Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement

1235789

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 164
    sog35 wrote: »
    @pedromartins - please keep your racist comments to yourself.  It makes you look like a stoneage bigot.

    The grey circles pretty much confirm we are getting fingerprint scanners on the home button. Awesome.

    The grey circles are to show there is a white model available. Without the grey circle you wouldn't see the white circle on a white background.
  • Reply 82 of 164
    "Integrating a fingerprint sensor %u2014 a move that would largely negate the need for passwords and lock-screen codes %u2014 could give Apple an edge that its competition could not likely soon address."

    How could you write that.. "could give Apple an edge that its competition could not likely soon address"??? Did you forget that Motorola did this years ago? and oh wait who owns them now?? Apple's direct competition? SMH...

    http://secureidnews.com/news-item/motorola-releases-fingerprint-sensor-embedded-android-phone/
  • Reply 83 of 164
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Crosslad View Post




     

    The grey circles are to show there is a white model available. Without the grey circle you wouldn't see the white circle on a white background.


    I think there is something else. If all they were doing is showing a white model they could have a thin gray border and overlap it with some transparency making it consistent with the other circles. The thickness of the gray border distinguishes it as a unique characteristic.

  • Reply 84 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post




    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post


     


    Just exactly what time is 97:55?  And what time is -1:45?



     


    They aren't times of the day, they're hours and minutes. They could mean "we need an additional 97:55 man hours on this date".



     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post




    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post


     


    Just exactly what time is 97:55?  And what time is -1:45?



     


    What mjtomlin said... or maybe it's an expression of available time-off hours for a given store/shift.  Negative indicating that day's allocation was overbooked..?



    But that doesn't comport with the planned Sept 10 and Sept 20 dates that have been rumored. I would have expected to see similar numbers (you don't see a number similar to that for Sept 10 until Sept 30).

  • Reply 85 of 164
    There's already a smartphone on the market with a fingerprint scanner. It's only available in Japan, runs Android and probably won't leave Japan but at least it's out in the market despite Apple buying Authentec which almost certainly delayed development.

    Massively looking forward tho to next week :-)
  • Reply 86 of 164
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    cubefan wrote: »
    There's already a smartphone on the market with a fingerprint scanner. It's only available in Japan, runs Android and probably won't leave Japan but at least it's out in the market despite Apple buying Authentec which almost certainly delayed development.

    That, of course, ignores history.

    Apple is rarely first with a new technology. They're often the first to do it well.
  • Reply 87 of 164


    I have been flip-flopping about this for some time.  I think this is how it is going to run:


     


    5 (16GB) - $0 / $349 unlocked


     


     


    5C (16GB) - $49 / $399 unlocked


    5C (32GB) - $99 / $449 unlocked


    5C (64GB) - $199 / $549 unlocked


     


    5S (32GB) - $199 / $549 unlocked


    5S (64GB) - $299 / $649 unlocked


    5S (128GB) - $399 / $749 unlocked


     


    I think that the 5C will offer up the A7 chip with the plastic colorized body. The 5S in turn will also have the A7 chip in it, but it will have that fingerprint recognition software in it to protect your phone.  I am waffling back and forth whether or not both will be Universal phones, at the very least the 5S will be; maybe the 5C.


     


    See, I don't see the 5C being the Cheap phone, I think it is the Colorized phone.

  • Reply 88 of 164


    It's nice to have something to look forward to, can't wait to see what brightens my day.

  • Reply 89 of 164
    It's over for Apple. This announcement is not one Jobs would've made.

    He would have use more circles with more powerful colors, and not place them so close to each other. Also, the number of circles that overlap one another is telling; it means Tim Cook needs to hide behind his peers and is not ready to helm the ship and take it to uncharted waters.

    Note how the Apple logo is lost amongst some of the circles. This means a company in distress, one in need of direction, one who has lost ITS direction.

    Because of this one announcement, I recommend a SELL on Apple stock.

    Regards,
    Jackass Analyst
  • Reply 90 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post



    It's over for Apple. This announcement is not one Jobs would've made.



    He would have use more circles with more powerful colors, and not place them so close to each other. Also, the number of circles that overlap one another is telling; it means Tim Cook needs to hide behind his peers and is not ready to helm the ship and take it to uncharted waters.



    Note how the Apple logo is lost amongst some of the circles. This means a company in distress, one in need of direction, one who has lost ITS direction.



    Because of this one announcement, I recommend a SELL on Apple stock.



