Samsung expected to launch 'Galaxy S3 Mini' at Oct. 11 event

Comments

• Reply 81 of 127
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post

Which is why there are so few apps in the iOS App Store and most apps are on the Android Market first then eventually migrate to iOS.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Originally Posted by Jivanile View Post

Is there a Google Android guide book on how to post in all apple forums?  There has got to be.  I think Google has a team of 800 people in some secret location scouring the internet with some new anti-apple search algorithm finding anything that can be said about Apple and than is written in text and distributed amongst all these people.  I bet it's very intuitive too as it gives you the topic and a variety of counter points to be used.

Oh. You noticed it, too. image

• Reply 82 of 127
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jivanile View Post

Is there a Google Android guide book on how to post in all apple forums?  There has got to be.  I think Google has a team of 800 people in some secret location scouring the internet with some new anti-apple search algorithm finding anything that can be said about Apple and than is written in text and distributed amongst all these people.  I bet it's very intuitive too as it gives you the topic and a variety of counter points to be used.

So let me get this straight.  Apple's John Ive's is influenced by a designer in the 60's, and it's no secret that his designs are heavily influenced as that happens from one generation to the next, and all I hear from you people is Apple copies.  It somehow reminds you of it so much that when you see an iPod you think of it even though you probably never owned one or, I'm sure, never seen one in life.  That's what the guide book says right?

We are talking about influence from a past generation where there is no competition to be had with, and is an ode to timeless designs.  Samsung copies the iPhone to obviously gain success off the market leader in the same generation while in direct competition and when they are taken to court and lose, it's still Apple that is at fault. 

It's just so tiring to read this stuff everyday.  In the end I'd like to say who cares, it doesn't affect my life in any way, but I can't but I care for our society and it is just so full of stupidity that I am afraid for our future generations.  Why don't you all just form your own opinions for once instead of checking to see what you read elsewhere and say the same thing. 

To me I've owned an iPhone and I now own an android phone and I count the days that I have until I go back to ios because I loathe the android operating system.  Not because someone told me to say that but because I've experienced it and just don't prefer it. But it has widgets, and the hardware has nfc and removable batteries, and expendable memories, and ios copies android and is playing catch up and is an overpriced piece of junk and apple just hates the customers and just wants to gouge us for every penny we earn and that is why they charge us for a propriety charging cable and 100 dollars for extra memory and while in line they slip a vacuum into our back pockets without us knowing and suck out any change we have.

Is it possible that what android has apple doesn't care to include in ios?  Is it possible they don't feel NFC is feasible at this period in time.  Apple has never tried to cram in everything in their phones just because everyone else is doing it.  Do you really think widgets are that hard to program that apple software engineers just don't have knowledge on how to implement them and that is why ios is "lacking".  The widgets are a waste.  The only one that isn't is the toggle switches which I'd like in ios but isn't a deal breaker.  Removable batteries are a expense.  Apple doesn't require you to buy one.  Samsung gives you the option to, does that mean they are gouging you?  All I know is iPhone usually has great battery life for the size of battery used.  If your idea of good battery life is having to buy an extra than that's your option but why not look at it through fandroid eyes pretending it's apple doing that.  hmmm makes you think doesn't it.  As far as I know every iPhone comes with the new charging wire so it's not a must you buy an extra one so where is the gouging?

Who seems like the sheep now?  Companies with the me too attitude, and it's customers who practice the same thing that they despise others for or a company who doesn't follow the trends and it's satisfied customers who have loyalty?

If you prefer android good for you but stop trying to convert everyone and coming back with stupid arguments. 

Thanks I needed that

Sorry, I made you cry.

As long as people are not making stupid arguments, I would just enjoy reading.  But I can not help some of blinded comments here.

• Reply 83 of 127
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Oddly enough, you'd have to ask Apple:

“They suggest that they have a lesser solution, but that is simply not true."

