Microsoft rehashes old arguments in latest anti-iPad Surface ad

Comments

• Reply 81 of 129
    cletuscletus Posts: 54member
    Microsoft is grate. There tablet is way more gooder than any ol peice of crap from Apples. I seen one and it peeked my in trust. I can't by one coz I'm a IT guy and they're ain't no work so I'm broke but if more of yous wood buy some I could fix em and make some money so I could have one to. Than you could all fine out how nice they are and stop it out already with the apples this and apples that. Also when they say Bill Gaits named the company after his weener that's a dum roomer.
  • Reply 82 of 129
    Wake up Microsoft !!!
  • Reply 83 of 129
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    Microsoft rehashes old arguments......makes a real hash of it.

That kickstand is going to be knocked away if they aren't careful and the surface will fall.....already happening!

Surface = shallow on this one.
  • Reply 84 of 129
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    graxspoo wrote: »
    Another variation that I'm interested in is an Android ultra-book.

You're not alone man. You and the rest of you.
  • Reply 85 of 129
    jeejucmjeejucm Posts: 13member
    Microsoft doesn't have any brains in bringing new innovations that catches the WOW! in the mind of intelligent consumers. In the end they simply tries to criticise others and try their best in promoting there inferior third rated products as superior ones. Intelligent consumers are aware of what is superior and inferior and will no longer buys what Microsoft say and today it is not 1995. Whatever gadget Microsoft brings is through cloning; stealing; and it is not going to work in their favour as long as they are re-organising with pc and ponder with keyboard, USB, pc based interface and fancy a lot in innovating bulky, heavy portable devices that puke.

See from today it perspective that too from consumer point of dimension

Why do we need too many USB interface based on old protocols that is populated in surface tablet? Today there is cloud, wireless Internet and apps like Evernote,
    Google Drive, Dropbox. So only or two port is necessary that is based on USB 3

Why do we need keyboard which is a pain with portable devices ? Today there are several app providing faster, smarter ways to type in that too using only thumb or not even looking at the soft keys for instance fleshy.

Next no one will be using portable devices for drafting massive document blended with chats, graphics and other multi-media interface the moment they need this they immediately switches to a notebook where the same will be viewed via potable devices with the support of editing

So MS consumers are smarter than you and tricking them like before starting from 1995 is no longer going to work
  • Reply 86 of 129
    macartmacart Posts: 78member
    [quote name="AnalogJack" url="/t/158945/microsoft-rehashes-old-arguments-in-latest-anti-ipad-surface-ad/30#post_2376124"]
    Apple could make an excellent response ad...[quote]

My vision for a response ad Apple would never do is...

The voice of the iPad would begin responding to surface with the nice siri voice, then change to Aaron Paul's voice (Jesse - Breaking Bad) and begin roasting the surface! (Drumroll after insults optional) :-)

"Hey don't you think it's ironic your named Surface when your sales are sinking!"

"I'm shocked people didn't run out and buy you based on your clicking kickstand ads!"

"Keep talking trash Surface, your the next Zune Biiiitttttch!"
  • Reply 87 of 129
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    lakings33 wrote: »
    So it shouldn't be hard to see how the advancement in hardware + software changes can go a long way to creating a useful tablet.

We're there already. It's called the iPad.
  • Reply 88 of 129
    The thing that is obvious (and is more apparent if you watch it over) is that Apple's FaceTime is super-smooth and high resolution. If you pay close attention to the Surface RT when it tries to pull in the video conference alongside the other app, it is jittery and clearly less than 24 frames per second.

MS win? Not. Clearly the ability to do "two things at once" here means doing neither of them well.
  • Reply 89 of 129
    graxspoo wrote: »
    It's proof because it's failing. Surface Pro is a horrible product. It's not a good laptop and its not a good tablet. Consumers realize this when they try to use the thing. It's no fun at all. Microsoft somehow thought they were clever attaching a keyboard to a tablet, but they just re-invented an ultra-book. It's kind of sad really.

Do you use tablets at all? Because no one wants to use a stylus. Microsoft keeps pushing styli down our throats. We keep spitting them out. What is the last successful product that required the use of a stylus? I think it was probably the Palm Pilot back in the late 90s/early 2000s.
    Tablets are for casual use. They should be light, easy to hold, have great battery life, and require a minimum of system administration. They should not require a keyboard or a stylus or any other peripherals.

I would actually love to have a pro ipad model with a stylus and wacom digitizer to use with the excellent drawing apps on ios. I know most consumers don't use an ipad like this, but I would. I sketch out ideas or start mockups on my ipad when not by my mbp so some of us use our ipad in a different way. I can't be the only one that would like a little more precision when using ios drawing apps.
  • Reply 90 of 129
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    jungmark wrote: »
    We're there already. It's called the iPad.

I agree. However, I do believe that there's a market for an iPad with an attached hardware keyboard. Call it the iPad Pro.

