Apple promises to 'brighten everyone's day' at Sept. 10 iPhone announcement

1234689

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mieswall View Post


    Shame on you, Pedro. One racist post and you throw away your image, built on dozens of interesting previous ones.



    Racist, where? the one I said that I hated stupid black people and stupid white people, basically stupid people in general?

  • Reply 102 of 164

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post



    The hypocrisy of your last senence is just staggering.


    Son, can you be more objective? That way I can:


     


    a) learn;


    b) change something that was written, if needed;


    c) show that you are wrong and you learn.

  • Reply 103 of 164
    gazoobee wrote: »
    I already hate that "quick access" panel and I haven't even used it yet.  The "flashlight" option in particular is idiotic. 
    I use it all the time
  • Reply 104 of 164
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Son, can you be more objective? That way I can:

    a) learn;
    b) change something that was written, if needed;
    c) show that you are wrong and you learn.

    I don't always agree with jrag- and have had several heated discussion/arguments with him- but he is extremely knowledgeable about tech and one of the most intelligent on this forum. So much so, that I almost never argue with him because I don't want to be proven wrong. You, on the other hand, I don't know what one gains by reading your posts. You want IGZO on everything. That's about all I've learned from your 1,000+ posts.

    For the record- I use a bumper on my phone so when I drop it it doesn't break. And I'm not a fireman and don't need battery life.
  • Reply 105 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

    There's no pink in the invitation.

     

    It's all pink in the middle
  • Reply 106 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post



    I don't always agree with jrag- and have had several heated discussion/arguments with him- but he is extremely knowledgeable about tech and one of the most intelligent on this forum. So much so, that I almost never argue with him because I don't want to be proven wrong. You, on the other hand, I don't know what one gains by reading your posts. You want IGZO on everything. That's about all I've learned from your 1,000+ posts.



    For the record- I use a bumper on my phone so when I drop it it doesn't break. And I'm not a fireman and don't need battery life.

    First of all, there's dozens of ways to measure someone's intelligence. Forum posts are not the perfect way of doing it. In a few discussions that i had with him, he was obtuse and never aknowledged facts that were presented.

     

    - He still thinks that phones with bigger screens = worse battery life + bad screens.

     

    I don't care what you think of him. Only someone that has no notion of reality and what is being offered in the last few months would vomit such things. In fact, I find it more offensive than calling someone "stupid" when that person is actually behaving in a "stupid" way. Like everyone does, once in a while, me included. I mean, someone has the work to write a full post on a language that is not their first language, tries to explain or learn something, and is "discredited" by someone who posts such idiotic things.

     

    - it was proven to him time and time again that smaller companies (that unfortunately do not have the software skills and marketing skills to sell them in iphone-like quantities) can make phones that are slighty bigger (moto X), but have better quality and much better screen than the iPhone (HTC one). Or 2 times the battery life. This isn't about liking it or not, this is about facts.

     

    IGZO is more of a joke, nowadays. But I want it! /s

     

    I think that I mentioned that my "target" were those that use cases for "looks". If not, I apologise.

    I am here to learn, not teach. I don't care about your opinion on that and I believe that you do not care about mine. Because for me, someone must "be able" and "want to" learn, to actually learn. I don't think that it's your case.

  • Reply 107 of 164
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Apple Inside Her View Post

     
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post



    There's no pink in the invitation.

     

    It's all pink in the middle

    I don't know you, but just because of your username and that post I'm sure you are awesome.

  • Reply 108 of 164
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

     

     So just because you are clearly misinformed and ignorant about tech, not to mention rude and lacking objectivity, you think you have the right to label me? What gives you that right?


     

     

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post





    The hypocrisy of your last senence is just staggering.

     

    The fact that you couldn't understand what David meant about your last sentence basically ends the conversation for most people.  But let me be the guy who says it- In your post before that one, you just casually drop the N-word and then have the audacity to talk about someone being rude, lacking objectivity, and labeling.  It'd be funny if you weren't being serious- instead, it's pathetic.

  • Reply 109 of 164
    I think the 5S is going to have that one special thing that make people prefer it.
  • Reply 110 of 164
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

     

    The fact that you couldn't understand what David meant about your last sentence basically ends the conversation for most people.  But let me be the guy who says it- In your post before that one, you just casually drop the N-word and then have the audacity to talk about someone being rude, lacking objectivity, and labeling.  It'd be funny if you weren't being serious- instead, it's pathetic.


    Maybe it varies from place to place...

     

    But where I live, we use the term "nigga" to define stupid black people that think that they are rappers and thieves at the same time (and dress accordingly), and stupid white people that think that they are stupid black people that hink that they are rappers and thieves at the same time.

     

    I explained that I have all respect in the world for people that deserve it, and something as frugal as skin color is not a factor. It doesn't even make sense. Why the hell is that even being brought up?

     

    What is your problem? Seriously, I don't get it.

  • Reply 111 of 164
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by docwallaby View Post

     

    Really? I use the quick-access Control Panel on a daily basis (often from my lock screen), and I use the Flashlight feature nearly every day. You may hate it, but you're completely, undoubtedly wrong if you think it shouldn't be included.


