Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined

Comments

• Reply 121 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quinney View Post

It could have to do with the number of countries in which the new iPhones were launched and/or it could be a reflection of the sales Apple is expecting in FQ1 2014.

It's a mystery to me. I only mentioned it because I have noticed a few people talking about Apple divulging channel inventory. It might make sense to them but it sure doesn't help me understand Apple's numbers any better.

[this is not meant as a slight against Apple]

• Reply 122 of 213
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

Nope... used an Apple II as a kid in the 80's, but didn't again until 2009 when I got an iPod touch, and iPod shuffle. I lost the shuffle, but still have that touch, as well as an iPhone and iPad. It's hard for some of you to understand that someone could POSSIBLY own an Apple device without being "ZOMG APPLE RELEASED XXXX DEVICE AND IT'S THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT AND I SHALL BUY THREE OF THEM AND PROSELYTE THE WORLD ZOMG"!!

I own a Galaxy S4 and am wondering which will come first, the update to 4.3 or Google releasing 4.4...

...so far it's a close race, as far as the phone goes it's such a piece of junk about all I do with it these days is go to settings and check for updates which never come, I could root it and install some ROM from the slaves at XDA but if Samsung detect it they will void the warranty.

My 3 year old iPhone 4, sits in my car connected as an iPod I updated it to iOS7 on the day of launch, my 5 I gave to my wife, I use a 5s as my main phone.

• Reply 123 of 213
    Wuahahaha. Apple rulez!!!!!!
  • Reply 124 of 213
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

“Theft is okay.”

Nope.

Run a stolen OS.

Oh, wait, my iPhone can also run Android; never mind.

I wasn't talking exclusively about Samsung, actually the only Samsung tablet that I think is really worth anything is the Note 8", the rest are ugly and slow. If I was to buy an Android tablet though it would be a Sony Z 10" but I'm kind of done with Android for a while. My tablet of choice is of course the iPad and Windows 8 tablets. specifically from Lenovo, Asus and Microsoft. As far as Android being stolen, I don't believe that, Android looks nothing like iOS. Apps in a grid were around before iOS, Apple like every other manufacture have taken what has been and improved on it. Was Android influenced by iOS, sure, absolutely, was it stolen no. Unless you think Apple stole the grid of apps, using a camera phone, wifi or bluetooth, slide to open from other phones, ect. but I don't think they did, progression of technology.

• Reply 125 of 213

Me, you everyone. A company that is good for its shareholders does not ALWAYS equate to a company that that is good for consumers. That being said, I think Apple is a good enough company. They can be overpriced, and people still pay for their products, i just choose not to partly for that reason. 

• Reply 126 of 213

Should have gone Nexus...your fault.

• Reply 127 of 213
    [quote name="zoetmb"
    As for the article, I think it loses some credibility when it talks about Samsung selling junk.    There are plenty of people using Samsung phones who think that they're perfectly fine.    Someone in my office showed up yesterday with a newly purchased Samsung Pad (which clips to a keyboard) running Win 8 and it actually looked like an ok machine.   This person claimed to love it.   Different strokes for different folks.   Apple doesn't do everything right and sometimes, it's frustratingly stubborn.   
    [/quote]

In response to this quote and a very funny post from qwerty-something, I would like to confirm that, leaving in Africa, I am impressed by how much Samsung is reaching the population: from fridges to cookers, to tv, to phones, etc. they're everywhere.

This does not take away the fact that Samsung high tech products are crap. Nicely packaged, but utterly crap, nevertheless. But hey, this is Africa, so it seems that developed country companies dispatch their worst here. Mind you, you can repair ANYTHING here. And you can buy any kind of part for any appliance or contraption you want. Except Apple. I have never ever seen a street vendor or market stall sell any Apple product. Samsung? Oh yes!
  • Reply 128 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I wasn't talking exclusively about Samsung, actually the only Samsung tablet that I think is really worth anything is the Note 8", the rest are ugly and slow. If I was to buy an Android tablet though it would be a Sony Z 10" but I'm kind of done with Android for a while. My tablet of choice is of course the iPad and Windows 8 tablets. specifically from Lenovo, Asus and Microsoft. As far as Android being stolen, I don't believe that, Android looks nothing like iOS. Apps in a grid were around before iOS, Apple like every other manufacture have taken what has been and improved on it. Was Android influenced by iOS, sure, absolutely, was it stolen no. Unless you think Apple stole the grid of apps, using a camera phone, wifi or bluetooth, slide to open from other phones, ect. but I don't think they did, progression of technology.

I watched Blade Runner last night, based on "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?" written by Philip K Dick in 1968, I couldn't help but notice the Nexus 6 replicants, as in copies of humans, it parallels how Google and their cronies seem to be based on replicating everything others do.

• Reply 129 of 213
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I watched Blade Runner last night, based on "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?" written by Philip K Dick in 1968, I couldn't help but notice the Nexus 6 replicants, as in copies of humans, it parallels how Google and their cronies seem to be based on replicating everything others do.