    Regards,

    Jackass Analyst


     


    For a moment there, I thought you were being serious until I saw the concluding name.  I couldn't stop laughing afterwards.... LOL

  • Reply 91 of 164
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 3,982member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by currentinterest View Post



    My speculation:

    5C 8GB $0 contract, $349 unlocked

    5C 16GB $99 contract, $429 unlocked

    5C 32GB $199 contract, $529 unlocked



    5S 32GB $249 contract

    5S 64GB $349 contract

    5S 128GB $449 contract


    Keep dreaming...I won't see lowest iPhone 5c less than $399 because Apple has carrier subsidized at $450 for current iPhone. Also 8GB iPhone 5c does not make sense since the flash drive gets cheaper every day and retina display apps take more space. Apple has no reason to make 8GB for new device just because of the price scheme. Apple may not release multiple versions of iPhone 5c at all because it defeats the purpose of "affordable" iPhone. I think 16GB is sufficient enough for most users (I have 111 apps in my iPhone 5 and I still have 4GB left). To avoid cannibalization into mid tier, Apple may drop 16GB iPhone 5 and have 32GB version at $199, but it's only my speculation.


     


    This's more possible:


     


    16 GB iPhone 5c $449 or free with carrier subsidy (if one wants 32GB, go for iPhone 5)


    32/64 GB iPhone 5 $549/$649 or $99/$199 with carrier subsidy


    32/64/128 GB iPhone 5s $649/$749/$849 or $199/$299/$399 with carrier subsidy

  • Reply 92 of 164
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mstone View Post


    @pedromartins


     


    Please edit your post.



     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post



    @ Pedromartins-



    I hope you don't mind me saying but it sounds like you get offended rather easily.


     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post


    @pedromartins - please keep your racist comments to yourself.  It makes you look like a stoneage bigot.


     



     


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post





    Isn't it interesting that the Android shills accuse iPhone users of being all about status symbol - and then they launch into a rant like Pedro's. Who's the one who's all about image again?


     


    pedro has kind of gotten on my nerves with his attitude in other posts.  Can't say I'll miss him.  image

  • Reply 93 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post


     


    I already hate that "quick access" panel and I haven't even used it yet.  The "flashlight" option in particular is idiotic. 



    Really? I use the quick-access Control Panel on a daily basis (often from my lock screen), and I use the Flashlight feature nearly every day. You may hate it, but you're completely, undoubtedly wrong if you think it shouldn't be included.

  • Reply 94 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by docwallaby View Post


    Really? I use the quick-access Control Panel on a daily basis (often from my lock screen), and I use the Flashlight feature nearly every day. You may hate it, but you're completely, undoubtedly wrong if you think it shouldn't be included.



     


    I hate the difficulty trying to access the "Wi-Fi" and "Cellular Data" switches. If all of these annoying controls can be placed in one spot, that would be a real timesaver. Also, a flashlight switch/button would be better than launching an app every time I want a light.

  • Reply 95 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


     


    I hate the difficulty trying to access the "Wi-Fi" and "Cellular Data" switches. If all of these annoying controls can be placed in one spot, that would be a real timesaver. Also, a flashlight switch/button would be better than launching an app every time I want a light.



    I'm with you. I love being able to quickly and efficiently switch Airplane Mode, WiFi, and Bluetooth on and off with a swipe and a press, rather than having to go into Settings. And the Flashlight feature is way, way more convenient than a third-party App solution. I never used Flashlight apps, but I'm constantly using the Flashlight in Control Center.

  • Reply 96 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post



    Isn't it interesting that the Android shills accuse iPhone users of being all about status symbol - and then they launch into a rant like Pedro's. Who's the one who's all about image again?


    Design is as important as engineering. In fact, I believe that you can't trully separate them. An well-engineered product usually is an well-designed product.


     


    The iPhone is absolutly beautiful, and by that I mean more than the aluminium shell. That's why I think (and by experience, know) that most people that use cases have no idea of what they are using.


     


    Some cases have their meaning. Like a firefighter that needs something to protect the phone. Or someone that needs more battery life.

  • Reply 97 of 164
    So, are they saying that the dual LED flash is only for the 128GB iPhone 5S's and not for like a 32GB? If so, I'm sad
  • Reply 98 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post


     


    pedro has kind of gotten on my nerves with his attitude in other posts.  Can't say I'll miss him.  image



    I don't understand this post.


     


    When I am wrong, just say it. I'm here to learn, and if someone shows me that I am being stupid or ignorant about something, I try to change that.


     


    But, again, why are you saying that?

  • Reply 99 of 164


    Shame on you, Pedro. One racist post and you throw away your image, built on dozens of interesting previous ones.

  • Reply 100 of 164
    Design is as important as engineering. In fact, I believe that you can't trully separate them. An well-engineered product usually is an well-designed product.

    The iPhone is absolutly beautiful, and by that I mean more than the aluminium shell. That's why I think (and by experience, know) that most people that use cases have no idea of what they are using.

    Some cases have their meaning. Like a firefighter that needs something to protect the phone. Or someone that needs more battery life.

    Anyway... Now I am an Android shill? So just because you are clearly misinformed and ignorant about tech, not to mention rude and lacking objectivity, you think you have the right to label me? What gives you that right?

    The hypocrisy of your last senence is just staggering.
Sign In or Register to comment.