Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC One caught cheating in benchmarks again

Comments

• Reply 41 of 169
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    From cheated on benchmark tests? You expect a bunch of cheaters to catch other cheaters?

This isn't AppleOutsider.
  • Reply 42 of 169
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    They clearly think there is an upside that outweighs the downsides but I certainly don't see it. It might the just be immature programmers that think that also think that speeding for a few miles down an open highway is worth a ticket costing a few hundred dollars. I say this because it's not universally done across any vendor and there are clearly a lot more phones that don't employ this foolish technique, however it's almost always the higher-end and/or devices with the most mindshare coming out of the gate that have shown to be doped for the benchmark tests.

Could it be these tests a big deal outside of the US? Most people do not choose one phone over another because one can open a app a split second faster.
  • Reply 43 of 169

They did not cheat, it's called ondeman or poweruser settings on the Cpu, Gpu. When it detects intense applications and games it reaches maximum frequencies. Just like a 4WD, when it uses torque where and when.

Must say users in appleisider are so clueless and dumb. Anandtech users are much more critically more advanced, like appleinsider users to. Go knowledge your brain more befor posting nonsensical bogus posts.

Whats wrong when the Cpu, Gpu detects heavy loads? It's called smart programing. More like an advanced. Wouldn't you want something that can detect when thiers a lot of demanding tasks are opened or being active.

note 3 is the best also is one of the best in battery life 
  • Reply 44 of 169
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson Dur View Post

They did not cheat, it's called ondeman or poweruser settings on the Cpu, Gpu. When it detects intense applications and games it reaches maximum frequencies. Just like a 4WD, when it uses torque where and when.

Must say users in appleisider are so clueless and dumb. Anandtech users are much more critically more advanced, like appleinsider users to. Go knowledge your brain more befor posting nonsensical bogus posts.

Whats wrong when the Cpu, Gpu detects heavy loads? It's called smart programing. More like an advanced. Wouldn't you want something that can detect when thiers a lot of demanding tasks are opened or being active.

They got caught cheating and breaking the rules.

http://www.futuremark.com/support/benchmark-rules

The referee's decision is final, harden up and accept that no Android phone is a match for Apple's 5s with it's innovative 64bit processor, OS and software.

• Reply 45 of 169

how many of you can see the cpu and process that goes on on apple iPhone 

ohh you cant see anything that the system does 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7384/state-of-cheating-in-android-benchmarks

• Reply 46 of 169

innovation on 64 bit 

or the race to be the first to release it maybe you should do some research on 64bit mobile processing 

• Reply 47 of 169
    Wilson Dur = ddriver?
  • Reply 48 of 169
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Even allowing that this poster is clearly not a native English speaker, the irony of this post is spectacular. I strongly recommend that we all avail ourselves of this singular opportunity to knowledge our brains, before the inevitable fate soon befalls this intellectual behemoth and it joins the unfortunate legions of the banned.

• Reply 49 of 169
    Quote:

innovation on 64 bit 

or the race to be the first to release it maybe you should do some research on 64bit mobile processing 

OK, I'll just pop down to a store and buy one then, let's see...

1. Apple iPhone 5s

Can you give me a hand, I'm stuck with only one option?

• Reply 50 of 169
    Boy has Samsung been taking a beating the last half of 2013.

- Obama VETO'd their injunction against Apple.
    - Apple's own injunction against Samsung was upheld.
    - On appeal Apple gets another chance at an injunction on the Apple/Samsung trial.
    - Apple had their main multitouch patent all but confirmed by the USPTO after reexamination.
    - They gave to pay Apple another $290 million.
    - They lost on their pathetic attempt at a stay in the same retrial.
    - They got caught sharing confidential Nokia/Apple info and look to get sanctioned.
    - In pre-trial hearings over next Springs trial Apple has been dominating Samsung.
    - Got caught cheating once, then again.
    - Got delisted and shamed by Futuremark.
    - Got caught paying bloggers to post fake reviews. More than once.
    - Got caught trying to enlist developers to AstroTurf for them.

Did I miss any?

Edited: I mean 2013.
  • Reply 51 of 169
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Boy has Samsung been taking a beating the last half of 2012.

- Obama VETO'd their injunction against Apple.

- Apple's own injunction against Samsung was upheld.

- On appeal Apple gets another chance at an injunction on the Apple/Samsung trial.

- Apple had their main multitouch patent all but confirmed by the USPTO after reexamination.

- They gave to pay Apple another $290 million.

- They lost on their pathetic attempt at a stay in the same retrial.

- They got caught sharing confidential Nokia/Apple info and look to get sanctioned.

- In pre-trial hearings over next Springs trial Apple has been dominating Samsung.

- Got caught cheating once, then again.

- Got delisted and shamed by Futuremark.

- Got caught paying bloggers to post fake reviews. More than once.

- Got caught trying to enlist developers to AstroTurf for them.

Did I miss any?

Sued by Dyson for stealing vacuum cleaner designs.

At least their chairman hasn't been convicted of anything recently, so he doesn't need a pardon from the government Samsung owns.

• Reply 52 of 169

yes you are so perfect because you own a iphone 

• Reply 53 of 169
    Quote:

yes you are so perfect because you own a iphone 

i own a galaxy s4 too don't use it though because it's junk

i also have punctuation and caps keys and not using them just like you

• Reply 54 of 169
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

i own a galaxy s4 too don't use it though because it's junk

i also have punctuation and caps keys and not using them just like you

im sorry but what can the iphone do that you cant do on the s4 

you cant make call, text,browse the web or something 

• Reply 55 of 169
    Quote:

you cant make call, text,browse the web or something

Run 64 bit Apps, of which there is a growing list available that offer real and tangible benefits that no Android device can enjoy.

• Reply 56 of 169
    Quote:

Run 64 bit Apps, of which there is a growing list available that offer real and tangible benefits that no Android device can enjoy.

wow that alot 

• Reply 57 of 169
    Quote:

wow that alot

Plus my daughters can mix down 32 tracks of digital audio into a 2 track master. Android is so useless in this regard it can't properly handle 2 tracks of audio, let alone 4, 8, 16 or more. Nor can Android handle MIDI.

• Reply 58 of 169
    wilson dur wrote: »

Allow me to buy a new iPhone a year later with nothing out of pocket.

Allow me to have a battery that lasts all day without having to micro-manage services, offer an excessively large battery or under-throttle apps (except in benchmarks) in order to achieve this goal.

Allow me to only ever power-cycle my phone when there is an update instead of several times a day.

Allow me to get a device from a carrier that isn't riddled with 3rd-party crapware.

Allow the best developers and best apps (usually first) because it offers the best SDK and App Store.
  • Reply 59 of 169
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    How can they tell if it's boosting specs for benchmarks only? Could it be that it is boosting for all graphic and CPU intensive applications?
  • Reply 60 of 169
    Quote:

Plus my daughters can mix down 32 tracks of digital audio into a 2 track master. Android is so useless in this regard it can't properly handle 2 tracks of audio, let alone 4, 8, 16 or more. Nor can Android handle MIDI. You want to keep going? I can do this all day, troll.

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

do some research b4 you talk bs 

android has more support of both video and audio right out the box unlike ios