Samsung guilty of patent infringement, Apple awarded nearly $1.05B [u]

Comments

• Reply 361 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Who wants to take bets that this thread post count breaks all records on AI?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Anyone that disagrees with mstone should post several replies letting him know why you don't think it will.

Doesn't the announcement of Steve's death hold that record?

• Reply 362 of 446
    xrcxxrcx Posts: 117member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

It's getting late here in the U.S., but we'll start picking up the angry UK Apple-hating trolls (of which there are seemingly many on these forums) overnight. And we'll start slapping them down in the morning.

it should be considerably easier with the recent news, chances are all they are going to come up with is the same dull crap that is being spewed all across the net right now. wah wah rectangles, wah wah, innovation, wah wah consumer, wah wah monopoly, wah wah anticompetitive, wah wah corrupt court system, wah wah bias judge, wah wah paid off jury, wah wah diaper change...

ya know.. the usual bs from the trolldroids

• Reply 363 of 446
    andrey wrote: »
    How about 2 adults sitting on iPads and 2 kids streaming pandora on iTouches from my hotspot without any lag during this summer vacation on a ocean. Use your imagination.
    What's an 'iTouch'?

Can iTouch your hotspot?

:lol:

Can I touch your Google Spot?
  • Reply 364 of 446
    ntpreece wrote: »
    ...I do respect that the theft of intellectual property is unlawful and wrong...And no, I would never knowingly buy stolen property. Android may be 'stolen' software, but it's not something I've personally stolen is it? 
    We don't dislike you because you like Samsung or Android. We dislike you because of you're ethically challenged and you lack the basic ability to reason.

1) First you admit theft of intellectual propert is unlawful and wrong.
    2) Then you say you didn't personally steal it so that's okay.

Those two statements cannot logically or ethically coexist.

Also you say that you wouldn't knowingly buy stolen property - are you invoking "don't ask don't tell"?
  • Reply 365 of 446

Seems like, "Everything is coming up Milhouse!," for Apple. :-)

• Reply 366 of 446
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    I am just glad this is finally over.
  • Reply 367 of 446
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ4Ev3r View Post

Another "in denial" Samesung LOSER fandroid!  Apple = WINNING!  Samesung =LOSERS!

ZoomInto: Pictures, Images and Photos

Gotcha!

I am no fandroid, FYI. I can promise you that.

• Reply 368 of 446
    winter wrote: »
    I am just glad this is finally over.

Oh, this is just the beginning!
  • Reply 369 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Whatever they decide...

Hopefully these companies can now get back to the business of making/selling quality gadgets sans all of this silly 'fear of litigation' nonsense.

Nothing to fear if you ain't willfully copying.

• Reply 370 of 446
    mcrsmcrs Posts: 172member

Do you care to give examples of your statement [one in bold face]? Koreans in particular see Americans as their saviors during the Korean War. And, South Korea is among the staunchest US ally in Asia and Pacific. The only thing I know how Koreans hate the Japanese to the bone, the sentiment imparted and kept for generations as a result of Japanese occupation of the Korean Peninsula in the early 1900. 

The US regimes which had catered and pampered many iron fist dictators in the past, the likes of Saddam Hussein, Pinochet, Suharto, Marcos, Shah Iran, and others, had also produced Park Chung Hee. This military general had requested and subsequently had been given a huge economic aids by the US in the 1960's. Unlike those other named dictators who squandered billions of US aids with almost nothing to show for their respective countries, Park Chung Hee used the aid money to build his country industrial machinations and also to rebuild South Korea's education system. It was his belief that education and the heavy industry will be keys for South Korea's future. He was right. Present day Koreans are among the most highly educated populace in the world. Imagine this: It takes 40 years for the Japanese to rebuild itself after being demolished by the great war and become one of the leading countries in the world at the forefront of industry and technology. But, it takes South Korea even less time than the Japanese to raise itself from the ashes of Korean War, from one of the poorest countries in the world in the late 1950's, to become an industrial powerhouse. South Korean currently ranks as the 12th largest economy in the world. For all of these progresses, South Koreans. old and young, feel that they are deeply indebted to the US. 

