrote: »

Are you suggesting that Android fans aren't just as rabid or worse? The person you are commenting about is on a public forum which is on a website dedicated to Apple.

I expect wildly enthusiastic Apple fanaticism on a website dedicated to Apple.
    I don't expect widely enthusiastic fanaticism about competitor products and services on a website dedicated to Apple yet we see that theme played out time and again. To what purpose?
    What of those wildly enthusiastic fanatics of Apple competitors on supposedly unbiased websites?
    Are there hordes of wildly enthusiastic Apple fanatics who are compelled to post in forums of websites dedicated to Apple competitors? I just don't see this absurd phenomenon by Apple fanatics on websites dedicated to Android.

There seems to be a double standard. Which company has fans which are more fanatical and self affirming (afflicted by a reality distortion field)?
  • Reply 93 of 155
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

Once you go Mac, you won't go back! :o)

I'd give the other side a try, if by my evaluation it seemed better than Apple's lovely products.

Not likely to happen though, Apple just keeps continually improving their products. 

So the others can't catch up, in fact for several products the others are falling further behind.

• Reply 94 of 155
    joshajosha Posts: 901member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbmcavoy View Post

Just last night, I mentioned to my wife that the new Google tablet looks intriguing, and is quite cheap (hint, hint). She responded that she's so happy how all of our stuff works so well together since we switched to Apple that she'd rather wait until we can justify buying an iPad.

Yeah, she's right.

Preferring a 7" sized Tablet I bought a RIM Playbook, for a song.

Interesting UI differences, some better and some worse than the iPad.

Very good screen, passable power, too small a power button for me.

BB OS has it's problems and Rim's Apps, like the Browser, are quite  inferior to Apple's  IOS.

If only Apple would bring out a 7" tablet, I'd move to it immediately. So I'm with your wife, stick with Apple's superior implementation and forget those trying to catch up.

• Reply 95 of 155
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    "Apple wrote:
    [" url="/t/151009/21-of-ios-users-say-they-wouldnt-leave-apple-at-any-price#post_2137284"]

The chances that my next laptop will be Apple is 100%.

The chances that my next tablet will be Apple is 100%.

The chances that my next phone will be Apple is 100%.

For any of those to not come true, Apple would have to screw up so badly, we're talking about a fuckup of RIM or NOKIA proportions, and I see that as extremely unlikely. 

dito!

plus

The chances that my next desktop will be Apple is 100%
  • Reply 96 of 155
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I do have about 3-4 slick cooler-master cases (Preaetorian)  :)

Whatever you do don't ever buy an Alienware machine or your place will be the next battleground for Alienware vs Praetorian...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post

Ahh so you can't answer the question either....

You don't seem to have got it yet, so I'll tell you outright:

You're being ignored because you act like a jerk.

(>_<)

• Reply 97 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

You don't seem to have got it yet, so I'll tell you outright:

You're being ignored because you act like a jerk.

(>_<)

Ahh good old GTR, can always count on you to have zero facts but an emotional argument. A sign of a very weak mind.

Interesting you say I was ignored yet posters still responded and with some valid interesting comments. All you could come up with is more insults.

• Reply 98 of 155
    rbryanhrbryanh Posts: 263member

"…wouldn't leave Apple at any price."

And what a profoundly creepy thing that is.  As I neither work for nor am married to Apple, there's no way I can "leave" it.  The fact that I've purchased some of its products no more makes me a part of Apple than eating a hamburger makes me a cow.

Brand loyalty is the ultimate dysfunctional relationship.  Intelligent consumers regard corporations the way corporations regard their employees:  resources to be exploited until they're no longer profitable, then dropped without ceremony, apology, or remorse.  I enjoy my IT greatly, admire the people whose achievement it is, and am grateful for their work, but loyal to the organization which employs them?  Given that the organization is an abstraction itself incapable of loyalty, to offer it any would be inappropriate at best, pathetic at worst.

I can think of almost nothing in life less deserving of loyalty than a corporation.  The very notion is grotesque.  Just thinking about it makes me want to take a long, hot shower, using a hand mirror to check for logos in places I can't easily see.

• Reply 99 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post

"…wouldn't leave Apple at any price."

And what a profoundly creepy thing that is.  As I neither work for nor am married to Apple, there's no way I can "leave" it.  The fact that I've purchased some of its products no more makes me a part of Apple than eating a hamburger makes me a cow.

Brand loyalty is the ultimate dysfunctional relationship.  Intelligent consumers regard corporations the way corporations regard their employees:  resources to be exploited until they're no longer profitable, then dropped without ceremony, apology, or remorse.  I enjoy my IT greatly, admire the people whose achievement it is, and am grateful for their work, but loyal to the organization which employs them?  Given that the organization is an abstraction itself incapable of loyalty, to offer it any would be inappropriate at best, pathetic at worst.

I can think of almost nothing in life less deserving of loyalty than a corporation.  The very notion is grotesque.  Just thinking about it makes me want to take a long, hot shower, using a hand mirror to check for logos in places I can't easily see.

I agree 100% and the idea that any company actually cares about their customers any further than making money is really just a fairy tale.

The passion some people show to a brand/product is quite sickening and the hatred towards other brand/products is equally pathetic.

• Reply 100 of 155

No willing to leave Apple even after Death :)image