Apple releases redesigned iTunes 11 with iCloud integration for Mac, Windows

Comments

• Reply 21 of 111

titusm View Post

I can not see more than one playlist at once. This makes it very difficult to sort my library in a more ... sophisticated way. This is the first time I would like to change to another platform with more pro options. There no floating windows????

View menu > Show Sidebar

As for floating windows: Whenever a movie character puts on a thousand-yard stare and says, "I'm not going back to prison," that's how I feel about Winamp.

kjacobi View Post

Listen Sparky, I need ya for a gig. Waddy you do come out there in a silly suit and do back flips? juggle shit? What do you do?

No one else was confused by this? ok cool peace out ai

• Reply 22 of 111
    Should I wait until 11.0.1?
  • Reply 23 of 111
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I will not be an early adopter (this is mission-critical like my OS, practically) but the demos and screenshots look awesome. At first glance it SEEMS so simple (a good thing normally) that the power I loved must be gone... and then you drag something and the targets you need appear! Very slick. More powerful, if anything, judging by the keynote demo.

Love the new Mini Player%u2014I hadn%u2019t used it in ages, and now I will again.
  • Reply 24 of 111
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    aeberhar wrote: »
    Is this finally a 64-bit binary?

Yes!

• Reply 25 of 111
    Really like the new layout/options.
  • Reply 26 of 111

So here are some of your questions answered.

1. For those wanting no iCloud, go to View -> Hide ___ in the Cloud

- It can be on/off for each category (music, movies, etc.)

2. It is not "confusing" know what it's in the cloud or not... there's an image of a CLOUD. If you have any content that is partially downloaded (1 song of 12) on your computer, it'll show up as local but when you open the cd it'll show the local content in brighter text than iCloud content (dulled out).

3. The app is not "blurry", don't be ridiculous. Unless you have retina(can't vouch), you're messing w/ yourself.

4. For playlists... again, click View -> Show Sidebar

Seriously people, I've spent 60 seconds w/ this new iTunes and figured out all of your "problems"... jeeze, how about you LOOK for some things.

Edit: this iTunes is showing up at 64bit in Activity Monitor :)

• Reply 27 of 111
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

Absolutely LOVING the new iTunes. After getting used to it, doing things is just so much more intuitive, quicker, and logical. The interface is also infinitely nicer and cleaner, as is manually moving content to iDevices, making new playlists, etc. Fantastic update and much needed improvements. I now enjoy using iTunes, unlike previously when I abhorred it. The interface is now so well thought out. 

• Reply 28 of 111

"Early adopter" concerns for an iTunes release?  Really??

LOL

• Reply 29 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

This felt like a complete downgrade. The list of songs looks worse, as does every other bit of text. The whole app is just blurry.

Maybe you should see a doctor. Blurred vision can be symptomatic of a number of health issues.

• Reply 30 of 111

Looks great to me! And so far I don't miss the sidebar.

• Reply 31 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorsos View Post

View menu > Show Sidebar

As for floating windows: Whenever a movie character puts on a thousand-yard stare and says, "I'm not going back to prison," that's how I feel about Winamp.

No one else was confused by this? ok cool peace out ai

Sorry you misunderstood me. Can you tell me how I can see two or more open playlists at once? Please. Lets say you want sort a 20 new songs into one of your 100 playlists. You need to see a few lists with their songs in full order. There are in fact reasons why floating windows or split windows can be helpful.

• Reply 32 of 111

Visit the "View" menu.

*Show* what you want to see, and you can make it look pretty much the same as before. Sidebar can be shown as well. 

No big deal, really. 

• Reply 33 of 111
    "Steve Jobs would never..." post in this thread in 5, 4, 3, 2...
  • Reply 34 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

This felt like a complete downgrade. The list of songs looks worse, as does every other bit of text. The whole app is just blurry.

Looks like they changed the font over to Helvetica, instead of the old Lucida Grande I believe. OS X's rendering of Helvetica uses more anti-aliasing than the screen-optimized Lucida Grande, so perhaps that's why you feel it looks "blurry."

Personally, it doesn't look blurry to me, the Helvetica rendering looks quite crisp, although it's admittedly not quite as instantly legible as the old Lucida Grande, so I sort of get what you mean there. It does have a bit of a softer, laid back feel, looks less like a computer interface and more like a magazine rendering.

• Reply 35 of 111
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Still no support for AVI or MLV containers regardless of the codec.
    The iTunes video player still doesn't do the FF the way QTX does.
    When you important a video it still doesn't understand what type it is based on the length and title.
  • Reply 36 of 111

Looks great on my 2008 24" iMac. In fact it looks better than great, it's AWESOME!

• Reply 37 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Are you using a retina MacBook? All looks fine on my 27" iMac

iTunes 11 looks great on my retina Macbook Pro. CGJ needs to clean his glasses

• Reply 38 of 111

I'm digging it, looks awesome. 

• Reply 39 of 111

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Still no support for AVI or MLV containers regardless of the codec.

Of course not.

The iTunes video player still doesn't do the FF the way QTX does.

DEAR SWEET MOTHER OF FRICK I HATE THIS SO MUCH. This is quite possibly the least "Apple" setup that Apple offers.

When you important a video it still doesn't understand what type it is based on the length and title.

That's asking a little much, though. You could have a short film anywhere from 30 to 50 minutes, and that's certainly not a TV show. And you can have a TV show (special) two hours long. 

My THREE* complaints (so far) about the new things:

1) I can't find how to make album artwork bigger. I enjoyed large album artwork before.

2) I think it's really neat that they use an algorithm to find the two most used colors on artwork and assign the background and track numbers/play time to the first and second most prevalent, respectively. My only complaint is that they should also add in a color difference check that sees how far apart these colors are in brightness, fudging the darkness a little if they're not far enough apart.

Oh, and you occasionally get something eye-gouging, but I don't think they should change that:

3) Anyone see how to stop TV shows from merging? I like having separate clickables per season, particularly since I have different artwork for each.

*I suppose I'll keep incrementing this number… image

• Reply 40 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydr View Post

Does anyone else have retina Macbook pro and no retina icon in the Dock? What´s up with this?

I have a rMBP and the icon is definitely retina.