Their drives to conquer the world of technology and other industries are actually nothing more than their drive to beat the Japanese at the world stage. I still don't quite know how you come up with your opinion about Koreans. The only white people Koreans are still very angry even to this day is the Russians for the one infamy in the 1980's. The Korean Airline jetliner Flight 007 was shot down by a Russian interceptor Sukhoi SU-15 in 1983 for allegedly trespassing the Russian airspace. All 269 passengers aboard the plane perished. Wouldn't you get angry, furious and saddened had that happened to your own compatriots?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

My guess on what is going on here from the considerable Korean diaspora that I see around me is that there is a deep-seeted Korean racism towards whites, Americans in particular

• Reply 371 of 446
    daharder wrote: »
    Whatever they decide...

Hopefully these companies can now get back to the business of making/selling quality gadgets sans all of this silly 'fear of litigation' nonsense.

Nothing to fear if you ain't willfully copying.

That is so insanely, obviously simple.
  • Reply 372 of 446

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

That is so insanely, obviously simple.

Yeah, you'd think that, but... some people are pretty dense.

Microsoft isn't "living in fear" of Apple. Nor is Nokia, HP, Amazon, RIM. They know Apple gave Samsung plenty of warning, chances to license and settle out of court. DaHater has as much a distorted worldview as Samsung. In his world, innovation means "everyone copies everyone."

• Reply 373 of 446
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    You just can't resist feeding FNTs can you?

When they are still crisp the FNTies are best for breakfast.

LOL
  • Reply 374 of 446

Can iTouch your hotspot?

:lol:

Can I touch your Google Spot?

Had some strong drinks today?

Well I can understand.

I had my share too! LOL

Good luck finding your spots.
  • Reply 375 of 446
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    To those of you wondering if this thread is likely to become the longest on AI: it isn't. Not by a long shot. The accolade of longest thread currently goes to the "Blu-ray vs. HD DVD (2007)" [URL=http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/69710/blu-ray-vs-hd-dvd-2007]thread[/URL], which is 4651 posts long.
  • Reply 376 of 446
    With many respect. Why you Americans are happy of this? Samsung is not affecting you as consumers because you are 100% free of chose the product you want, so if you don't like Samsung, just ignore it. Personally I like Samsung because it is the best manofacturer with the best hardware for Android, and I love Android because it provides me a freedom that IOS doesn't give me. In the other hand, maybe some of you can say that you are happy because Apple is 100% american and that is good for your economy, but Google and Motorola are also American and you hate their products too.
    Personally and with a huge respect to the Apple community I can say that I dont like IOS because their antisharing policies and their lack of customization and for that reason I think Android is superior.
    I also think that getting happy because of this is a like be happy of to have less choises to select.
    If you reply to my message, please remember that i was friendly, so I as a fan of Android expect the same from you.
    Regards...
  • Reply 377 of 446
    omegaomega Posts: 427member

I have three Samsung TV's and a fridge, but they needed to have their ass handed to them.  At least try to be different.  

• Reply 378 of 446
    mr. h wrote: »
    To those of you wondering if this thread is likely to become the longest on AI: it isn't. Not by a long shot. The accolade of longest thread currently goes to the "Blu-ray vs. HD DVD (2007)" thread, which is 4651 posts long.

Thanks for the update! 4651 posts!! Holy Cow!!

Just had a sneak peek at the engadget site. Their whining about this verdict is now over 3000 posts long. Absolutely entertaining!
  • Reply 379 of 446
    bigdaddyp wrote: »
    Whoa. That seems awfully fast for such a complicated case. I mean complicated in the amount of information and instructions presented to the Jurors not the charge itself.
    Methinks this might not be good, hope I am wrong.

Glad I was wrong.
    The popcorn needs more butter.
    ;-P
  • Reply 380 of 446
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavaCowboy View Post

As much as it's a good thing that Samsung was called out for being the blatant Apple copying machine that they are, it's still tragic that software patents for trivial "inventions" (like one-click shopping) are rampant in the U.S.

Software patent law needs to be reformed, or software patents need to be abolished altogether.

Also, how much you want to bet this gets quickly appealed?

Yeah, like something like that would never happen in Europe:-

http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/originalDocument?FT=D&date=20080924&DB=worldwide.espacenet.com&locale=en_EP&CC=EP&NR=1215867B1&KC=B1&ND=4

Samsung is suing Apple over this in Germany.

:)