Apple's new gold option for 'iPhone 5S' described as an 'elegant' shade of champagne

Comments

• Reply 81 of 112
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Lots of people in the Bay Area like that color of gold.

sf-49ers-authentic.jpg

God, these fucking California references are getting more obnoxious all the time.  

• Reply 82 of 112

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

Its plane, No, its a bird, No, it Superphone, Who the frak cares really, still have to put a case around it

So what's new? Superman still wears his Fruit of the Looms outside his tights. Rumor has it, he loves everyone to see his big red ess.

• Reply 84 of 112
    rainrain Posts: 538member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

If this is true, I would make it "Exhibit A" in the case that Apple is losing is its design sensibilities.

I don't mind the color... but the white face??? and unfinished bands on the back... wtf???

I don't believe these photos to be real of a finished product. No chance Apple releases a phone looking like that.

• Reply 85 of 112
    jony0jony0 Posts: 380member

Maybe those 5C cases were for the Champagne model all along ;-)

• Reply 86 of 112
    rainrain Posts: 538member

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

If they want to go with a champagne gold color then go all the way. I don't like the white face. While using the phone all you would see is the white on the front which defeats the purpose of offering a new color. 

Exactly my sentiments.

The back looks cheap with the different color bands as well. Looks unfinished.

• Reply 87 of 112
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

Quote:

Originally Posted by rain View Post

I don't mind the color... but the white face??? and unfinished bands on the back... wtf???

I don't believe these photos to be real of a finished product. No chance Apple releases a phone looking like that.

no one has seen the glass yet.  maybe it's orange or yellow for all we know.

• Reply 88 of 112
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    My wife wants one bad. There's another vote for gold. I'm sticking with scratchtastic black. :)
  • Reply 89 of 112
    So what's new? Superman still wears his Fruit of the Looms outside his tights. Rumor has it, he loves everyone to see his big red ess.
    Actually, the red tights have been gone since DC relaunched the character in 2011.
  • Reply 90 of 112
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

It's a rumour, guys. 

• Reply 91 of 112
    Actually, the red tights have been gone since DC relaunched the character in 2011.

I'll play…

That means Safeway Supermarket is the "home of the big red ess".

Or, maybe:

• Reply 92 of 112
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    quinney wrote: »
    Lots of people in the Bay Area like that color of gold.

sf-49ers-authentic.jpg
    God, these fucking California references are getting more obnoxious all the time.  

Cheer up! Maybe some company from an anti-American country will make a donut pillow cover that color and then you can have something to match the gold iPhone.
  • Reply 93 of 112
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

I'll play…

Or, maybe:

Say, Dick, isn't the corporate headquarters of Safeway located in Pleasanton, CA.? I consulted for a while at their DP shop in Oakland, CA right near where the freeway collapsed in that earthquake.
  • Reply 94 of 112

I'll play…

Or, maybe:

Say, Dick, isn't the corporate headquarters of Safeway located in Pleasanton, CA.? I consulted for a while at their DP shop in Oakland, CA right near where the freeway collapsed in that earthquake.

Why yes it is.

When I was with IBM, Safeway HQ was in Oakland. I worked with them on a special project... DP was kinda' out in the boonies and had duplexed everything, computers, data files, power backup, power sources, communication lines... IBM loved 'em!

It was 1970, and IBM had built a special computer, the 29/SM. It was designed to be in the back room of a supermarket and control substitutes for cash registers (no barcodes in those days).

We installed and tested it in the training store basement of the Oakland location. Then, we installed a live system in the [then brand new] Fremont store * adjacent to the distribution center.

Only 2 checkout counters were active... But customers would line up to use these, because they printed itemized receipts.

Sadly, IBM cancelled the project... Sigh!

* Safeway had excellent meats... The Fremont store had a lunch counter -- you could buy a steak in the meat dept., and they would prepare it for you at the lunch counter.
  • Reply 95 of 112

Walk into any discount store and look at the ridiculous cases that are already sold.

In China this "bling-bling" phone would be the #1 smartphone in the country in 3 days.

• Reply 96 of 112
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Champagne Supernova.

What's the story?

• Reply 97 of 112

The really sad thing... We must be geeks -- we're discussing the Safeway image [the big red ess sign] -- rather than the other image -- which, IMO, is a lot more interesting...
  • Reply 98 of 112
    rkevwillrkevwill Posts: 224member

Bush Bush Bush, you just don't know many 14 year old girls do you? Especially not asian ones!

• Reply 99 of 112
    rkevwillrkevwill Posts: 224member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

Color is not going to be the main selling point of this device. iOS 7 will be more important than even the scanner. Lets remember that functionality and bells and whistles are what people like the best and hopefully iOS 7 brings out the best.

Bush, Bush, Bush. You don't really understand the psyche of 14 year old girls do you! Especially Asian 14 year old girls :)

• Reply 100 of 112
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    This makes no sense.

Black is the second most popular colour choice after white, and there is no evidence so far they are making a black iPhone 5c either.  

Personally, I'm starting to have severe doubts about this years phone choices from Apple.  A gold iPhone is still a bit tacky even if it's "champagne" and the latest on the fingerprint sensor indicates they are changing the shape of the home button from concave to flat which seems like an awful idea.  Neither of these choices seem worth it in terms of the damage they do to the overall iPhone design to implement them.  For me, this could be the first year I don't upgrade to the new phone.  I'd pick the 5c if it came in a nice colour but it doesn't. 
    When did Apple announce they were getting rid of the black iPhone? Since the black and silver iPhone designs aren't new there isn't anything to leak. Same thing about the home button, no evidence of that either. Seems to me way too many people are making assumptions before they've actually seen the products that will be for sale.