Side-by-side iPhone, Galaxy S comparison revealed in internal Samsung 'evaluation report'

Comments

• Reply 101 of 407

I find this case very interesting and look forward to the outcome, whatever it may be. However, that's not why I'm posting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

As ALL companies likely 'size up' their wares against the competition, and then seek to improve upon said competition's efforts.

Apple has made a complete industry out of doing exactly this... Inventing Nothing but Improving Upon What Others Already Created.

Why don't you just take this argument to its logical conclusion? No one invents anything because, in fact, natural elements make up all products any one entity produces and those entities didn't 'invent' the elements, did they? No, like so many other entities before it, Apple took separate elements that were previously available and combined them into an unique and new combination, inventing a new product. Was it the first touchscreen mobile phone? No. Was it the first mobile device with full internet browsing capabilities? No. Was it the first candy bar mobile phone? No. Was it the first mobile phone with music and video player functionality? No.

But it was the first mobile phone with all those features and more, and whose features were inarguably very accessible and easy to use. You can't point to another mobile phone that came before the iPhone that had all those capabilities in one product that was so user friendly. So Apple did invent something.

Quote:

Just because I happen to own dozens upon dozens of Apple products doesn't mean that they do no wrong.... It's a Tech Company, Not A Cult.

If there is one person that can be documented as being on more sides of an issue than you, it's Mitt Romney (whatever you think about the man, it's true). And that's a close call.

Quote:

Not True... and just because you appear to be highly 'selective' as to which posts you deem Apple-worthy is of no concern to me.

I support Apple, as well as any other company I choose, by buying/using their products... because that's all that really matters ;-)

It's self-evident you post comments to be attention grabbing, not to add to the conversation... or maybe you just have poor communication skills at trying to get the logical message in your head across. You seem intelligent so it can't be the latter. So you're an attention whore. That's ok. I understand there are personality types that thrive on it. It's when you deny it by arguing that you are adding anything reasonable to the conversation, that's when people get upset at you. And you seem to like when people get upset with you as well.

Quote:

Minding My Own Business... Something you appear to be woefully incapable of doing.

Your comments, by their own evidence, scream attention whore and then you tell someone to mind their own business, as if you didn't want them to respond to your comment? Oh, that's rich. Apparently you've never tasted your own medicine.

If I was of African descent, I wouldn't go to a white supremacy website and post comments against that subculture unless I truly wanted to get nasty contrary responses. If I was homosexual, I wouldn't go to a godhatesfags website to post comments against their sub-religion unless I wanted more nasty contrary responses. If I was an Angels baseball fan, I wouldn't go to a Dodgers game and talk shit on the Dodgers unless I wanted my face ripped off and handed back to me. If I was a die-hard Samsung fan, I wouldn't go to AppleInsider just to comment on an Apple vs Samsung trial in favor of Samsung while badmouthing Apple and all it does (because you said they've never invented anything).

If I did any of those things, I'd have to be either extremely ignorant of the world or clueless beyond doubt that I could affect anyone's opinion in any of those venues. Yet here you are and you aren't ignorant or clueless, so what must you be?

I'm not saying you like Samsung more than Apple. I'm not saying you don't support Apple with your abundance of disposable income. I'm saying the examples I pointed out above describe internet trolls. I'm saying you are a troll. Someone that revels in negative attention by making comments that are obviously negative and disturbing to the fan base or even the casual follower of an organization, pretending to want to affect a change of heart of those poor souls that aren't of like mind with you, and pretending to be unbiased in your cause. It's poor form on your part honestly.

And further, you don't just do it on this website and you don't just comment negatively on Apple. You do it on a number of websites involving a number of organizations. You make a negative comment. Someone calls you out. Then you point to all the products you buy from that organization, waving your wealth and knowledge and diverse product library at people proudly, as if that proves your negative comment is valid to the discussion. It's really not. It's a waste of time, space, and bits to everyone but you.
  • Reply 102 of 407
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverpraxis View Post

I find this case very interesting and look forward to the outcome, whatever it may be. However, that's not why I'm posting.

It's self-evident you post comments to be attention grabbing, not to add to the conversation... or maybe you just have poor communication skills at trying to get the logical message in your head across. You seem intelligent so it can't be the latter. So you're an attention whore. That's ok. I understand there are personality types that thrive on it. It's when you deny it by arguing that you are adding anything reasonable to the conversation, that's when people get upset at you. And you seem to like when people get upset with you as well.

Interesting little tirade you posted there.... though completely off-base on every level.

I'm merely an avid gadget-enthusiast without preference for inane things like brands etc., always taking into consideration that none of them are perfect.

If something appeals to me... I Buy It & Enjoy It without one iota of concern for those more brand-partisan, who too often use brand-affiliation as some kind of proof that they're in the 'cool club' or some other such nonsense.

I Define My Possessions... Never Do They Define Me... and that makes all the difference. :-)

• Reply 103 of 407
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Uncanny resemblance - so that's where Apple stole the iPhone design from.

watch the introduction to the iphone, there is an interesting comparison in there.. 

• Reply 104 of 407
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    daharder wrote: »
    Interesting little tirade you posted there.... though completely off-base on every level.

I'm merely an avid gadget-enthusiast without preference for inane things like brands etc., always taking into consideration that none of them are perfect.

