21% of iOS users say they wouldn't leave Apple at any price

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 155
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Everybody has a price. Someone puts 100k in my face, adios Apple.

Not me. Of course that I am a video editor and most of my clients work with Final Cut in studio and that my stuff has to work with their stuff is a factor. That I can put Windows on my machine and work with both worlds when I need to and it's all legit is another factor. 

That said, 1000 folks particularly when you are talking about iOS is not enough folks to be close to statistically sound. 

• Reply 142 of 155
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsmuse View Post

Apples Ecosystem is far more immense regarding apps and media content.

And yet there is still tons of room for improvement in Apple's system. Things like getting all their video up to 720 and 1080p, getting Extras etc to work on the Apple TV if not also the iPad also. More reasonable pricing especially the lack of features in most stuff. Getting places like HBO to stop making folks wait for the DVD release to download their stuff. Oh and getting everything global. Heck it might even slow down some of the torrenting. 

• Reply 143 of 155
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,424member

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

And yet there is still tons of room for improvement in Apple's system. Things like getting all their video up to 720 and 1080p, getting Extras etc to work on the Apple TV if not also the iPad also. More reasonable pricing especially the lack of features in most stuff. Getting places like HBO to stop making folks wait for the DVD release to download their stuff. Oh and getting everything global. Heck it might even slow down some of the torrenting. 

You're talking about things Apple doesn't control.  Complain to the content owners.

• Reply 144 of 155
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

In any event, THIS has to be worrying:

-----------------------------------------------------

Nokia: We have a backup if Windows Phone doesn't work out

http://www.neowin.net/news/nokia-we-have-a-backup-if-windows-phone-doesnt-work-out

Is Nokia planning ahead in case its upcoming Windows Phone 8 plans don't work out? That appears to be what the company's new chairman Risto Siilasmaa said earlier this week. The YLE.fi website reports that Siilasmaa made an appearance on a Finland-based TV talk show and said that the company in fact has a "contingency plan" in case their Windows Phone 8 products don't sell as anticipated.

While Siilasmaa, who became the company's chairman in May, added that he was sure that Windows Phone 8 would be a success for Nokia, one has to wonder why he would mention any sort of backup plan in public. Whatever that plan might be, it does not sound like it will involve Symbian, which is Nokia's in-house operating system and was its major OS until the Windows Phone deal was announced. Siilasmaa said, "Symbian’s market share has come down close to zero."

The story also points out what we have reported before: That Nokia's stock price has plummeted down to new lows. In June the company announced plans to cut 10,000 more workers as well as a shake up in its executive ranks. One of the changes put Chris Weber, formerly the head of Nokia's US operations, as its new executive vice president of sales and marketing.

----------------------------------------------------------

Looks like they really believe in their product.   /s

Then again, nearly two years on the market with little to no traction, while the company is circling the drain, will do that to ya. 

• Reply 145 of 155
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    In any event, THIS has to be worrying:

[...]

Looks like they really believe in their product.   /s

Then again, nearly two years on the market with little to no traction, while the company is circling the drain, will do that to ya. 

I don't get these companies. You need to believe in your product if you want consumers to believe in them. Apple never stated it was switching to Intel until it had to so developers could ready their apps, yet they had Rosetta ready for those PPC apps that weren't going to be ready (some of them never) and they had the Intel Macs on sale long before they said they would.

It's great that Nokia is planning for the worst by creating their own modern, mobile OS (and other OEMs tied to Windows desktop OS should have been doing this for decades now) but you don't go telling the world.
  • Reply 146 of 155

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

And yet there is still tons of room for improvement in Apple's system. ... More reasonable pricing especially the lack of features in most stuff. 

Good luck with that.  The story says that many Apple buyers give little or no consideration to cost.  Knowing that, there is little incentive for Apple to align prices with value.  Indeed, the poll is a graven invitation to Apple to raise prices, because higher prices would have much less impact on sales volume than would be the case with many other companies.

