Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 151
    chiachia Posts: 714member
    vaporland wrote: »
    My point was, when someone says "I'm from 'x'", it's fairly dickish to say 'no you aren't' when you've never even left moms basement or grad school.

It's so pointless ignorant and trolling and only reflects the ignorance of the person saying "he can't be from there it doesn't exist anymore" - and they then proceed to tell me how things were there, when they never were there and the other person was there.

It's ironic you accuse me of ignorance when all of what you state about me is factually incorrect yet you state it as if it were true.

You continue with your personal attacks on me, in contrast I was not attacking gabberattack personally per se, merely seeking to clarify, one aspect of his account that, to me, seemed a touch incongruous.

I think friends and family will find your false assertions that I've not been to those places most amusing.

You don't know me.
  • Reply 142 of 151
    j4zb4j4zb4 Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

The fact that you can even compare Bin Laden's role in Afghanistan with Mandela's in his South Africa is simply amazing to me.

With that, I'm done discussing this.

How did Osama land into this thread...? Lol... He is a totally different story... He was a byproduct of the cold war... Funded and made strong by the CIA... And then intelligently used at the end... I think we shouldn't go that way...

• Reply 143 of 151
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

Why???

• Reply 144 of 151
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

This is yet another bad decision taken by Apple.

Apple should stay out of politics.

Even though I'm not on the oh-so-edgy "let's bash Mandala" bandwagon, I agree.  As a technology company, they should be celebrating innovators and creativity.  Leave political commentary for others. 

Maybe they should make it a weekly feature, kind of like the Google Doodle.  I think they could find 52 innovative people a year to feature.   Put them on the front page on Monday, and have them featured on the menu bar throughout the week.  Lots of free publicity  Today's Doodle is actually the kind of person Apple should be celebrating.

• Reply 145 of 151
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    . . .

Excellent point! Concise, to the point, I like it.

+3
  • Reply 146 of 151
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    vaporland wrote: »
    My point was, when someone says "I'm from 'x'", it's fairly dickish to say 'no you aren't' when you've never even left moms basement or grad school.

It's so pointless ignorant and trolling and only reflects the ignorance of the person saying "he can't be from there it doesn't exist anymore" - and they then proceed to tell me how things were there, when they never were there and the other person was there.

chia wrote: »
    It's ironic you accuse me of ignorance when all of what you state about me is factually incorrect yet you state it as if it were true.

You continue with your personal attacks on me, in contrast I was not attacking gabberattack personally per se, merely seeking to clarify, one aspect of his account that, to me, seemed a touch incongruous.

I think friends and family will find your false assertions that I've not been to those places most amusing.

You don't know me.

At this point there is no point in either one of you engaging the other on this topic. I suggest just letting this thread go and we can start up again shortly in another thread. There's plenty of miscommunication to go around. :D
  • Reply 147 of 151
    There's plenty of miscommunication to go around. :D

And poor marketing!

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 148 of 151
    philboogie wrote: »

That's crazy but I bet it's boilerplate stuff from lawyers, including Apple's.
  • Reply 149 of 151
    That's crazy but I bet it's boilerplate stuff from lawyers, including Apple's.

True, but Apple earlier just gave him a new iPhone. The same model. Samsung didn't.
  • Reply 150 of 151
    philboogie wrote: »
    True, but Apple earlier just gave him a new iPhone. The same model. Samsung didn't.

True, but consider Apple's volume for a particular model type and their mindshare. It behooves Apple to switch out such issues as quickly and smoothly as possible to help prevent any lawsuits, especially of the class action variety, to help mitigate any unwanted media attention. As we all know, anything Apple gets reported fast and hard — like someone being electrocuted in China due to a cheap charger and getting out of the shower wet just because an Apple product was mentioned somewhere — but with other vendors it tends it rarely ever becomes a big deal.

I would also say Apple's policy is much more streamlined to have defective devices replaced quickly but I'd also think a big part of that is because they know they have all the media focus on them at all times.
  • Reply 151 of 151
    ascii wrote: »
    Tim Cook has a picture of Martin Luther King in his office supposedly.

Confirmed by Tim himself:

[VIDEO]