If something appeals to me... I Buy It & Enjoy It without one iota of concern for those more brand-partisan, who too often use brand-affiliation as some kind of proof that they're in the 'cool club' or some other such nonsense.

I Define My Possessions... Never Do They Define Me... and that makes all the difference. :-)

One day, if you are lucky, before you die, you may just realise how wrong you are about yourself.

You lack 'bits'.

Here's to hoping you get them in the next life!
  • Reply 105 of 407
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    cycomiko wrote: »
    watch the introduction to the iphone, there is an interesting comparison in there.. 

So at what point do you think Samsung will introduce this as stealing from the Samsung SGH-E910?

• Reply 106 of 407
    povilaspovilas Posts: 473member

Quote:

Just because I happen to own dozens upon dozens of Apple products doesn't mean that they do no wrong.... It's a Tech Company, Not A Cult.

Any trolling moronic idiot can show a picture of some Apple devices and what the **** does it prove? Just stop it already.

• Reply 107 of 407
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member

Quote:

Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

Hmmm...perhaps it's time the quotes should offer the block list option too.

That would be a great option!

• Reply 108 of 407
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I always wondered what happened to that tractor-trailer full of RiM PlayBooks

I always thought that RiM stole those to increase sales numbers.

solipsismx wrote: »

There is another saying, "The invention of one generation is the necessity of the next."

And that is exactly what they did to their, back then, most popular device: the iPod. They killed it with the iPhone, and they're sort of killing the MacBook with the iPad. Steve said that they could have someone else kill their best selling category, or create the Next Great Thing themselves.

Remember how the dissenters said that Apple didn't have a chance because the cellphone market was so entrenched? Remember when the dissenters said Apple didn't have a chance in Asia because their smartphones were so much more advanced? Remember when the dissenters said Apple didn't have a chance in Asia because it didn't have a physical keyboard? For some reason all those lame arguments have fallen away and in their place have sprung remarks about how it was obvious and the only option moving forward.

Yep! TV on your phone, that's what everyone wants, right¿
  • Reply 109 of 407
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    realistic wrote: »
    uguysrnuts wrote: »
    Hmmm...perhaps it's time the quotes should offer the block list option too.

That would be a great option!

Asked by many already, but this is Huddle Tech, remember.
  • Reply 110 of 407
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Yep! TV on your phone, that's what everyone wants, right¿

Nokia N96.

• Reply 111 of 407

Quote:

Oh Really... You. Fail. Yet. Again.

Anyway... The sooner all of this nonsensical litigation ends - The better for the entire industry.

Anyway... The sooner all of your nonsensical trolling ends - The better for the entire AI community.

• Reply 112 of 407

Quote:

Passive-aggressively belittling me is pointless to the conversation, although it's fair you act aggressively and dismissively when I accuse you personally of unseemly character flaws. I pointed to evidence that clearly defines your current behavior as a troll. You say I'm off-base. You're reasoning? Because you're an avid gadget-enthusiast without brand loyalty. You do realize you can be both at the same time, right? A person that buys lots of stuff and a forum troll. Then you ramble on about possessions, etc. without really responding to my comment directly, and noticeably not defending your Apple Invents Nothing statement, all while throwing around what appears to be an air of superiority.

Typical politician's response of not actually responding to accusations made against you, just deflecting as you've done in the past. I don't care what you buy, I don't care what or who defines you, I don't care how much of a cool rebel you are because you don't join in with others' passions of the trials and tribulations of specific companies. All I was commenting on was your troll-like posts. Just your negative and disprovable posts that serve no purpose but to get responses like the one I'm typing to you right now.

I'd ask you some direct questions as to why you post stuff like you do in venues like this, but no one else has been able to get reasonably anywhere with you and it's late where I am, so I'll just let you get back to that gilded bridge under which you hide all your electronics you don't let define you (yet, inexplicably, letting your troll posts define you). Until the morrow.

• Reply 113 of 407

Quote:

You're ex-USAF aren't you?

You weren't, by chance, involved in any way with the oxygen supply systems of the Raptor F-22 were you?

;-)

• Reply 114 of 407
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    hill60 wrote: »

As far as your Mac Mini goes, Samsung and Google have combined to provide a nice replacement so you can send your money to South Korea:-

Why is it an issue with your money going to Sth Korea as opposed to it going to Cork?
  • Reply 115 of 407
    daharder wrote: »

Now you've done it....

DaHarder is breaking out pictures of his equipment... This can't end well!

Mother's features, fathers fixtures.
  • Reply 116 of 407
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Now you've done it....
    DaHarder is breaking out pictures of his equipment... This can't end well!
    Mother's features, fathers fixtures.

Whenever he whips his pictures out I am already reminded of the idea of guys in trench coats flashing people their privates.
  • Reply 117 of 407

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Why is it an issue with your money going to Sth Korea as opposed to it going to Cork?

Who said it was an issue?

• Reply 118 of 407
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

It's not an issue, as long as people keep buying our rocks, she'll be right, mate.

• Reply 119 of 407

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Whenever he whips his pictures out I am already reminded of the idea of guys in trench coats flashing people their privates.

• Reply 120 of 407
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member

Thank you so much!!!!

<<<<<<AVARD>>>>>>

Best Off Topic Posts Ever!!!

LMAO