Secrecy around Apple's new 64-bit A7 chip may have incited spurious $AAPL stock downgrades

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diaboliqueguan View Post

Folks, I cant analyse stocks, but can say a few things about human characters. @analogjack who pointed out a nail in the head comment about Tim Cook. Yes, his self-element says that he is a very secretive person, furthermore he is very adaptable to any situation, highly intelligent, and often underestimated. I look forward to 2014, when he is going to blow the tech world away with his ideas.

I can hardly wait to see what colors he chooses for the new iPads... in plastic.

• Reply 102 of 105

The analysts did't do their homework and apparently you didn't either. This is a very different "plastic".

Reports today prove that. It feels more like ceramic they say. It has reinforced fiber in it like carbon fiber. It has a steel reinforced backing and antenna. This is no Samsung plastic. Plus the phone does have some significant upgrades over the iPhone5 but sells for the lowered price. It has iOS7 and can be upgraded which you can not do with an Android phone. Great move as Tim should have zero supply constraints.delusional

• Reply 103 of 105
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mrphil49 View Post

The analysts did't do their homework and apparently you didn't either. This is a very different "plastic".

Reports today prove that. It feels more like ceramic they say. It has reinforced fiber in it like carbon fiber. It has a steel reinforced backing and antenna. This is no Samsung plastic. Plus the phone does have some significant upgrades over the iPhone5 but sells for the lowered price. It has iOS7 and can be upgraded which you can not do with an Android phone. Great move as Tim should have zero supply constraints.delusional

I have a Samsung plastic phone. It's very durable and it's very cheap. It does what I want it to do... but it is plastic. It was given to me by my employer.

My Wife's iPhone 4S on the other hand is metal. it's very durable as well but not cheap. It does more than either of us could ever need or want.

If I had the choice between plastic (even Apple super plastic) and metal for $100 dollar difference, regardless of the phone's use, I would choose metal. To me, plastic is plastic. (my Samsung phone, by the way, feels more like rubber, which I actually prefer to something that feels like ceramic).

To each his own.
  • Reply 104 of 105
    No analyst is ever 100% perfect and they are lucky to get just half of their predictions right. They just can't be everywhere at the same time. If you people actually think the stock market fell just because of his downgrade, think again. In all actuality there are other reasons he wasn't aware of concerning Samsung Austin Texas Fab moving 3rd party chip production off shore to South Korean fabs, etc.

They just finished pouring another 4 Billion Dollars into their Austin Texas Semiconductor plant for expansion. What they have been or are going to be fabricating there no one has said. But we do know they have aggressively shifted to 20nm/22nm production. Which would mean the possibility of them in the process of fulfilling their renewed contract with them is taking place whether the haters like it or not. Business is business with both these companies and it may be that some people on both sides are just plain misconstruing this whole us (Apple) against them (Samsung) as adversarial instead of the rebalancing of a long term partnership!

And hey with Apple it wouldn't be normal if they just came out of the closet on this all with the truth. That on top of the fact, Apple stock has been going up and down with the weather. So let's all just wait a while and it'll go up again too! .....but one thing is for sure and that's the fact that Samsung has consistantly supplied the best quality parts of any vendor out there!!!
  • Reply 105 of 105
    **Warning I'm just ranting here, nothing too important. (opinion)

This Misek guy, sure is wrong about a lot of things Apple. If I were as inaccurate as he, I'd be out of a job. It's incredibly annoying to me that Misek and the stock market in general have the audacity to influence/shape/mold things by basically saying "do this or else". Innovation and creativity shouldn't be put on a schedule, nor dictated to. Predicting Apple should do something, (make this, make that) then criticize and lowering ratings when they don't cow-tow to you is ridiculous. Misek, what do you create that's so great? Or do you only consume?