For many people, the iPad does everything they need it to and they don't need a full blown MBA. However, the limiting factor is the keyboard. if you're writing reports or long emails, the screen keyboard can really slow you down (even though it's great for short emails and texts). And since the keyboard would add to the physical dimensions, they could probably improve the battery life even more (ads showing business executive getting on a plane in LA, turning on his iPad Pro and then getting off the plane in Beijing 17 hours later with a completed project).

An iPad Pro would further increase the number of people who could use it. Of course, it might cut into some of the low end MBA users, but I doubt if the margin on a $1 K iPad Pro would be significantly different than on an $1 K MBA, so that probably wouldn't matter much.
  • Reply 91 of 129
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    jragosta wrote: »
    I agree. However, I do believe that there's a market for an iPad with an attached hardware keyboard. Call it the iPad Pro.

For many people, the iPad does everything they need it to and they don't need a full blown MBA. However, the limiting factor is the keyboard. if you're writing reports or long emails, the screen keyboard can really slow you down (even though it's great for short emails and texts). And since the keyboard would add to the physical dimensions, they could probably improve the battery life even more (ads showing business executive getting on a plane in LA, turning on his iPad Pro and then getting off the plane in Beijing 17 hours later with a completed project).

An iPad Pro would further increase the number of people who could use it. Of course, it might cut into some of the low end MBA users, but I doubt if the margin on a $1 K iPad Pro would be significantly different than on an $1 K MBA, so that probably wouldn't matter much.

You do realize there are Bluetooth keyboards that connect with the iPad already.
  • Reply 92 of 129
    Microsoft still doesn't understand the concept of a tablet, which to them is a rehashed netbook, albeit with a flimsy, extra-cost keyboard. A tablet is an appliance device to conveniently and rapidly do most of what people need a mobile computer to do, without a cumbersome keyboard. A tablet is not a pseudo laptop.
  • Reply 93 of 129
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    jungmark wrote: »
    You do realize there are Bluetooth keyboards that connect with the iPad already.

Of course. But that's not as convenient as a single device. You need to manage a separate set of batteries and then try to hold the thing in some convenient way when you type - which probably means a stand of some type, as well. An iPad Pro with keyboard attached to the iPad (like a Mini-MBA) would be far more convenient.
  • Reply 94 of 129
    vtjayvtjay Posts: 4member
    Seriously? I have a keyboard case and charge it once a month, at most. I use it daily, and for heavy writing, the second battery has never bothered me. As a bonus, I purchased it for 50 bucks, half the price of the surface attachable keyboard, I can use it on my lap, and its like typing on a real keyboard.
  • Reply 95 of 129
    The price comparison shows it was close. If they put it right under 50% gap it would probably sell a bit more. Again I said "a bit more" not much. The value of money consumer spent would still be a waste if in fact consumer still prefer using iPad. I don't mind paying more if in fact I am using it. Lack of keyboard? Then what is the use of touchscreen? And also that kick stand feature is ridiculously unnecessary, using left hand holding it and tilt it to all direction is more flexible and more sophisticate. LMAO MS, nice try.
  • Reply 96 of 129
    sdo2000 wrote: »
    I would actually love to have a pro ipad model with a stylus

My #1 iPad accessory or feature request!

A pressure sensitive stylus for iMac, iPad, & iPad Mini!

Apple needs to take the charge on this as third party iPad stylus efforts really SUCK at the moment! Professionals don't finger paint!

An iMac you can draw on with pen pressure, this would be a Wacom Cintiq killer! Some of Apples most loyal customers are graphic designers & artists, a no brainer feature. The Wacom Cintiq is way overpriced now, I would love to eliminate my need for Wacom products!
  • Reply 97 of 129
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by snova View Post

does the word Longhorn help refresh your memory? 

Longhorn was the development codename for Vista, so Longhorn wasn't vaporware as it shipped in early 2007, does that help refresh your memory?

• Reply 98 of 129
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Quote:

Originally Posted by graxspoo View Post

Another variation that I'm interested in is an Android ultra-book.

• Reply 99 of 129
    relic wrote: »
    <iframe width="640" height="385" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Can be used as a POS!

Yep, Piece Of Shite!
  • Reply 100 of 129
    graxspoograxspoo Posts: 162member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDO2000 View Post

I would actually love to have a pro ipad model with a stylus and wacom digitizer to use with the excellent drawing apps on ios. I know most consumers don't use an ipad like this, but I would. I sketch out ideas or start mockups on my ipad when not by my mbp so some of us use our ipad in a different way. I can't be the only one that would like a little more precision when using ios drawing apps.

They do make drawing styli for the iPad. Have you tried any of them? The iPad's touch response is supposed to be highly accurate, so the main thing is "you need a smaller finger." And I appreciate what you're saying. There's always room for special purpose hardware. My main point is, if you fundamentally need a stylus or a keyboard to operate the thing, it ain't  a tablet.