First Look: Typo Bluetooth keyboard case for iPhone 5 and 5s [u]

Comments

• Reply 61 of 83
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

evidently very popular with users.

Is it? You’re sure? I’m sure that a working iBooks would affect more users than a broken keyboard option.

• Reply 62 of 83
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Of course it's popular. It's widely praised.

So let's see... a keyboard that is known to be popular being added as a system-wide usability option onto hundreds of millions of iDevices, or an update to a reading app on 50 million devices (that are a fairly poor reading environment), that corrects some unusual behaviour affecting some users?

Yeah right. Your priorities are completely rational and not at all self-serving.
  • Reply 63 of 83
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Of course it's popular. It's widely praised.

That doesn’t follow, but you know that.

• Reply 64 of 83
    What kind of stupid semantic point are you trying to make now? Find me the complaints about it. Go on. Or just shut up, you're so tiresome with this dogma.
  • Reply 65 of 83

You throw a swipey keyboard and Tasker on iOS, and I'd be happy bouncing between an iPhone and an Android all day long. No religion for me in phones. Again, even just unlocking the keyboard for replacement by an app -- that might even be a big help for accessibility reasons (though I'm not current on what's already available in that arena).

• Reply 66 of 83

What kind of stupid semantic point are you trying to make now?

That your assumption doesn’t follow. Try to keep up.

Find me the complaints about it. Go on.

Find me the relevancy. I’m glad you’re getting tired; saves me the trouble.

• Reply 67 of 83
    If it wasn't popular, why would it be praised so widely? To the point where Android users come onto Apple forums to gloat about it, no less.
    if it is unpopular, then there will be complaints. I have not seen any, beyond your snark (I doubt you've ever used it tbh).

My "assumption" (?) follows just fine.

Find you the... relevancy? To your own argument? Wtf are you even talking about now?

The trouble of being tiresome is all yours, and you're making a valiant effort to stretch it out as long as possible.
  • Reply 68 of 83

If it wasn't popular, why would it be praised so widely?

Why do widely praised television shows get canceled? Because praise ? popularity.

To the point where Android users come onto Apple forums to gloat about it, no less.

Apple receives more praise than Android, yet the latter pushes more units. You’ve destroyed your own statement.

My "assumption" (?) follows just fine.

Again, no.

The trouble of being tiresome is all yours, and you're making a valiant effort to stretch it out as long as possible.

It’s easy. “Forget it, I was wrong.” Can’t be that hard to type.

• Reply 69 of 83
    Why do widely praised television shows get canceled? Because praise ? popularity.

Apple receives more praise than Android, yet the latter pushes more units. You’ve destroyed your own statement.
    You're blustering again. Swype is active on hundreds of millions of Android devices; it's popular in terms of quantity deployed. It is also widely praised by users and reviewers; it's popular in terms of reception.

You're trying to use semantic confusion about the multiple readings of the word "popular" to manufacture an argument. Unfortunately, Swype fulfills all definitions.

So no, I'm not wrong, you just know nothing about Swype, except that Apple didn't invent it so you don't want it.

Btw, I've never used Swype either, I have no idea if I'd like it, but I'm not such a tool for Apple than I'm opposed to being offered it as an option, especially since whatever recent changes they applied to the current Apple keyboard are causing me problems.
  • Reply 70 of 83

Swype is active on hundreds of millions of Android devices; it's popular in terms of quantity deployed.

What is this, an old format SAT? Not only is your initial premise–that praise = popularity–wrong, now you’re claiming that “popularity” = praise! :no::wow:

News flash: If all Zorblops are Dimples, not all Dimples are Zorblops. 

Btw, I’ve never used Swype either…

Keep your “eithers” to yourself. Try using the software before dismissing it.

“Does that mean you…” 

YES, I’VE USED IT, YOU INSUFFERABLE BIRD. DO YOU THINK I’M AN IDIOT? Why would I hate something I’ve never used?! Why would I argue against Swype’s inclusion in iOS without stating a separate personal belief on the software if I didn’t think it was terrible? It’s not something that Apple would add to their OS. This isn’t Finder Tabs we’re talking about here–a good idea they didn’t add for whatever reason. 

“At lengt…”

On the recommendation of a friend, I tried it out for several hours for a variety of tasks; yes, I’ve used it at length. As Steve would have said, “It’s shit.”

