Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola

Comments

• Reply 121 of 316
    arlorarlor Posts: 532member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

According to Tiobe, Java is now number 2 and at the current rate Objective-C will pass it to become the 2nd most popular programming language after C, of course, by Summer. 

What now? Objective-C is great stuff, but it gained 1.5% over the last 12 months, with Java losing 1%. They're still 6% apart. Even if the deltas continue, Objective-C won't pass Java for more than two years. 

• Reply 122 of 316
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    arlor wrote: »
    What now? Objective-C is great stuff, but it gained 1.5% over the last 12 months, with Java losing 1%. They're still 6% apart. Even if the deltas continue, Objective-C won't pass Java for more than two years. 

1) My bad, I saw February and thought it was month-to-month. That means it should overtake it in under 3 years at the current rate which is damn impressive considering where is started according to their 2009 and 2004 data.

2) You don't think its growth is impressive?
  • Reply 123 of 316
    starxdstarxd Posts: 128member
    Guess who wasn’t paid by Apple to write it.
    Guess who completely missed the topic of discussion.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.
  • Reply 124 of 316
    Holy tl;dr!
  • Reply 125 of 316
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    snova wrote: »
    guess who is encouraged to write more of the same when he gets the right kind of attention. Both good and bad.

its seems that just about every weekend, we get one of DED's editorials and the outcome seems pretty much consistent. 
    #1. Lots of people complimenting the article and thanking DED for a job well done.
    #2. A few people completely lose it and resorting to name calling, threatening to leave the web site, and other meaningless shenanigans.  

thats exactly what a successful editorial is designed to do. 

p.s. IMHO, pointing out typo's, grammar, word usage, and other pointless OCD mumbo jumbo is so petty.  lol.. who cares... Language is used to communicate a message. The editorials are obviously received and understood just fine as is. Job accomplished.

I see the opposite.

Deds paranoid article.
    Ditto heads agreeing and insulting Samdung or Anal-ists (get it?).
    Very reasonable arguments which demolish DEDs position.

It's pointless nonsense. If Samsung are paying off the world then so be it. Either Apple should do something about that by buying copy or, preferably, get into higher innovation gear.
  • Reply 126 of 316
    its interesting what pops up in a search engine when you type unusual phrases that people type.
    something that caught my eye, like:

"stacked to the gills" and "iPhone",  the expression is "packed to the gills". So when someone uses it wrong in a unique way it catches my eye.

just saying.

You, in fact, are wrong here. The core of the idiom is "... to the gills", whether stacked or packed is of no empirical consequence. The most prevalent form of the phrase is "stuffed to the gills". Stuffed, packed, or stacked, they're all fine, and "stacked to the gills" is not a Malapropism, or outright incorrect, as you suggest.

Just saying.
  • Reply 127 of 316
    p.s. IMHO, pointing out typo's, grammar, word usage, and other pointless OCD mumbo jumbo is so petty.  lol.. who cares... Language is used to communicate a message. The editorials are obviously received and understood just fine as is. Job accomplished.

How ironic, given your incorrect "... to the gills" assessment. You really undermine yourself on several levels.
  • Reply 128 of 316
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    You missed the point both times. Classic.
    You obvious have your own agenda. Go pick a fight over petty stuff, which have nothing to do with the main point. elsewhere. Or go kick the cat again if that makes you feel impowered and superior.
  • Reply 129 of 316
    I think that Reuters reporter Joseph Menn is better known as "that part which is located below the tail of a donkey". Unfortunately for Reuters, his "contributions" do that company no credit whatsoever and make people doubt the value and truthfulness of the rest of Reuter's reporting.
  • Reply 130 of 316
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    cobaltblue wrote: »
    You, in fact, are wrong here. The core of the idiom is "... to the gills", whether stacked or packed is of no empirical consequence. The most prevalent form of the phrase is "stuffed to the gills". Stuffed, packed, or stacked, they're all fine, and "stacked to the gills" is not a Malapropism, or outright incorrect, as you suggest.