     

    I think the quick-access Control Panel is over-designed and cluttered, (and therefore ugly) and since more than half of the stuff there I will personally never use, my belief is that the items it contains should be user configurable.  

  • Reply 112 of 164
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post

     

     

    That depends on where the price point is for the 5C and what features it has or doesn't have.


     

    Not really, because the suggestion was that the 5c would be cheap enough to cover off the lowest model, but that the 5 would still be needed for a mid range model.  Considering the insides of the two devices are widely thought to be identical, it makes no sense to me that something cheap enough to work as a low end model would not also suffice for a mid-range model.  The poster is just assuming that there will be a desire for a cheap phone that isn't plastic and that Apple will fill this need.  Sounds like wishful thinking to me. 

  • Reply 113 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

     

    Maybe it varies from place to place...

     

    But where I live, we use the term "nigga" to define stupid black people that think that they are rappers and thieves at the same time (and dress accordingly), and stupid white people that think that they are stupid black people that hink that they are rappers and thieves at the same time.

     

    I explained that I have all respect in the world for people that deserve it, and something as frugal as skin color is not a factor. It doesn't even make sense. Why the hell is that even being brought up?

     

    What is your problem? Seriously, I don't get it.


     

     

    Begging your pardon, but you do seem to be crossing yourself up here. If skin color is not a factor, then why do you reserve this racial term only for Blacks and Whites who act like stupid Blacks? What name do you have for Blacks and Whites who act like stupid Whites? See what I mean? I don't know you and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm simply pointing out that you do indeed have a problem with your logic here, and there is some degree of hypocrisy present.

     

    P.S. At least you didn't go on to say that some of your best friends are Black or tell us about the special names you have for Jews (though just the "bad ones" who cheat people and chase $).

     

    P.P.S. What a strange thing to say in an iPhone related thread on a tech board.

  • Reply 114 of 164
    Son, can you be more objective? That way I can:

    a) learn;
    b) change something that was written, if needed;
    c) show that you are wrong and you learn.

    Sure. In your previous post you said someone was rude and asked what right they have to judge you. Yet rudely judging people was (until you wisely edited it) a main part of that post and a previous one. The whole "white [email protected]@$ gangster wannabe thieves that should get severely punched or shipped of to an island" part. That seems like a pretty rude judgment to me.

    I haven't touched on the racist aspect but others have so in case your wondering, it is racist when you use a slur that refers to a black person as a catch all for anyone who does something you don't like.
  • Reply 115 of 164
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post



    Sure. In your previous post you said someone was rude and asked what right they have to judge you. Yet rudely judging people was (until you wisely edited it) a main part of that post and a previous one.

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post

     

    Begging your pardon, but you do seem to be crossing yourself up here.


    Both of you make sense. I apologize. Sorry, that wasn't my goal.

     

    I hope no one was offended by it.

  • Reply 116 of 164
    hydrhydr Posts: 146member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by webboy View Post



    "Integrating a fingerprint sensor %u2014 a move that would largely negate the need for passwords and lock-screen codes %u2014 could give Apple an edge that its competition could not likely soon address."



    How could you write that.. "could give Apple an edge that its competition could not likely soon address"??? Did you forget that Motorola did this years ago? and oh wait who owns them now?? Apple's direct competition? SMH...



    http://secureidnews.com/news-item/motorola-releases-fingerprint-sensor-embedded-android-phone/

     

    Just for your information, the motorola fingerprint sensor was a product from Authentec. Authentec is fully own by Apple, and they don´t license/sell sensors to other companies anymore. 

  • Reply 117 of 164
    So how long 'til the first Apple announcement poster related homicide?
  • Reply 118 of 164
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

     

    Maybe it varies from place to place...

     

    But where I live, we use the term "nigga" to define stupid black people that think that they are rappers and thieves at the same time (and dress accordingly), and stupid white people that think that they are stupid black people that hink that they are rappers and thieves at the same time.

     

    I explained that I have all respect in the world for people that deserve it, and something as frugal as skin color is not a factor. It doesn't even make sense. Why the hell is that even being brought up?

     

    What is your problem? Seriously, I don't get it.


     

    You're George Zimmerman, aren't you?  :wow:

  • Reply 119 of 164
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 31,901member
    I hope there's a law preventing cases on aluminium iPhones and Macs.

    For some strange reason, I just want to agressively punch them. Imagine the work done to create a macbook air, and some punk that never had to work to buy it decides to put stickers on it and a bright green rubber case, not to mention what they do with the logo..

    I find it offensive.

    And I find your post offensive. Unfortunately, some of these products scratch easily. I've had 4 iPads, and all have either had a case, or a thin layer of silicon rubber that I carefully cut for the back. My iPhones have all had cases because either they could scratch, such as my 5. Or get damaged if you set them down when they had the glass back, which sticks out further than the bezel around it. Or slip out if ylur hand, and possibly break. Both are bad design choices as far as longevity goes.

    So for you to be so snobbish as to tell us that we shouldn't use a case because of your wonderful design sense is far more offensive than so done buying a case, no matter how ugly it may be. It's also none of your business!
  • Reply 120 of 164
    Originally Posted by iRon man View Post

    So how long 'til the first Apple announcement poster related homicide?

     

    What kind of statement is this?

Sign In or Register to comment.