- Apple, speaking of Samsung's claim that their Android multitouch wasn't as good as Apple's.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/07/awkward-apple-samsung-argue-others-multitouch-systems-fantastic-court/

It's a legal argument. Samsung was put in the odd position of arguing that it's designs couldn't have been copies since they weren't as good as Apple's. A UK judge went so far as handing Samsung a victory because their phones weren't as "cool" as the iPhone.

• Reply 84 of 127
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'd call you a tool but 1) that would be a personal attack, and 2) by definition a tool has at least one useful purpose to its existence.

Spot on! Great comment!

• Reply 85 of 127
    dbhdbh Posts: 41member

Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

We already have several different  iphones. Some have 512MB of RAM, others have 1 GB. Some have single core processors, others have dual core. Why not add a few different sizes, as well? 

...oh yea they did that too. Your point is right, but your example fails pretty badly. 

and you expect Apple to retain the 512MB and single core processors for iPhone 5?? they were only talking about SGIII's versions and you are comparing it with iPhone's generations...

• Reply 86 of 127

For years Samsung phone screens have gotten bigger and bigger and now they are actually decreasing the screen size. Unbelievable! If it is called "mini" anything I will LMAO. I routinely have in depth discussions (trash talk) with my brother-in-law and his militant friend (both are super fandroids) about how Apple and iOS beat android. I can't wait to throw this in their faces. 

• Reply 87 of 127

Samsung just cannot stop "designing and innovating" to save their own arses.

http://www.cultofandroid.com/16884/att-to-play-the-guinea-pig-with-4g-samsung-galaxy-camera/

This is exactly what Apple was talking about that people want a refrigerator and a toaster but not in one device.  But if this sells, I guess it will be to the owners that have their toasters mounted into their refrigerators.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

• Reply 88 of 127

Call me what ever but I think its funny how people hate on apple for how they handle the iphone but i must say apple is one of the greatest company's think about it like this everyone loved the big screens and hated the iphone 5 for the screen size but yet IT MADE SAMSUNG release THEIR older SCREEN design to compete with the iphone. I love my iPhone 5 I do...i tried android based phones and I never liked the fact the OS is plenty open for the world (not always good) I never liked the fact that they make different android phones every other week or month...and support is a nightmare between tech support from the cell phone company's to the cell phone maker. its like microsoft being on a DIFFERENT RELEASE PC ...i love how i got a phone that gets GREAT SUPPORT from one company with HARDWARE and SOFTWARE that supports each other with UPDATES...but I guess samsung really needs to catch up to apple and not the other way around because people are right samsung did have a 4 inch screen first but because the iphone 5 has one they are going backwards????? I guess apple's ideal to be behind in times so android users says makes BIG COMPANYS like samsung also agree.... s3 mini with a 5MP cam now that's a big joke and a LOW blow for all the galaxy lovers....way to go APPLE :-)

• Reply 89 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Really?  where is iPhone 5 Mini?

iPee 5 is the mini lol

• Reply 90 of 127
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    How can one be a copy when they've already done the 4" size? Disallusion is the only answer.

you want to talk aboutcopying just ask iphone5's increase to 4" just like its competitors. but no, apple fans won't call it copying but rather going with the trend. there was even an image comparison where the fans deemed 3.5" the perfect screensize and that apple didn't need to launch a larger size. well that shut them up quick. also, many will need to sharpen their fingers for the ipad mini no less. apple doesn't do market research? yeah okay buddy
  • Reply 91 of 127
    So does this mean that the big brother is not selling well? Maybe they are falling off their hands since they are too big
  • Reply 92 of 127
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'm sorry I thought I'd logged into the Apple gadget rumor website, my bad this must be an Android site ...

So its better to play in a small pond and never look out over the horizon of whats cooking?

That's a guarantee way of killing off your own company. Knowing what competitors are doing is half the battle.

Seems like AI is must more aware of that than yourself, for instance...