Now for you to claim that my reference to Steve Jobs invalidates my personal belief.

• Reply 71 of 83
    You've lost me. What are you claiming "popularity" is? My understanding is that for something to be popular it has to be liked by a significant population.

Swype is widely installed, so it checks the population box, and is often praised, so it checks the liked box. What others boxes do you want to be checked?

Not going to respond in detail to the rest of your rant, I don't really believe you anyway, as you've often shown yourself to be disingenuous, loose with the facts, and hysterical with half-baked opinions.
  • Reply 72 of 83

What are you claiming "popularity" is?

Nope. It’s what you claimed.

My understanding is that for something to be popular it has to be liked by a significant population.

So why would you have said “It’s popular in terms of quantity deployed” if you actually believed this, then?

…I don’t really believe you anyway…

That’s rich. So why would you even reply to me if everything I say is a lie? Come off it.

• Reply 73 of 83
    Nope. It’s what you claimed.
    Not sure how that's supposed to be an answer to my question. What are you saying I claimed?
    So why would you have said “It’s popular in terms of quantity deployed” if you actually believed this, then?
    Because it's half the equation, significant population (quantity deployed) like it (praise). Really not sure why you're not getting it.
    That’s rich. So why would you even reply to me if everything I say is a lie? Come off it.
    I reply because I'm bored. I didn't say everything you say is a lie, I'm just sceptical of most of it, especially when you start ranting in all caps.

Are you seriously doubting my sincerity when I say I don't believe you? That's bizarre.
  • Reply 74 of 83

What are you saying I claimed?

You can read. Hit up the actual post in which this stuff was said if you’ve already forgotten.

Because it's half the equation, significant population (quantity deployed) like it (praise). Really not sure why you're not getting it.

Because you haven’t posted any stats as to the size of the Swype rollout or the approval of said userbase.

Are you seriously doubting my sincerity when I say I don't believe you?

Well, it seems idiotic to reply to someone you don’t trust to say the truth. I’m not questioning your intelligence, if that’s your actual question, but it seems idiotic.

• Reply 75 of 83
    You can read. Hit up the actual post in which this stuff was said if you’ve already forgotten.

Because you haven’t posted any stats as to the size of the Swype rollout or the approval of said userbase.
    Really don't know why I bother when you never prove anything, I guess i'm just better than you.

http://mobile.pcmag.com/?origref=http%3A%2F%2Fen.m.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSwype#!/article/5177fd9f93e8e4bf7800a81b-swype-ditches-beta-tags-lands-in-google-play
    500 million installations, according to Nuance.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.swype.dtc
    4 star average rating from >30,000 ratings, and 45,000 separate recommendations.

It. Is. Popular.
  • Reply 76 of 83

4 star average rating from >30,000 ratings, and 45,000 separate recommendations.

500,000 to 1,000,000 installs and that many ratings. ‘Kay.

• Reply 77 of 83
    Ratings and reviews are always low volume in comparison to installs. But you know that of course, you're just trying to muddy the issue.

Lots of users. Average 4 star rating. Popular. We're done.
  • Reply 78 of 83

Ratings and reviews are always low volume in comparison to installs. But you know that of course, you're just trying to muddy the issue.

Lots of users. Average 4 star rating. Popular. We’re done.

Magical.

It isn’t happening.

I told you why it isn’t happening in the exact same post in which I told you it isn’t happening.

All you can do is whine about it.

• Reply 79 of 83
    Whine about what? Adding Swype wasn't my suggestion, I just want Apple to do something to fix the current poor keyboard performance. In-house, out-of-house, I don't care.

You're the one whining about "Apple wouldn't do this, Apple wouldn't do that, Apple don't allow choice or configuration, Swype isn't even popular, I know all these things because I know Apple so much more than you do".

Boring. Just shut up.
  • Reply 80 of 83

I just want Apple to do something to fix the current poor keyboard performance. 

Six years of using two keyboard sizes (four, if we’re counting both orientations on both devices), and not once have they performed poorly.

Use your own logic. Apple’s keyboard is popular by virtue of being widespread, therefore it’s praised. Or going just by reviews themselves. I’ll bet you far fewer people complain than don’t.