Apple's Schiller 'unfollows' Tony Fadell and Nest after Google acquisition

1235789

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 162
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,328member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by saltyzip View Post

     
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post





    Honestly, is there a "Troll Waiting Area" that has jerks like you coming out of an assembly area?  Apple will publish their quarterly reports, once again throw pie in your face and of those of your ilk, and then you'll simply either:





    a) Spin the story (i.e. "lie") to make it sound like remotely had a (false) clue you knew what you were talking about



    b) Scurry to the back of the room and pretend to look interested in a potted plant so no one calls you on your rubbish

    c) b And c and sit patiently by your basement door in the hopes mommy brings down your dinner early.  




    Why not counteract my arguments rather than replying in a childish way?

     

    Probably because you didn't make any arguments - you merely insulted Schiller, made a bunch of ridiculous assertions, and then regurgitated the usual troll memes regarding walled Apple gardens and open, benevolent Google. Your post didn't actually deserve a response at all, but TS nicely summed up what most of us thought of it.

  • Reply 82 of 162
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    Tony Fadell didn't invent 'smart' thermostats and smoke detectors. And the design for both was outsourced to a 3rd party design firm. Honestly I'll bet a lot of people bought it just because of the sleek design. I mean if it looked like your typical beige box would Apple have featured it in their stores? Anyway rumors are Honeywell was coming after Nest so I'm not surprised Fadell wanted to be gobbled up by someone with deep pockets.



    As far as Fadell being as good as Steve Jobs, if he was all that why would Steve have let him go in the first place? Why didn't Steve offer Fadell the SVP of devices job instead of bringing on Mark Papermaster? If Fadell was so valuable shouldn't Steve have offered him any price to stay at Apple? Perhaps he wasn't as valuable as some think and the past week has been one big PR show by Google/Nest to have you think Fadell was Steve Jobs, Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk all wrapped up into one.

     

    It's like arguing with communications majors that they don't understand applied engineering. You'll never get through to them.

  • Reply 83 of 162
    muppetry wrote: »
    Probably because you didn't make any arguments - you merely insulted Schiller, made a bunch of ridiculous assertions, and then regurgitated the usual troll memes regarding walled Apple gardens and open, benevolent Google. Your post didn't actually deserve a response at all, but TS nicely summed up what most of us thought of it.
    So what is factually incorrect, Schiller didn't insult Instagram then and now taken a subtle jibe at nest owners?

    Because that is fact baby, and in my books that makes him a snob. Tim cook is just as bad saying "we're not into the junk market" so who is he insulting with this statement, windows phone users, Android users, blackberry user, everyone bar Apple users?
  • Reply 84 of 162
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saltyzip View Post



    This Schiller is a typical Apple snob executive, he tried to humiliate Instagram by publicly insulting the company after they created an Android app. Now in a more subtle way he is doing the same to Nest. Business people know to grow a product it needs to appeal to the mass market, making it exclusive to Apple is just a ridiculous concept. Google believes in open standards and alliances and can use the expertise in Nest to drive these to define the smart homes of the future, which will benefit all, not just Apple users.



    Google should be congratulated as from what I see, they are certainly making our lives better, more than anything I've seen from Apple in a long while.



    Apple won't invest in adapted contact lenses to help diabetes sufferers because they would only work for iPhone users, this would be seen as unethical.



    This walled garden approach will only continue while develops keep supporting it, and that's why the stock is going to continue on shaky ground. It's not about the hardware anymore.

    This is about as wrong a person could be in this short of a blurb. Congrats at being the worst at being right!

     

    Google should have been shut down and the entire board thrown in jail after the street view / private data theft escapade...but we'll just pretend they're "helping people". That's better.

  • Reply 85 of 162
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

     

     

    It's like arguing with communications majors that they don't understand applied engineering. You'll never get through to them.


    I'm just amazed how in the span of a week Tony Fadell has become the next Steve Jobs. All because of a sleek looking expensive thermostat designed by Fred Bould.

  • Reply 86 of 162
    Why is this news?

    It's weekend forum fodder.
  • Reply 87 of 162
    Originally Posted by saltyzip View Post

    The truth

     

     

    Nah, just stop posting here.

  • Reply 88 of 162
    So will I need to log into google+ to change my thermostat settings now?
  • Reply 89 of 162
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,687member
    saltyzip wrote: »
    So what is factually incorrect, Schiller didn't insult Instagram then and now taken a subtle jibe at nest owners?

    Because that is fact baby, and in my books that makes him a snob. Tim cook is just as bad saying "we're not into the junk market" so who is he insulting with this statement, windows phone users, Android users, blackberry user, everyone bar Apple users?

    Please...he's not insulting users. Where do you get that?

    Do you shop at Walmart, dollar stores, thrift shops? If you answer "no" to any of the above, you're a snob.
  • Reply 90 of 162
    Why is this news?

