Some new Mac buyers unable to redeem Mountain Lion codes on App Store

Comments

• Reply 61 of 136

Ok, I'm chanting with a bottle of Wild Turkey. Here kitty kitty.......

• Reply 62 of 136
    rokradrokrad Posts: 143member

It is sad to see how whiny people do get... I'm just sitting here and if the email comes then I'll be happy but I'm not fussing in the mean time. There's plenty of other things to do while I wait.

• Reply 63 of 136
    sd-diversd-diver Posts: 54member

10 hours...

• Reply 64 of 136

Torrenting mine from TPB.

I submitted my info for the upgrade but no email as of yet. I have the legal rights to it so I might as well get it from there.

• Reply 65 of 136
    hitherehithere Posts: 3member
    Torrenting mine from TPB.

I submitted my info for the upgrade but no email as of yet. I have the legal rights to it so I might as well get it from there.

I would caution you about downloading apps by torrents. It is a wonderful way to install the OS together with hidden trojans. Considering how much personal info we store on our computers these days, I rather pay $20 as an 'insurance'.
  • Reply 66 of 136
    muqmanmuqman Posts: 1member

I have been waiting for 7 hrs now... I am fed up!

• Reply 67 of 136

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiThere View Post

I would caution you about downloading apps by torrents. It is a wonderful way to install the OS together with hidden trojans. Considering how much personal info we store on our computers these days, I rather pay $20 as an 'insurance'.

It's been verified to be the same DMG file right out of the App Store. Nothing to worry about.

• Reply 68 of 136
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

Nothing to worry about.

Of course not. There couldn't possibly be anything to worry about when downloading a file illegally from an unverified source.

• Reply 69 of 136
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Of course not. There couldn't possibly be anything to worry about when downloading a file illegally from an unverified source.

[Insert pic of Dr. Evil with text saying "I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan."]
  • Reply 70 of 136
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

IT'S THE FIRST DAY. You aren't going to die if you can't get Mountain Lion right now. There's no bonus for having it on the first day. 

Chill out. 

It's a randomly generated number and if traffic is high sometimes the system hits the same number twice before one instance  invalidates the code and blocks it from going to someone else. 

If you got one of the errors just contact them and then chill out while they fix it. 

You seem more emotional about the situation then the people who are experiencing the problem. Nothing is going on here that Apple shouldn't have been prepared for. This should not be happening, period. Apple sells premium priced hardware and their customer have a right to expect a higher level of service then this.

-kpluck

• Reply 71 of 136

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What's illegal about downloading software that you already have a license for? Nothing.

• Reply 72 of 136
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

What's illegal about downloading software that you already have a license for? Nothing.

The fact that you're illegally uploading it to others who don't have a license for it in the process… Come on.

• Reply 73 of 136

16 hours and waiting…  Did get two ads though!  image

• Reply 74 of 136

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The fact that you're illegally uploading it to others who don't have a license for it in the process… Come on.

Implying I need to seed when there's a dedicated seed box

• Reply 75 of 136
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiThere View Post

OMG.  Is this stuff really still going on?  Apparently, but wide spread?

• Reply 76 of 136
    vadaniavadania Posts: 425member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd-diver View Post

16 hours and waiting…  Did get two ads though!  image

16 hours for what? I don't get it.  What's with ads?

Are you scalping Mountain Lion? Is it taking 16 hours?  

How much money could you have made during that time?  Doing something legitimate?

Why would you do such a thing?  It's only $19.99?

I would really like to hear back from you.

• Reply 77 of 136
    sd-diversd-diver Posts: 54member

I submitted my request over 17 hours ago.  I have yet to receive the redemption code.  I have received email ads from Apple though that are advertising the availability of Mountain Lion as well as the new ivy bridge based Macs.  Seeing an email from Apple had gotten my hopes up.  Pretty simple really...

• Reply 78 of 136
    krawallkrawall Posts: 163member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadania View Post

16 hours for what? I don't get it.  What's with ads?

Are you scalping Mountain Lion? Is it taking 16 hours?  

How much money could you have made during that time?  Doing something legitimate?

Why would you do such a thing?  It's only $19.99?

I would really like to hear back from you.

LOL. 

Just to mention, I've submitted mine around 12 hrs ago... Nothing back from Apple yet. Anyone got the coupon in the last few hours?

Update: I just got the ad that I should upgrade to ML :-/

Tom

• Reply 79 of 136
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member

My replacement codes came at 1:47am. I submitted my original request and got the bad codes around 9:00am yesterday (Eastern).

• Reply 80 of 136

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPOM View Post

My replacement codes came at 1:47am. I submitted my original request and got the bad codes around 9:00am yesterday (Eastern).

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

I'm hoping that now they are pushing out the replacement codes, people like me who requested theirs around 18 hours ago will not have theirs pushed out shortly afterwards.

It's no big deal. I just hate the fact that you always have the doubt in your mind; did I enter the details correctly in the first place? Have I stuffed it up and it is not actually Apple's fault. Having thoughts of re-submitting but I will be patient and leave it until later tonight or first thing in the morning again before I decide what to do. I would assume that pretty much everyone should have had their codes by that stage.

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }