Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined

Comments

• Reply 101 of 213
    Why are you so defensive there? Do you own Apple stock? I do (I also own Google, MSFT, FB, and some others).

Yeah and I know what's next:

"Juanito: yeah I'm an apple fan since 1979 too!!"
  • Reply 102 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

Ten billion is bigger than 9.5B, even if you include all of Samsung’s toilet seat sales. Also, Samsung itself said its growth came from component RAM sales that were a fluke of the fire in China at a competing vendor. 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SBD-935s-Bidet-Toilet/dp/B00E98VZ4E

Ok.. that is just too much.... you reprimand me on my first post NET vs. OPERATING profits... so I apologized for making that mistake, THEN I was nice enough to SHOW YOU WITH PROOF, that Samsung's NET profit was STILL IN FACT higher, and you post THIS post... I guess you are going to believe what you want to believe even when the proof has been revealed. Wow.

• Reply 103 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by burts bees View Post

Yeah and I know what's next:

"Juanito: yeah I'm an apple fan since 1979 too!!"

Just a young boy I see.

• Reply 104 of 213
    Re read
    qwertyjuan wrote: »
    Ok.. that is just too much.... you reprimand me on my first post NET vs. OPERATING profits... so I apologized for making that mistake, THEN I was nice enough to SHOW YOU WITH PROOF, that Samsung's NET profit was STILL IN FACT higher, and you post THIS post... I guess you are going to believe what you want to believe even when the proof has been revealed. Wow.

Wow.. Reread the article and quit the umbrella narrative.

You didn't reply once so you're avoiding the message: here you go AGAIN...

Emerging markets
    Cheap phones

Emerging markets
    Cheap phones

Emerging Market
    cheap phones

Flat lining high end sales.

Google it
  • Reply 105 of 213

Nope... used an Apple II as a kid in the 80's, but didn't again until 2009 when I got an iPod touch, and iPod shuffle. I lost the shuffle, but still have that touch, as well as an iPhone and iPad. It's hard for some of you to understand that someone could POSSIBLY own an Apple device without being "ZOMG APPLE RELEASED XXXX DEVICE AND IT'S THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT AND I SHALL BUY THREE OF THEM AND PROSELYTE THE WORLD ZOMG"!!

• Reply 106 of 213
    Another misleading article glorifying Apple sales. That's not what BNN and CTV are saying here though. A complete bias article. Obviously Apple didn't sell as many iProducts.
  • Reply 107 of 213
    Nope... used an Apple II as a kid in the 80's, but didn't again until 2009 when I got an iPod touch, and iPod shuffle. I lost the shuffle, but still have that touch, as well as an iPhone and iPad. It's hard for some of you to understand that someone could POSSIBLY own an Apple device without being "ZOMG APPLE RELEASED XXXX DEVICE AND IT'S THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT AND I SHALL BUY THREE OF THEM AND PROSELYTE THE WORLD ZOMG"!!

No one cares about your flip flopping feature phone shiney nickel impulses.

Here YA GO...

Emerging markets

Cheap phones
  • Reply 108 of 213
    Quote:

Re read

Wow.. Reread the article and quit the umbrella narrative.

You didn't reply once so you're avoiding the message: here you go AGAIN...

Emerging markets

Cheap phones

Emerging markets

Cheap phones

Emerging Market

cheap phones

Flat lining high end sales.

Google it

I think I am missing something kind sir.... how does what you just posted affect the fact that their profits are going up and Apple's are going down?

• Reply 109 of 213
    I think I am missing something kind sir.... how does what you just posted affect the fact that their profits are going up and Apple's are going down?
    Quit the bullshit hyper linking distractions

Address what I said and we can play your childish game

Emerging markets

Cheap phones (crickets.....)
  • Reply 110 of 213

Crickets

Crickets ...

Chirp
  • Reply 111 of 213
    burts bees wrote: »
    Quit the bullshit hyper linking distractions

Address what I said and we can play your childish game

Emerging markets

Cheap phones (crickets.....)

You may want to turn everyone's gaze from the article you incorrectly posted on.

