Samsung said to plan build quality improvement to counter iPhone, HTC One

Comments

• Reply 61 of 87
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Because that has nothing to do with build quality (or any other sort of quality).

Try making sense. What has nothing to do with build quality? Samsung has a commanding lead over Moto, HTC, LG, etc.., besides using Android the next big complaint is their build quality, so building phones using better materials would nullify that argument.
  • Reply 62 of 87

You're one of, if not the, most patient users here.

I'm not counting the ones here with a non-Apple agenda. They're paid to be patient, and no amount of willpower would be able to beat that out.
    Notice I didn't name anyone. Watch them respond to the above in the negative.

The only time you're patient is when you're in a doctors office lol
  • Reply 63 of 87
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Do you remember the old days of the iPhone 3G, when Apple was slow to realise that a stylus was very important in Asia?

The bulk of Android phones being sold in Asia are small screen, cheap and basic, just like everywhere else.

Android IS small, cheap, basic with a smattering of higher end handsets, don't forget that.

I think the market might be changing. There are larger devices with lower price points on the horizon. The Galaxy Mega is one of them. If you A) can't afford or don't want a tablet and smartphone then one of these devices might be a perfect fit, or B) write in a logographic language then I can how these larger displays could be a great fit.
  • Reply 64 of 87
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    The only time you're patient is when you're in a doctors office lol

Ironically it's where you have to be as doctors are notorious for keeping you waiting.
  • Reply 65 of 87
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Well, I like to think I'm patient but I know I'm also very direct and candid which can easily mask any patience one might otherwise have.

Just gotta get to know you. Personally I like the candidness.

Wanted to add you're also one of the more fair-minded here too. There's no mistaking you're an enthusiastic fan of Apple and it's products, but you're not blinded by them either.

• Reply 66 of 87
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Ironically it's where you have to be as doctors are notorious for keeping you waiting.

Somehow don't think TS can be a patient patient, that's just one patient too many.
  • Reply 67 of 87
    Gosh, guys, I'm feeling all warm and squishy inside. I don't know how to parse these comments; I think prefer when people are telling me I'm wrong. :D
  • Reply 68 of 87
    Somehow don't think TS can be a patient patient, that's just one patient too many.

I certainly can't. Even with an iPhone or iPad in hand I absolutely can't stand being in a waiting room or sitting half naked in an overly cold and sterile room with nothing between my bum and metal bed is a large sheet of circa 1980 Russian toilet paper.
  • Reply 69 of 87
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

I think prefer when people are telling me I'm wrong. image

No, you don't. image

• Reply 70 of 87
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

Quote:

Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Umm! "drivel" is a bit harsh.

Agreed, the antenna design was "ambitious" but it was stretching the envelope and their cloud services have not been very well realized, yet.

But, my point is Apple is at the forefront of incorporating the latest tech and sw. Whereas, it's competitors are merely "copying" Apple's innovations (and poorly)....whether it be the iPhone, iPad, all-in-one iMac, MBA, iOS, Retina displays, etc., etc.

But where Apple really excels is the "ecosystem." Everyone else, and I do mean everyone, can't hold a candle to that. It's not all about money, profit and market share.

Sometimes it's about providing great customer value! 

I feel ripped off by companies like Dell, HP, Samsung, RIM, Sony, MS, Google. They provide subpar products/services and because they are free, cheap or ad-based, I'm supposed to, somehow appreciate that.

Nope! :)

I like your style, Chris. However, trolls and haters live for their agenda and they feed off responses. To block or not to block, that is not the question. Just block, be fruitful and multiply your gains in the only ecosystem that works. image

• Reply 71 of 87
    kdarlingkdarling Posts: 1,640member

Quote:

Gosh, guys, I'm feeling all warm and squishy inside. I don't know how to parse these comments; I think prefer when people are telling me I'm wrong. image

Heh heh.  Don't worry. I'm sure your wish will be granted, and probably sooner than you hope .. image image

Seriously, I recall some very hot personality conflicts back when I was on CompuServe in the mid 80s.  This is quite often the case when debating over the sterile internet, and with strong personalities, be they old farts or young whippersnappers.

Then one day at a computer show up in Boston, a whole bunch of us ended up meeting each other.  Everyone went out together for dinner and drinks, and by the end of the night, all former enemies had forged long friendships.  Heck, most of us ended up hiring or getting jobs from each other over the years.

Sometimes people forget that the others on the forum are people too, and that's always more important than temporal pieces of plastic, metal and glass.

• Reply 72 of 87

Quote:

Originally Posted by igriv View Post

I don't understand the first paragraph at all, or the second. Off the lithium again? As for the last question, I like Apple's products, I am typing this on a MBPr to which a iPad 4 is attached, and an iPhone 5 is in my pocket.  That does not make me like Apple as a company, nor does it make me think that everything without a half-eaten fruit on it is junk.  Imagine that! 

So you buy several products from a company you do not like? Huh! 

• Reply 73 of 87
    @ mhikl,

Check out Louis C.K.'s HBO Special [I]Oh My God[/I] that aired just this past Saturday. He talks about some of his road rage experiences he's had and how he thinks and says things he wouldn't otherwise say in any other situation. The whole special is quite excellent.
  • Reply 74 of 87
    igrivigriv Posts: 1,177member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Getz View Post

So you buy several products from a company you do not like? Huh! 

Not only that, I own their stock. Why do you love the people who work at your local gas station? Or the management of Exxon? Do you think that Exxon (substitute your local gas brand for Exxon) makes the best gas ever, and that Lukoil are spawn of satan? If the answers to those questions are "no" or "maybe", then you know exactly how I feel.

• Reply 75 of 87
    igriv wrote: »
    Why do you love the people who work at your local gas station?

Look, just because I gave the attendant at the gas station a handy for a free hotdog and bag of meth doesn't mean I love him¡
  • Reply 76 of 87
    solipsismx wrote: »
    @ mhikl,

Check out Louis C.K.'s HBO Special Oh My God that aired just this past Saturday. He talks about some of his road rage experiences he's had and how he thinks and says things he wouldn't otherwise say in any other situation. The whole special is quite excellent.

He's half Mexican, some on here might not like him, but he is one funny SOB.
  • Reply 77 of 87
    He's half Mexican, some on here might not like him, but he is one funny SOB.

I was just informed about that yesterday. I would have never guessed with his red hair and complexion.
  • Reply 78 of 87
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member

Quote:

@ mhikl,

Check out Louis C.K.'s HBO Special Oh My God that aired just this past Saturday. He talks about some of his road rage experiences he's had and how he thinks and says things he wouldn't otherwise say in any other situation. The whole special is quite excellent.

Thank’s to PBay I was able to see it. That’s fast, eh? Some good insights but humour is personal and I tire of cheap humour: foul language, put downs and negativism but it may just be a cultural thing; & maybe it was his audience who laughed loudest at every insult and foul word. I wonder if they got the bigger picture. I think he is clever and a very good speaker or at least could be; Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Reply 79 of 87
    mhikl wrote: »
    ...I tire of cheap humour: foul language, put downs and negativism...

Are you talking about stand-up comedy or internet forums? :smokey:
  • Reply 80 of 87
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjb View Post

I have seen quite number of reviews on iPhone 5 and HTC One.  Yes, they have awesome looks.  But, would they be out there without cases?  I have never seen an iPhone 5 without a case (all with hard plastic, part metal, TPU or sillicon case.....all ugly).  How would HTC One be with cases?

I prefer plastic body, but I think Sammy would have to go with some form of metal for the next Galaxy.

Have you seen a Galaxy S 3 with a broken screen?

Apparently it costs $450 to fix in New Zealand.