    Thank you. Why IS this news? No other worthwhile new around.
  • Reply 91 of 162
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by saltyzip View Post



    This Schiller is a typical Apple snob executive, he tried to humiliate Instagram by publicly insulting the company after they created an Android app. Now in a more subtle way he is doing the same to Nest. Business people know to grow a product it needs to appeal to the mass market, making it exclusive to Apple is just a ridiculous concept. Google believes in open standards and alliances and can use the expertise in Nest to drive these to define the smart homes of the future, which will benefit all, not just Apple users.



    Google should be congratulated as from what I see, they are certainly making our lives better, more than anything I've seen from Apple in a long while.



    Apple won't invest in adapted contact lenses to help diabetes sufferers because they would only work for iPhone users, this would be seen as unethical.



    This walled garden approach will only continue while develops keep supporting it, and that's why the stock is going to continue on shaky ground. It's not about the hardware anymore.

     

    Google believes in "open standards and alliances?" Is that so? In that case, why did they support Flash, which is 100% proprietary? Why was Maps on iOS so far behind Android's version of Google Maps while Apple was still with Google? If they believed in open standards and alliances, they would have let Apple implement turn-by-turn and other features that Android users enjoyed for years. They didn't think they were getting their fair share out of the deal. 

  • Reply 92 of 162

    what Apple should really try to buy is Bould Design Company. Bould teaming up with Ive would be great.

  • Reply 93 of 162
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,328member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by saltyzip View Post

     
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post



    Probably because you didn't make any arguments - you merely insulted Schiller, made a bunch of ridiculous assertions, and then regurgitated the usual troll memes regarding walled Apple gardens and open, benevolent Google. Your post didn't actually deserve a response at all, but TS nicely summed up what most of us thought of it.


    So what is factually incorrect, Schiller didn't insult Instagram then and now taken a subtle jibe at nest owners?



    Because that is fact baby, and in my books that makes him a snob. Tim cook is just as bad saying "we're not into the junk market" so who is he insulting with this statement, windows phone users, Android users, blackberry user, everyone bar Apple users?

     

    So you regard the fact that he deleted his Instagram account and stopped following Fadell on Twitter as insulting, and that it makes him a snob. Well no, that just makes you either strangely over-sensitive or, more likely, just a mindless parrot of the Android community snob claims made back in April. The latter, I suspect.

     

    Tim Cook was commenting on the junk market. If you believe yourself to be part of it then go ahead and feel insulted. You won't find any sympathy here. 

  • Reply 94 of 162
    muppetry wrote: »
    So you regard the fact that he deleted his Instagram account and stopped following Fadell on Twitter as insulting, and that it makes him a snob. Well no, that just makes you either strangely over-sensitive or, more likely, just a mindless parrot of the Android community snob claims made back in April. The latter, I suspect.

    I agree. People unfollow people all the time on twitter. ALL THE TIME. It's not even newsworthy let alone "an insult". If he wanted to insult someone, you would know it.

    I just chalk it up to another case of hate from the haters.
  • Reply 95 of 162
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 4,612member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saltyzip View Post





    Why not counteract my arguments rather than replying in a childish way?



    You're posting all nonsense and lies, and try masquerading it as "arguments"?  Now that's funny.  Come up with an actual, bonafide argument and we'll discuss.  Based on all your prior posts, I won't hold my breath.  You're not worth the effort.  I'm sure you're used to people telling you that.

     

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

     

     

    Probably because you didn't make any arguments - you merely insulted Schiller, made a bunch of ridiculous assertions, and then regurgitated the usual troll memes regarding walled Apple gardens and open, benevolent Google. Your post didn't actually deserve a response at all, but TS nicely summed up what most of us thought of it.




    That troll perfectly fit my prior post of reason "A".  Honestly, the quality of trolls nowadays has really gone downhill.

  • Reply 96 of 162
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    justp1ayin wrote: »
    what Apple should really try to buy is Bould Design Company. Bould teaming up with Ive would be great.
    I'm sure they could poach designers from it if they wanted to.
  • Reply 97 of 162
    danoxdanox Posts: 386member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    i guess this is what 9to5Mac thinks is hard hitting journalism. Mark Gurman is already whining on twitter because others are reporting this without giving him credit. As if it's so difficult to check who someone follows on twitter (or that no one else would have thought to do what he did). image

     

    But these day's reporter's don't check much of anything.

  • Reply 98 of 162

    Mr. Schiller Is Da Man!

  • Reply 99 of 162
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    Interesting. As far as the Apple mention, I'm a bit skeptical that they use outside ID firms for any product design. Maybe for some model making, although I've seen job reqs for Model makers on Apple's site in the past, so my guess is Apple does that in house too.

    Apple has used outside design and engineering firms throughout its history. Lest we forget, Fadell started off that way.

  • Reply 100 of 162
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

     

    I'm just amazed how in the span of a week Tony Fadell has become the next Steve Jobs. All because of a sleek looking expensive thermostat designed by Fred Bould.


    Too many people mistake *design* as the most essential component of a product. It is one of the important components but is not the singular component responsible for the success of a product. But I understand that non-engineers and non-designers tend to buy into what the technorati writes.

     

    The Nest could be just as successful with a different design or any number of alternative designs. But if there was no concept for the Nest, would Bould have designed one with the same functionality?

Sign In or Register to comment.