But why let you off so easy :)

Emerging markets
    Vs high end market

Cheap phones vs high end phones

Who's thriving
    Whose flat lining?

Everything else you throw in is a distraction from this fact.
  • Reply 112 of 213

Here's a question:

What's the solution for Apple to grow its bottom line?

• Reply 113 of 213
    Quote:

No one cares about your flip flopping feature phone shiney nickel impulses.

Here YA GO...

Emerging markets

Cheap phones

And again I ask... what does that have ANYTHING to do with reported NET profits? Who cares if I sell ONE item and make 10B dollars or if I sell 10 BILLION items and make 10B dollars?? Guess what........ read real close........ because it may get by you...... I made the SAME amount of money!!!! AMAZING isn't it?? Hard to comprehend?? Yes I understand that.... but maybe you can get your mommy to sit down and explain it to you?

• Reply 114 of 213
    Quote:

Who's thriving

Whose flat lining?

Everything else you throw in is a distraction from this fact.

First off... it's "Who's flat lining" not "Whose".

Secondly... to answer that question you can EASILY read some of the links I posted, or you can just BLINDLY continue blathering and pretending that Apple made more NET profit this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T. And you can continue to PRETEND that Samsung made LESS this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T.

Reading comprehension is your friend Burt.

• Reply 115 of 213
    And again I ask... what does that have ANYTHING to do with reported NET profits? Who cares if I sell ONE item and make 10B dollars or if I sell 10 BILLION items and make 10B dollars?? Guess what........ read real close........ because it may get by you...... I made the SAME amount of money!!!! AMAZING isn't it?? Hard to comprehend?? Yes I understand that.... but maybe you can get your mommy to sit down and explain it to you?
    What's amazing Juanito keyboard masturbator is that you're repelled by the two words you refuse to repeat and can't admit what that means apples competitors "race to the bottom" business..

Everything you say (and link) reinforces this business model and does not reflect Apples business high end business ambitions AND success.

What high end success you say of Samsung..

RIGH, the one thats flat lining .

Please please please go away to your potty.
    Your numbers are constipation you
  • Reply 116 of 213
    burts bees wrote: »
    What's amazing Juanito keyboard masturbator is that you're repelled by the two words you refuse to repeat and can't admit what that means apples competitors "race to the bottom" business..

Everything you say (and link) reinforces this business model and does not reflect Apples business high end business ambitions AND success.

What high end success you say of Samsung..

RIGH, the one thats flat lining .

Please please please go away to your potty.
    Your numbers are constipation you
    Constipating you very much
  • Reply 117 of 213
    First off... it's "Who's flat lining" not "Whose".

Secondly... to answer that question you can EASILY read some of the links I posted, or you can just BLINDLY continue blathering and pretending that Apple made more NET profit this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T. And you can continue to PRETEND that Samsung made LESS this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T.

Reading comprehension is your friend Burt.
    I think we hear you pushing again.

Ok,
    Well wait then.
  • Reply 118 of 213
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

those are BS numbers.  Those are shipped numbers and a bunch of those phones could still be unsold.  Apple reports shipped and channel fill.  If Samsung S4 did out sell the S3 they would have made huge announcements to the press.  Why is Samsung so quiet about S4 sales the last 3 months?  Because they SUCK bad.  While iPhones continue to grow 20-30% every year

Speaking of channel inventory...

I noticed from the q4 2012 that there was an estimated 9 million units in the channel.

In the q4 2013 there was an estimated 14 million units in the channel.

I'm not even sure what all that means but I'm sure it is not inconsequential.

• Reply 119 of 213
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

I have no idea how Apple reports anything... I just use their products. ;)

You have made that abundantly clear.
  • Reply 120 of 213
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member

Speaking of channel inventory...

I noticed from the q4 2012 that there was an estimated 9 million units in the channel.

In the q4 2013 there was an estimated 14 million units in the channel.

I'm not even sure what all that means but I'm sure it is not inconsequential.

It could have to do with the number of countries in which the new iPhones were launched and/or it could be a reflection of the sales Apple is expecting in FQ1 2014.