Samsung expected to launch 'Galaxy S3 Mini' at Oct. 11 event

Comments

• Reply 21 of 127
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Are you denying that Samsung hasn't copied Apple?  I'm not talking about the name, so much as it's "monkey see, monkey do.'  

$1 Billion verdict.  I don't have to say anything else.

That's too harsh.

As long as the screen size is concern, Samsung had it first (the S was 4 inch).  And what Samsung copied Apple again?  If you are looking for true copies of original, find Swiss...& Braun..  (could be more).  They are the true copies of Apple, but wait... 

Yeah right the $1 Billion verdict.  I don't know what you have to say when the tide turns.

• Reply 22 of 127
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

I think it would be a smart move for Samsung to come out with a 3.5" screen Galaxy 3S. They would be taking advantage of Apple's biggest weakness in regards to phones, i.e. their one screen fits all policy.

Like it or not, Samsung is making some great phones while Apple seems to be on cruise control. Right now, Samsung is making phones for people that love tech while Apple is making phones for people that don't/can't understand tech.

-kpluck (soon to be former iPhone user)

biggest weakness?  Apple has the #1 phone in the world. It's hardly a weakness. Apple makes phones for all people including those that don't need to run down a feature checklist as bragging rights. Lots of people don't care about rooting their phones.

Again, I think Apple has it right when they make the #1 phone in the world.

• Reply 23 of 127
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    kpluck wrote: »
    Right now, Samsung is making phones for people that love tech while Apple is making phones for people that don't/can't understand tech.

The most ironic remark I have seen this year but the sarcasm is too hyper inflated.
  • Reply 24 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Again, I didn't say they are ripping Apple off.  I said "monkey see, monkey do."

And again how is something they've been doing ALL ALONG monkey see, monkey do?

• Reply 25 of 127
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    tooltalk wrote: »
    I think everyone copies each other. In fact, I can't stop thinking about Braun T3 Radio when I look at iPods or iPhones; or Braun's LEI speaker when Apple's iMac.  We'll talk when Apple comes up with something *original*.

Apple lost the GUI lawsuit against Microsoft years back; there are still Apple fanboys out there claiming that Microsoft, a legitimate licensee of Xerox's patents, stole Apple's GUI. So what's your point again?

PS. I have no doubt Samsung piggybacked on Apple's successful marketing.

You might want to reread the history on that law suit again.
  • Reply 26 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpluck View Post

Like it or not, Samsung is making some great phones while Apple seems to be on cruise control. Right now, Samsung is making phones for people that love tech while Apple is making phones for people that don't/can't understand tech.

-kpluck (soon to be former iPhone user)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

The most ironic remark I have seen this year but the sarcasm is too hyper inflated.

MacBook Pro,

I think kpluck has a valid point.  I also recommend iPhone for those people who could not handdle gadgets well.  What you have on your iPhone are icons, icons and folders with icons.  You can not go wrong with icons, isn't it?  

• Reply 27 of 127
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

deleted

• Reply 28 of 127
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Um.  The Samsung Galaxy S III did NOT surpass the iPhone 4S in sales in total units sold.  The iPhone 4S has sold around 70,000 units since introduction, and they are still selling, and the Galaxy S III surpassed the 20 Million unit level, but the previous S II only sold about 28 Million total and the first generation S sold about 20 MIllion.

Samsung only surpassed the 4S after it's been on the market for about a year and Apple was getting the iPhone 5 released.  It's funny how Samsung sells against Apple. A brand new flagship model against last years Apple flagship and STILL can't match the total demand.  

• Reply 29 of 127
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Yours certainly didn't.

LOL

This post gets a gold star.
  • Reply 30 of 127
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member

Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

And again how is something they've been doing ALL ALONG monkey see, monkey do?

Not on their "S" line, which is their most popular smartphone and the only one that directly competes with the iPhone.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Reply 31 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Really?  where is iPhone 5 Mini?

It's called the iPhone 4s.

• Reply 32 of 127
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    jungmark wrote: »
    Sammy, the next "small" thing is already here: the iphone.
    I guess Sammy's hedging its bets. They'll release 3", 3.5" and 4" models for the GS3.

Why not? If you're going to have fragmentation, why not make it world-class fragmentation?

We already have several different Galaxy SIII phones. Some have 1 GB of RAM, others have 2 GB. Some have dual core processors, others have quad core. Why not add a few different sizes, as well?
  • Reply 33 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Why not? If you're going to have fragmentation, why not make it world-class fragmentation?

We already have several different Galaxy SIII phones. Some have 1 GB of RAM, others have 2 GB. Some have dual core processors, others have quad core. Why not add a few different sizes, as well?

Are you still seeing black bars in your iPhone 5?  I am sure you are.  A developer estimated it would take more than 30 days for an application to update and get Apple approval.  (Some high graphic application would need more coding work, hence take more that that, according to him).  That is the world-class fragmentation, a great innovation feature that comes with iPhone5, imo.

• Reply 34 of 127
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    hjb wrote: »
    Are you still seeing black bars in your iPhone 5? ...  That is the world-class fragmentation, a great innovation feature that comes with iPhone5, imo.

Does the same app offer something less of an experience on the 5 than it did on the 4S, 4, 3GS? Visual area? Audio? Function? Speed? So runs the same is now world class fragmentation? IMO that's world class BS.
  • Reply 35 of 127
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    jungmark wrote: »

biggest weakness?  Apple has the #1 phone in the world. It's hardly a weakness. Apple makes phones for all people including those that don't need to run down a feature checklist as bragging rights. Lots of people don't care about rooting their phones.

Again, I think Apple has it right when they make the #1 phone in the world.

And how many jailbreak their iPhones?
  • Reply 36 of 127
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Are you still seeing black bars in your iPhone 5?  I am sure you are.  A developer estimated it would take more than 30 days for an application to update and get Apple approval.  (Some high graphic application would need more coding work, hence take more that that, according to him).  That is the world-class fragmentation, a great innovation feature that comes with iPhone5, imo.

Is it just me, or are the trolls getting shittier everyday? "world-class fragmentation"? Is that a new buzzword or something? So now all phone models being sold by Apple have a grand total of TWO resolutions, that only differ VERTICALLY at that. My, the fragmentation is making my head explode. 

• Reply 37 of 127
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are the trolls getting shittier everyday? "world-class fragmentation"? Is that a new buzzword or something? So now all phone models being sold by Apple have a grand total of TWO resolutions, that only differ VERTICALLY at that. My, the fragmentation is making my head explode. 

It's not just you. I figure as the Apple user base grows, it's bound to pick up more of the not-necessarily-clueful crowd. I just hope the ratio doesn't tip in that favor.
  • Reply 38 of 127
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

I just hope the ratio doesn't tip in that favor.

I think it may be overly optimistic of you to think it hasn't already happened.

• Reply 39 of 127
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    allenbf wrote: »
    "how big small can be."
    ...said no man, ever.

Clearly you never met my ex boyfriends

Samsung following Apple. How original. Anyone else feeling 'deja vu?'

Yep. According to Philip the iPad mini announcement is the day before
  • Reply 40 of 127

Rather odd move on Samsung's part, other than wanting to cheapen the name recognition of their GS3...this rumored 4 inch model features a relatively low resolution screen (not high density) and a lower end camera (5MP)....it's definitely not a 4 inch screen GS3 (i.e. this isn't comparable to the iPhone 5 or the 4S, although the camera (5MP) appears to be comparable to the iPhone 4)....more like the cheap GS3 wannabee.

Anyways...doesn't seem very relevant over here in the Apple Insider forums....