Apple retail store sales decline as consumers wait for new products

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 90
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I never really understand people that complain about things that they can never change. I prefer to complain about things that can be remedied, cold food, warm beer, bad service, etc...anything else is a waste of time.

And we still post here. :D
  • Reply 82 of 90
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    I never really understand people that complain about things that they can never change. I prefer to complain about things that can be remedied, cold food, warm beer, bad service, etc...anything else is a waste of time.

Good thinking. Take the weather: so often, forecasters apologise for bad weather, as though they're somehow culpable! Why can't they just guess what's going to happen with no emotion attached? It's the same for good weather. It all has to be touchy-feely, spirit of the age and all that crap. BAH, HUMBUG.
  • Reply 83 of 90
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Good thinking. Take the weather: so often, forecasters apologise for bad weather, as though they're somehow culpable! Why can't they just guess what's going to happen with no emotion attached? It's the same for good weather. It all has to be touchy-feely, spirit of the age and all that crap. BAH, HUMBUG.

People take the weather forecast as gospel. Every once in awhile mother nature throws a curve ball. If I remember correctly you're a Brit, what saying would be proper for you since curve ball is a baseball reference?
  • Reply 84 of 90
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    People take the weather forecast as gospel. Every once in awhile mother nature throws a curve ball. If I remember correctly you're a Brit, what saying would be proper for you since curve ball is a baseball reference?

Throws a googly. It's derived from cricket.
  • Reply 85 of 90
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    I think a lot of people have forgotten the importance of Christmas to retail, and how Apple was previously conceding Christmas for the iPad, for example, by updating just afterwards - are you going to buy your niece last year's iPad?
  • Reply 86 of 90
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

As Will Rodgers once said:  "Everyone talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it".

• Reply 87 of 90
    lorin schultzlorin schultz Posts: 2,771member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

2) I'll put any current Mac against other previous Mac you want. You tell me how the old Mac is better than the new Mac in its class.

Just playing Devil's Advocate:

iMac: Previous generation had better heat dissipation allowing use of bigger, faster hard drives. This would not be an issue in an SSD world, but we're not all the way there yet, and what IS there is still comparatively expensive, resulting in the amusing stop-gap measure called the Fusion drive. The drives could also be accessed without specialized tools and/or expertise in the old design.

Mac mini: Gained only a tick of speed and power efficiency while losing dedicated GPU for a very "meh" integrated alternative.

The trade-offs resulting from the iMac redesign have been argued to death and I'm not suggesting we rehash them here, I'm just using it as an example of how, depending on your priorities, it could be perceived as worse than its predecessor.

Oh, and I missed one -- the MacBook Pro. The old one came in a 17" version. ;)

• Reply 88 of 90
    ajxiajxi Posts: 1member
    They need to introduce new products or overhaul existing ones. These minor evolutions aren't going to be enough for much longer. Stagnation is not an option.
  • Reply 89 of 90
    daveinpublicdaveinpublic Posts: 633member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Yes, Apple is DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is bad for Apple isn’t it in your eyes. Gloom and doom is the rule of the day.

Wow - overreaction.

• Reply 90 of 90
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by AJXI View Post

They need to introduce new products or overhaul existing ones. These minor evolutions aren't going to be enough for much longer. Stagnation is not an option.

Could you just take the FUD to some other website, please?