Samsung shows off Galaxy Note 3 'phablet', new Note 10.1 tablet, Galaxy Gear smart watch

Comments

• Reply 81 of 154
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Pebble. Nobody seems to remember Pebble.

quite right - pebble was as close as anyones got to a good smart watch. In fact close enough for some.

I understand its not too rugged, despite being waterproof. Also you have to plug it into a cradle to charge it, unlike this Samsung wa.... oh oh - i mean just like this samsung device

• Reply 82 of 154
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

Pebble. Nobody seems to remember Pebble.

That's correct. No one remembers Pebble. The mass market buying public has no clue who or what Pebble is. It's the same old tripe that says "tablets have been around for years." Yes, they were, but NO ONE cared until the iPad appeared. You have to take off your technology fan colored glasses and realize that what the mass market knows and buys is completely different than what we tech watchers know. Because Samsung has a good share of the pubic's mindshare they will be credited as having been first to market. IF this thing actually succeeds, which is highly doubtful in my opinion.

• Reply 83 of 154
    Obviously a lot of fanboi comments above, but it's bold step and, to be honest, looks better than the Pebble I'm wearing. THere will be more to come and they'll get better.
  • Reply 84 of 154
    OMG nuff said
  • Reply 85 of 154
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    The Gear is a dud - poorly executed, IMO.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with the concept of a smart watch, but this is a horrible implementation.

But what did you expect? They didn't have an Apple product to copy, so this is the best they were able to come up with.
    The Note 3 is a decent step up from the Note 2. As mentioned above, the multitasking feature is *noteworthy*. But revolutionary? Now that's serious marketing *spin*. :)

Agree. Absolutely nothing revolutionary about it.
  • Reply 86 of 154
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Eleven View Post

When this hipster took the stage to be the MC I almost closed the YouTube channel. Nice glasses man!

Those are the new Samsung S-Glass(es) ...

• Reply 87 of 154
    jpvn wrote: »
    Thats one ugly watch....

Truer words were never spoken. Expect the design to change if Apple releases one though.
  • Reply 88 of 154
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    j1h15233 wrote: »
    It probably hurts Samsung to be first to market with this. It'll be really obvious when they copy Apple's future design now.

It'll just be the latest "crisis in design". Whatever Apple comes up with will be the new "convergence of design". I can't wait for Sammy's 132 slide deck comparison.
  • Reply 89 of 154

really? Speechless... They really don't have any regrets on copying things....

• Reply 90 of 154
    I like the watch! But I like my Pebble better, and it works with all Android and iOS phones, not just with the Note 3...
  • Reply 91 of 154
    Quote:

Originally Posted by focher View Post

So when you have seen people holding up iPads and using them as digital cameras, looking stupid in public. This is now what Samsung is copying.

Exactly...there'll be some real trend-setters trying to hold Samsung's giant phones to their ears and/or talking to their wrists.  Add Google Glass and they'll be set.

• Reply 92 of 154
    Please Apple Insider review the Sony Xperia Z1, we all want the same features on an iPhone, like sending files with bluetooth, or having a SD card reader, and all the other amazing stuff! This site is good to criticize everything but not Apple?
  • Reply 93 of 154

I dont understand..

Samsung had 3 years to copy Apple's iPod nano to make a more decent watch and they do this !!!

Help me out here !

• Reply 94 of 154

UGLY as ...... ;)

As I said before and based on leaked pics of their dumbwatch, they just released one for the sake of saying they did it 1st!

Then, their R&D (if exists!) will sit on their a$$ and see what Apple's look like .... ladies & gents, start your copy machines!!!!

EDIT: "Notably, the device does not feature a fingerprint sensor as was proposed in earlier reports."

Samsung is not a tech company. Well, it is but a Mafia version of it! Of course, they shit around with their rumours to get attention! Excatly like google. Remember, as soon as MS took over news with their Nokia, google came up with kitkat crap to get attention away from MS!

• Reply 95 of 154
    The watch thing is stupid. If apple releases a watch as their ace in the hole, I'll lose confidence in their innovative edge. What can a watch do that a smart phone can't. Take blood pressure in real time?
  • Reply 96 of 154

Whatever Apple might do in this arena....

- it has to have >>> 25 hours battery life, otherwise, it will be out of juice most of the time. I don't even remember to put my iPhone on charge every night - but at work or in the car it gets charged. I would not take off an iWatch to do it

- it has to add useful features, and i don't think a 2MP camera is that useful in a smart watch

- there has to be ways of customizing it, or "fashionizing" it. Assuming Apples iWatch will exist, I dont want everyone to notice Im wearing the apple device. I have some nice watches, I like them, but I don't wear them for other peoples attention. So I hope there are some different styles.

• Reply 97 of 154
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    saltwater wrote: »
    Please Apple Insider review the Sony Xperia Z1, we all want the same features on an iPhone, like sending files with bluetooth, or having a SD card reader, and all the other amazing stuff! This site is good to criticize everything but not Apple?
    Use Bump to send data. I don't need an SD card in my iPhone.
  • Reply 98 of 154

A rear-facing camera to boot!

• Reply 99 of 154
    Quote:

Originally Posted by coconutwireless View Post

The watch thing is stupid. If apple releases a watch as their ace in the hole, I'll lose confidence in their innovative edge. What can a watch do that a smart phone can't. Take blood pressure in real time?

maybe not much, but now I hope anyone (even Pebble) just does one right, so everyone can see just how crappy this one really is. 

25 hours life - and look how big it is. All thats needed is a wrist strap for an iPhone - surely it wouldnt look much dafter on a wrist..

• Reply 100 of 154
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frac View Post

Yes...absolutely copying Apple.

The Korean dude used "ONE MORE THING..." in the presentation. How tacky is that?

Hubris will push Samsung under a bus.

And he said used the word "gorgeous" near the end.