Just saying.

Yep, you missed the point, I think. "Packed to the gills" makes little sense idiomatically when referring to your apartment and its Apple gear. I believe snova is implying that we're dealing with a Korean (paid) shill. That's the way I'd read the awkward usage, anyway.
  • Reply 131 of 316
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Just how many AI accounts do these people have? So many created many years ago and they all decide to make their 2nd or third post in this thread. Hostile at that. So odd.
  • Reply 132 of 316
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Dilger writes an article about widespread paid shills with little evidence.  Anyone who criticises the article is declared a paid shill with little evidence.

Just another day on AI.

• Reply 133 of 316
    Just how many AI accounts do these people have? So many created many years ago and they all decide to make their 2nd or third post in this thread. Hostile at that. So odd.

Samsung was anticipating this years ago?
  • Reply 134 of 316
    Why would Samsung pay people to be on AI? I am sure they have paid commentators on other tech sites- but here? Pointless.
  • Reply 135 of 316
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Why would Samsung pay people to be on AI? I am sure they have paid commentators on other tech sites- but here? Pointless.

Well, they pay them to spread FUD. Most posters (me included) post on multiple forums.

Apple websites are an excellent target, especially with guys like @TallestSkill.

• Reply 136 of 316
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Dilger writes an article about widespread paid shills with little evidence.  Anyone who criticises the article is declared a paid shill with little evidence.

Just another day on AI.

Samsung (Korea) killed a person (Europe) in cold blood! how you gonna defend that?

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/16/workers-at-samsung-display-in-slovakia-treated-horribly/

criticises this!

• Reply 137 of 316
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    asdasd wrote: »
    I see the opposite.

Deds paranoid article.
    Ditto heads agreeing and insulting Samdung or Anal-ists (get it?).
    Very reasonable arguments which demolish DEDs position.

It's pointless nonsense. If Samsung are paying off the world then so be it. Either Apple should do something about that by buying copy or, preferably, get into higher innovation gear.
    Get into higher innovation gear? WTF does that mean? How do you know what Apple is working on right now? Or do you mean throw more shit at the wal to see what sticks and then call it innovation?
  • Reply 138 of 316
    Well, they pay them to spread FUD. Most posters (me included) post on multiple forums.
    Apple websites are an excellent target, especially with guys like @TallestSkill.

I can tell those guys and I don't see them here. They tend to have English as a second language ( noticeably unlike here) and say stuff like.

Samsung 5 will kill Apple, Apple lose innovation! See link!

That kinda shite. Of course they may not be paid either - might be patriotic.
  • Reply 139 of 316
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMember View Post

Samsung (Korea) killed a person (Europe) in cold blood! how you gonna defend that?

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/16/workers-at-samsung-display-in-slovakia-treated-horribly/

criticises this!

1. Why would anyone try and defend an unverified rumour with almost no specific detail?

2. Why would I defend Samsung at all?  Despite the rampant paranoia here, I don't work for them.  I suspect the vast majority on this forum, and possibly all, don't either.

3. Even if you believe the rumour, they didn't "kill" anyone "in cold blood".  Negligence and callousness do not equate to murder. No one needs to defend Samsung against a fraudulent accusation.

• Reply 140 of 316
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

1. Why would anyone try and defend an unverified rumour with almost no specific detail?

2. Why would I defend Samsung at all?  Despite the rampant paranoia here, I don't work for them.  I suspect the vast majority on this forum, and possibly all, don't either.

3. Even if you believe the rumour, they didn't "kill" anyone "in cold blood".  Negligence and callousness do not equate to murder. No one needs to defend Samsung against a fraudulent accusation.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMember View Post

criticises this!

Wow seriously you actually defending this? so its a rumor because it din't maded on Tv? this is the internet this were you get the real news! and yes i was wrong this is worst than killing someone cold blood