I have a first run of the book, signed by Mr. Dick. Cronies, I'm sorry but I feel that way about every multi-billion dollar corporation, Apple is defiantly no different. Separating money from your wallet is the name of the game. Doesn't mean that I don't like some of their products, just that my eyes are opened to all of these evil corporations. 

• Reply 130 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I have a first run of the book, signed by Mr. Dick. Cronies, I'm sorry but I feel that way about every multi-billion dollar corporation, Apple is defiantly no different. Separating money from your wallet is the name of the game. Doesn't mean that I don't like some of their products, just that my eyes are opened to all of these evil corporations. 

Android and Nexus are both terms adopted by Google, I wonder if they will do anything special for next years Nexus 6?

I just found it interesting that Dick used the terms for replicants of humans used as slaves.

I just downloaded the iBook to read on my iPad, $6.99.

• Reply 131 of 213
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Android and Nexus are both terms adopted by Google, I wonder if they will do anything special for next years Nexus 6?

I just found it interesting that Dick used the terms for replicants of humans used as slaves.

I just downloaded the iBook to read on my iPad, $6.99.

I doubt the Nexus 6 will offer anything special, just like iOS 7 didn't offer anything special. They'll just change the look and feel and call it revolutionary. The only mobile OS that I am truly looking forward to is Ubuntu Touch. Yeah, I love the book I also have it on my Nook, I haven't used iBook's yet as I don't like using just one corporation for all of my media consumption. I still prefer using hardcopy's though for my books.

• Reply 132 of 213
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by burts bees View Post

What's amazing Juanito keyboard masturbator is that you're repelled by the two words you refuse to repeat and can't admit what that means apples competitors "race to the bottom" business..

Everything you say (and link) reinforces this business model and does not reflect Apples business high end business ambitions AND success.

What high end success you say of Samsung..

RIGH, the one thats flat lining .

Please please please go away to your potty.

Your numbers are constipation you

What high end success? The FACT that they are selling their premium devices(the S4 and Note3) at at HIGHER rate than the previous model? I have already referenced that FACT and linked to articles stating that FACT. I doubt you have taken the time to read anything... by the calibre of your comments, I doubt reading is your forte.

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profits are nearly 30% higher this year than last?

Or the FACT that Apple's have dropped almost 8% YOY?

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profit was MORE than Apple's last quarter?

Or the FACT that 10 Billion dollars is 10 Billion dollars?

You? 

A) Have added absolutely NOTHING intelligent to the conversation. No FACTS, nothing. Just opinion. A mouth(in this case hands) flapping with no brain attached.

B) Like to quote yourself?!?

C) Can barely spell OR use proper grammar.

D) Like to talk about masturbation and constipation. Are you 13?? Seriously?

That is all.... for now. ;) 

• Reply 133 of 213
    qwertyjuan wrote: »
    What high end success? The FACT that they are selling their premium devices(the S4 and Note3) at at HIGHER rate than the previous model? I have already referenced that FACT and linked to articles stating that FACT. I doubt you have taken the time to read anything... by the calibre of your comments, I doubt reading is your forte.

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profits are nearly 30% higher this year than last?

You? 
    A) Have added absolutely NOTHING intelligent to the conversation. No FACTS, nothing. Just opinion. A mouth(in this case hands) flapping with no brain attached.

Oh hiya Juanito keyboard masturbator.

Glad you are back!
    You still sound constipated.
    Have you flushed out:

Emerging markets
    Cheap phones yet?

Look down and tell me what you see because that's what High-end competition looks like to Apple.

Enjoy your keyboard masturbating. All of it is wearing you out. Push and try harder!

It's not "all for now for you." It's bothering you so much that you keep trying harder.

I've not made one effort to impress you with with links and stats because none are needed.

It's in the article you refuse to acknowledge tecla boy.

Keep hurting and stay losing. Push push constipation boy.

Haha.

---> cheap crap + emerging markets

Repeat
  • Reply 134 of 213

You? 

I'm waiting for more fun"facts"

You're going to tire yourself out trying to look foolish. I know you spent the last 2 hours dredging up that jumble of "factual" extravaganza for me and everyone to marvel at. But you haven't acknowledged:

Low end cheap phones and emerging markets
    That is covered in nearly every article concerning Apples competition.

Sorry freetards like you don't like or understand that this isn't in line with apples high end strategy.

Looks like: "better luck next time" for Samsung. No stats to counter flat line growth huh Juanito! Waiting for your hyperlink bonanza in 1 hour keyboard masturbator.

Haha
  • Reply 135 of 213
    Quote:

Oh hiya Juanito keyboard masturbator.

Glad you are back!

You still sound constipated.

Have you flushed out:

Emerging markets

Cheap phones yet?

Look down and tell me what you see because that's what High-end competition looks like to Apple.

Enjoy your keyboard masturbating. All of it is wearing you out. Push and try harder!

It's not "all for now for you." It's bothering you so much that you keep trying harder.

I've not made one effort to impress you with with links and stats because none are needed.

It's in the article you refuse to acknowledge tecla boy.

Keep hurting and stay losing. Push push constipation boy.

Haha.

