Samsung expected to launch 'Galaxy S3 Mini' at Oct. 11 event

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 127

Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post

"WE will make one phone for ALL of you because WE know what is best for you"

True or False?

Your premise is faulty. That question can't be answered.

• Reply 122 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Your premise is faulty. That question can't be answered.

LOL. sure, sure. I understand that sometimes it is hard for people to draw a straight line between two points - probably because of all this haze in between.

• Reply 123 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

You don't deserve even that much nor would you understand more.

Do you really think I would give you more attention on the ground of your (how TS would put it) crocks?

• Reply 124 of 127
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Do you really think I would give you more attention on the ground of your (how TS would put it) crocks?

You've used that incorrectly.

• Reply 125 of 127

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You've used that incorrectly.

You are moving out of topic... or just being without argument ;).

• Reply 126 of 127

You are moving out of topic... or just being without argument ;).

No, I'm ignoring your lack of argument for the reasons previously stated.

If you look it up with OS X's dictionary, it's a noun, and it's the second definition.

• Reply 127 of 127
    koopkoop Posts: 337member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Except that isn't really choice as they all have the same basic feature set (or lack of):

• Lackluster ecosystem without a rich supporting product line or a massive library of apps, books, movie, music, podcasts and TV shows

• Low quality displays

• No Software Updates

• No synchronization of bookmarks, calendars, contacts, data & document, email, notes, to-do lists synchronization between Apple iOS and Apple OS X or Microsoft Windows (obviates need for SD cards)

• Poor Battery Life

• Poor Customer Service

• Poor Product Durability

• Poor Product Reliability

• Poor Security

• Poor User Experience (aesthetic appeal, improved standardization and uniformity; reduced latency; simplicity of design providing clear, concise visual clues about features and functions)

Talk about broad strokes bullet points to explain an entire ecosystem of phones and services. It's hard to dignify this with a response but let me try.

• Second Largest App Store, With Improving selections of Apps, Movies, Music, Games. Tied in with Google services like Google Music (30k songs in the cloud for free), Picasa Photo Sharing, Google Voice, Google Chrome (fantastic mobile web browser with PC synchronization). The ability replace core functions of a system like the web browser or the keyboard, or the app store itself - Free App of the Day is a great value with Amazon. 

• A phone without Apple's retina display doesn't mean it's low quality. Today's 720p android displays are more than competent for viewing photos and information on the go. If someone told you in 2006 when the PS3 launched that phones would hit 720p in display resolution in six years you would have laughed. 

• This is entirely dependent on the phone you buy. Have a Nexus? Good to go. Have a Motorola phone? LOL. Can you unlock the bootloader and install Cyanogenmod? Thumbs up.

• You actually just prove an annoying flaw I have with my iPhone, which is that Safari has been abandoned on my Windows PC. Cloud tabs are useless without PC support for most people (you know 90% of the PC market?). I miss Google Chrome for that reason. And please don't tell me that crappy no-V8 Chrome skin on iOS is a solution. It's not.

• Reviews have stated that the Droid RAZR Maxx gets better battery life than the iPhone 5. These broad strokes arguments break down with such a large phone ecosystem. 

• I concede that point. Customer service with most Android devices are miserable. Though the carrier can take care of most problems by calling them. I used to work for VZW and they had a decent tech support system in place.

• This really isn't true at all. I've owned three android phones, the OG Droid, Droid X, Droid Bionic and none of them required a case. The Bionic had been dropped by me countless times. The gorilla glass was stupidly strong and durable. I got the iPhone 5 but it's more like a delicate flower. It's in a case.

• Depends on the manufacturer, this is just a really tired argument. And it's not true. 

• LOL. Security "issues" on the android are the result of security companies peddling products nobody actually needs by releasing research reports for pcmag to pick up on it. I've owned three phones, installed multiple apps, some of them sideloaded. rooted, installed different roms. No security issues whatsoever. It's a delusional argument.

• Again, why do I feel like you think you're saying something meaningful but it's just not really indicative of the android ecosystem as a whole? ICS and Jelly Bean are more than capable of providing users with a clear and concise OS experience. Was Android messy during the Froyo, Gingerbread days? Yeah. It's much improved. Different strokes for different folks. If it makes you feel better, I agree the iPhone has a lead in this department which is why I own one, but the gap is not nearly as wide as you're portraying it to be.