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/30/amazon_says_kindle_fire_takes_22_of_us_tablet_market_wont_disclose_sales

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/24/amazon_expected_to_unveil_new_kindles_at_sept_6_media_event

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/31/review_googles_nexus_7_tablet_with_android_41

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/31/amazon_wont_unveil_larger_kindle_fire_next_week_report_says

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/26/barnes-noble-introduces-9-nook-hd-touchscreen-tablet

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/27/google-reportedly-planning-to-launch-99-nexus-7-by-end-of-2012

• Reply 93 of 127

Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

That's a guarantee way of killing off your own company. Knowing what competitors are doing is half the battle.

But we're not Apple. WE don't care. We're customers. And thinking that Apple doesn't know what the industry is doing (being the one to have created the modern industry in the first place) is laughable.

• Reply 94 of 127
    Didn't they just release commercials saying their phone is bigger than iPhone, hence it is better... now they will make one smaller? Confusing customers is not good.
  • Reply 95 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

Didn't they just release commercials saying their phone is bigger than iPhone, hence it is better... now they will make one smaller? Confusing customers is not good.

great point, infact its crazy how the android lovers bragged about how big the screen was and how small the iphone screen is but yet samsung comes back with the smaller screen and lower mp cam in THEIR high end product line talk about bigger is better? when I guess its really not. I give apple a lot of credit for the simple fact is they did not invent this stuff THEY JUST MADE IT BETTER AND EASIER and that was the WHOLE point since day one with the iphone. it was never ment to be a tech toy and hacker device although with jailbreak it makes that possible all for FREE so either way with the iphone you still get the best of both worlds. i'm sure apple will add all this "new stuff" when the market for it matures and people START TO USE IT in real world instead of "well my phone has it and yours don't" but yet not a lot of businesses USE it... just like LTE  is still a nightmare but its mature and showing with the right network it can be super fast so not apple did not copy they just made it better for users who want to buy a product out the box that just works even if it comes with bugs it still won't compare to the windows and android bugs.

• Reply 96 of 127

So Samsung is possibly going to offer a 4" variant of their super hot selling Galaxy S3 4.8" phone.  What can you say, great for them, if it allows them to sell more and make a market for themselves so be it.  Not everyone wants iOS, not everyone wants Android, okay a few want Windows Phone and BlackBerry but pretty much everyone wants either iOS or Android.

Still people will buy what they want from who they want on the carrier they want.  What does it matter if Samsung offers an alternative that is the same design as their current GS3 but smaller, it may appeal to those who don't want a 4.8" screen and don't want iOS and yes they do exist.  I like many, many of us here chose iOS and the key reason for me is I plan to get 2 years or so out of my iOS device (ok, I will likely upgrade again next year) but if I choose to not get the next iPhone I WILL get iOS 7 next year when Android users are still waiting 6 months for their OS updates.  For a tech hound like me waiting is worse than anything else.

• Reply 97 of 127
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Hey all you Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note owners out there!

One word: "Suckers!"
  • Reply 98 of 127
    koopkoop Posts: 337member

You realize that Galaxy SIII sales are through the roof right? The SIII Mini is intended to do one thing, and that's poach iPhone customers, plain and simple. There is a market for people who want phones to be the size of phones. Samsung is simply following the money here. If offering a smaller version of your star series of phones is considered "following the leader" (Samsung of course having the larger marketshare) then what is the iPad Mini? This is just mind boggling stupid logic that some of you have.

• Reply 99 of 127
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by koop View Post

You realize that Galaxy SIII sales are through the roof right? The SIII Mini is intended to do one thing, and that's poach iPhone customers, plain and simple. 

Funny, since the big one is supposed to be the only thing that people would want in the first place.

There is a market for people who want phones to be the size of phones.

That's why the iPhone exists.

Samsung is simply following the money here.

Which publicly says that they weren't before, so there go sales of the old models.

…then what is the iPad Mini?

The worst possible idea for Apple right now. But we're not talking about Apple. We're talking about Samsung.

• Reply 100 of 127
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Funny, since the big one is supposed to be the only thing that people would want in the first place.

Sounds like the iPad.