---> cheap crap + emerging markets

Repeat

What do cheap phones have to do with profit Mr. Bee? Do you really think Samsung(who incidentally made MORE money last quarter than Apple) cares WHO buys their phones? Are you racist? If someone from India, Africa or China buys a phone, does that make you "uncomfortable" or something? I am really struggling to see where you are coming from with this.

Ok, I will humour you... let's pretend 98% of what Samsung makes is garbage (I can't really tell you either way as I don't own ANY of their products) does that matter if people will buy it and give them their money? Do their execs(or stock holders) sit there and worry that their products are garbage when people are obviously BUYING them? Or are they sitting back and laughing because they have tricked MILLIONS of people into buying their garbage? Probably the latter....

Does Wal-Mart care that 98% of what THEY sell is garbage? I doubt it... they are still selling TONS of it, and making TONS of money.

Lastly, if you are trying to insinuate that you are a better person than the person next to you holding a Note3 in their hands, you've got problems man.... SERIOUS problems. Why?? Because everyday I see just as many people on WELFARE running iPhones as I do business execs. By your lack of knowledge, inability to spell or compose a proper sentence and your love of defecation, I am guessing you fall into the former category.

• Reply 136 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshTodorovski View Post

Net profit is the key number (after all taxes, what goes to the company), Samsung did 7.8 billion there and Apple did 7.5 billion.

you also have to remember that corporate taxes are lower in korea, than in the us. The difference takes away the .3 billion your talking about.  Apple does not have the ability to change its income tax more than it already does.  Also Many here are forgetting that Apple deferred  $900 million due to the software right downs for the free software that there giving away.  Peter Openheimer mentioned this in the quarterly conference call.

• Reply 137 of 213
    Quote:

I'm waiting for more fun"facts"

You're going to tire yourself out trying to look foolish. I know you spent the last 2 hours dredging up that jumble of "factual" extravaganza for me and everyone to marvel at. But you haven't acknowledged:

Low end cheap phones and emerging markets

That is covered in nearly every article concerning Apples competition.

Sorry freetards like you don't like or understand that this isn't in line with apples high end strategy.

Looks like: "better luck next time" for Samsung. No stats to counter flat line growth huh Juanito! Waiting for your hyperlink bonanza in 1 hour keyboard masturbator.

Haha

Actually I have jobs that needed to be done(I actually work for a living)... hence my hiatus from the keyboard for a few hours. Nice to know someone missed me! ;)

• Reply 138 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

you also have to remember that corporate taxes are lower in korea, than in the us. The difference takes away the .3 billion your talking about.  Apple does not have the ability to change its income tax more than it already does.  Also Many here are forgetting that Apple deferred  $900 million due to the software right downs for the free software that there giving away.  Peter Openheimer mentioned this in the quarterly conference call.

LOL... and HOW much of Apple's money is stored off shore for these "tax write off" purposes??

• Reply 139 of 213
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

It's a mystery to me. I only mentioned it because I have noticed a few people talking about Apple divulging channel inventory. It might make sense to them but it sure doesn't help me understand Apple's numbers any better.

[this is not meant as a slight against Apple]

I think that lol only Cook and Apple know what channel inventory should be for sales at a given moment.  But Apple has a really good habit of keeping channel inventory very low.  Unlike microsoft who writes off $900 million in inventory because they blew a wad of cash on surfaces that no one bought.  And then give said surfaces to schools for free.  Well not really free. ($900 million is not really free to them. But for the schools i guess).

• Reply 140 of 213
    What do cheap phones have to do with profit Mr. Bee? Do you really think Samsung(who incidentally made MORE money last quarter than Apple) cares WHO buys their phones? Are you racist? If someone from India, Africa or China buys a phone, does that make you "uncomfortable" or something? I am really struggling to see where you are coming from with this.

Ok, I will humour you... let's pretend 98% of what Samsung makes is garbage (I can't really tell you either way as I don't own ANY of their products) does that matter if people will buy it and give them their money? Do their execs(or stock holders) sit there and worry that their products are garbage when people are obviously BUYING them? Or are they sitting back and laughing because they have tricked MILLIONS of people into buying their garbage? Probably the latter....

Does Wal-Mart care that 98% of what THEY sell is garbage? I doubt it... they are still selling TONS of it, and making TONS of money.

Lastly, if you are trying to insinuate that you are a better person than the person next to you holding a Note3 in their hands, you've got problems man.... SERIOUS problems. Why?? Because everyday I see just as many people on WELFARE running iPhones as I do business execs. By your lack of knowledge, inability to spell or compose a proper sentence and your love of defecation, I am guessing you fall into the former category.
    You wanna know what's funny?

No one. And I mean NO ONE. Is taking you seriously. I can explain why, but that's not fun.

Just quit the rambling. You are desperately trying to fit a square peg In a round hole.

Were Not your daddy and these confessionals are done.

Accept that your information stays with YOU.

Respect others here and you won't get shit thrown back at you. I've made all my points about 8 times. You ignored them so I ignore yours.

Is that fair?

But wait, there's more!!

35%
    30%
    Etc etc.

No- one-cares-what- you - have - to - say.

No one