Apple Maps took around 80 percent of Google Maps' iOS traffic in one year

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 223
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I used to use nothing but Firefox, the last few versions though have been nothing short of garbage. I have never seen a browser freeze so often, even with just 5 tabs opened. I know the hatred for Google is strong here but Chrome is really the best browser, even on my iPad I prefer it. I use Opera on Windows 8 tablet, they have a beta version for Metro that's pretty great.

Firefox is also the last remaining major browser to not run each tab in its own process, so one misbehaving tab can take down all the others.

• Reply 222 of 223
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It is a memory hog when compared to other browsers but it has the most efficient memory management of them all. Does memory really matter, every device I own has more then enough memory except well maybe for my iPad, it still blows my mind that Apple considers 1GB as acceptable nowadays. Great CPU though, wow is it fast.

I work with a large variety of stuff, and sometimes run into fairly extreme pageouts. Even my notebook can handle a lot of this stuff when it comes to cpu brunt, yet it doesn't like to release ram. Once Mavericks stabilizes I'll try that. I'm on Lion at the moment. Xcode 5 doesn't seem ready yet, so I'm not that worried.