Exclusive: 'iPad mini' part numbers reveal Apple plans 12 configurations in two colors

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106

Originally Posted by wade0915 View Post

3 wireless types x 4 capacities x 2 screens (LCD or retina) = 24 SKUs.

LCD = retina. They wouldn't offer retina and non-retina.

Sounds more like two wireless types, three capacities, two colors.

• Reply 102 of 106

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sounds more like two wireless types, three capacities, two colors.

2 x 3 x 2 = 12

What are the other 12 then?

• Reply 103 of 106

Originally Posted by bluefish86 View Post

What are the other 12 then?

I dunno. What are they? OH! I meant two wireless types as in the two LTE chips we need. Not including Wi-Fi. If he was considering Wi-Fi in his numbers, that'd be three there.

• Reply 104 of 106
    My prediction: The Mini will come in the same configs as the current iPad. A Wifi model & a 3G/4G model. Both models will offer 3 storage options, and two color options. This isn't complicated. That's 12 SKUs - the other 12 are the current (new) iPads. The iPad 2 will be dropped.
  • Reply 105 of 106
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Yeah... That's why I added it!   IMO, it is time to disrupt the tablet market... again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Agreed. Let's see where Apple prices these, just how "disruptive" they want to be.

I guess disruptive wasn't in the game plan for now. Nor were colors, which is a missed opportunity IMO.

• Reply 106 of 106
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    I guess disruptive wasn't in the game plan for now. Nor were colors, which is a missed opportunity IMO.

Yeah, colors are the only think I predicted that was wrong and the only thing I'd add to change this device.