• Reply 147 of 155
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Good luck with that.  The story says that many Apple buyers give little or no consideration to cost.  Knowing that, there is little incentive for Apple to align prices with value.  Indeed, the poll is a graven invitation to Apple to raise prices, because higher prices would have much less impact on sales volume than would be the case with many other companies.
    A stupid statement. You always have to work within given parameters - in this case OSX, or IOS. The story says that those customers feel that Apple's prices are aligned excellent value. In fact, few other companies an compare in this regard.
  • Reply 148 of 155
    I was quite loyal to Apple until I tried a Galaxy 2. I wanted to see what was on the other side of the fence.
    Now that I've switched from Apple, it's extremely pleasant. The phone is just so much easier to use and much more customizable than the iPhone. If you bash Samsung w/o trying it you are a tool who thinks an shiny logo and higher price = better.
  • Reply 149 of 155
    fredaroony wrote: »
    freediverx wrote: »
    Also, on principle, I have no desire to purchase a product from a company that cares more about their relationship with mobile carriers than with their customers...
    Not sure what you mean by your last sentence though. Companies really only care about one thing from my point of view.

Yes, all companies exist to make profit. The difference is in the philosophy those companies hold on how BEST to make that profit. Apple believes the best way to make profit is to provide superior products and superior service to the customer, maximizing loyalty (as is evidenced by the point of this thread) by making the customer happy.

Whereas other companies try to profit not by maximizing loyalty, but by minimizing cost, often producing inferior products or offering inferior services as a result.

Both methods seek to maximize profits. But which method is better for the consumer? Which method makes MY life better?
  • Reply 150 of 155

Baaaa!

• Reply 151 of 155
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post

> "Android is barely ahead"

LOL.  You better check your facts.  In the smartphone world, Android is approaching a 3:1 ratio.  In the tablet world, yeah, iPad is clearly the victor.

Then there's this:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/07/02/apples_ios_takes_65_mobile_browser_share_in_june_android_at_20.html

• Reply 152 of 155
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Now that I've switched from Apple, it's extremely pleasant. The phone is just so much easier to use and much more customizable than the iPhone. If you bash Samsung w/o trying it you are a tool who thinks an shiny logo and higher price = better.

Mmm… no, that's not the case.
  • Reply 153 of 155
    I was quite loyal to Apple until I tried a Galaxy 2. I wanted to see what was on the other side of the fence.

I've tried Samsung. If there was no iPhone and they came up with all this ingenuity by themselves ( won't go into that) then it'd most likely be my choice.

But, overall compared to apple, I don't like the cheap feel and look of their phones, and the fragmented OS of android doesn't leave me feeling very secure with my purchase and support over the life of the product.

I had a roommate that hated apple just because he is a sort of a hacker/pirate of software and such.

Just recently he even threw in the towel on android for such reasons.

Hes now using his old Samsung instinct until the new iphone releases becuse his EVO got effed over software and hardware BS.

he's says using his instinct is absolute torture but he'd rather deal with it than go to android again.

He hates Apple but is slowly coming around because of the headaches Android has caused Him.

Never underestimate the power of quality, security, reliability, and simplicity.

To me these features are paramount over everything.
  • Reply 154 of 155
    Btw the instinct mentioned wasn't meant to be a comparison for Samsung products, but more about the fact that my friend would rather use and old phone than buy into a new android Samsung phone.
  • Reply 155 of 155
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    I've tried Samsung. If there was no iPhone and they came up with all this ingenuity by themselves ( won't go into that) then it'd most likely be my choice.
    But, overall compared to apple, I don't like the cheap feel and look of their phones, and the fragmented OS of android doesn't leave me feeling very secure with my purchase and support over the life of the product.
    I had a roommate that hated apple just because he is a sort of a hacker/pirate of software and such.
    Just recently he even threw in the towel on android for such reasons.
    Hes now using his old Samsung instinct until the new iphone releases becuse his EVO got effed over software and hardware BS.
    he's says using his instinct is absolute torture but he'd rather deal with it than go to android again.
    He hates Apple but is slowly coming around because of the headaches Android has caused Him.
    Never underestimate the power of quality, security, reliability, and simplicity.
    To me these features are paramount over everything.

No offense but your former roommate isn't a "hacker."

Contrary to popular opinion, as Android proponents would have you believe, the iPhone is a hacker's dream.

Installing "Live Tiles" or "Widgets" is not hacking
    Installing Custom Wallpapers is not hacking
    Installing third party keyboards is not hacking
    "Sideloading" app is not hacking
    Installing a "custom ROM" is not hacking

"Jailbreaking" is not "hacking" either but "jailbreaking" allows users to do any of the above.

The available tools for most of the custom install tools are not much more difficult in many instances than using any other app.