Rumored 'iPhone 6' dummy compared to iPhone 5s as more alleged 3D renders leak online

Comments

• Reply 41 of 168
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

Someone needs to loose their Job for all these leaks

I think it's loose enough already.

• Reply 42 of 168
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    jimbo1mcm wrote: »
    Ah, how easy it is to assume things incorrectly. Thank you for your perspective, however, I have owned an Iphone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, an Ipad 1,2,3 and currently have an Ipad Air. I also have an Imac and Mac Mini and am typing this on a Retina Macbook pro, not to mention 4 Apple Tv's. So, why don't you stop being so critical and look at the problem objectively.

What a surprising response. :rolleyes:

Why have an iPad Air, iMac, Mac mini, or Apple TV? Plenty of other devices out there with better specs...
  • Reply 43 of 168
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Physically impossible and worthless for use.

It might be worthless and drain the battery, but why do you claim that it's physically impossible?

• Reply 44 of 168
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    It might be worthless and drain the battery, but why do you claim that it's physically impossible?
    It's not physically impossible. Of course, you'd have to remove the battery or make one with an apple-shaped hole. So you might get an hour of battery life? ;)
  • Reply 45 of 168
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

All a light has to be to be full-spectrum is provide three points (red, green, and blue) that define a blackbody curve. 

Can we agree on this definition for full-spectrum, instead of yours?

From Wikipedia:

"Full-spectrum" is not a technical term when applied to an electrical light bulb but rather a marketing term implying that the product emulates natural light.[1]

Color temperature and Color Rendering Index (CRI) are the standards for measuring light. There is no technical definition of "full-spectrum" so it cannot be measured.

• Reply 46 of 168
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I think it's loose enough already.

He's just a sore looser.

• Reply 47 of 168
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,625member

All these mockups are fine, but they tell us nothing about what Apple will do with the final screen resolution for either the 4.7" or the 5.5" version (if the 5.5" is even an iPhone.  It could be an iPod touch or ipad nano).

Leaks Schmeaks.

• Reply 48 of 168
    alexisalexis Posts: 82member
    How pissed are people and investors going to be if all of these rumors are completely wrong and the next iPhone only has a 4" screen like it does now??

I mean, I'm up for an upgrade so this fall, I'm getting one, but I'm not going to be disappointed, personally, if the screen size doesn't change, but I think the tech pundits will.

The neatest rendering of an iPhone 6 that I saw and liked had a screen that literally went to the edges and you could see the edge of the screen on the side of hte device. I'm curious (because I'm not an engineer), is that even possible? I'll try to find the picture and post it in here. :-)
  • Reply 49 of 168
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post

...Why don't you stop being so critical and look at the problem objectively.

I think we might have a fundamental disagreement over what constitutes objectivity. Your definition in this case appears to revolve around a comparison of specs between the iPhone and competing products. (Not even all specs, mind you, but a narrow focus on screen size, as if a larger screen automatically determines the better phone for all users.)

I reject this out of hand because for folk like myself, the overall ecosystem and user experience (which make a very big difference in my enjoyment of the product) are far more important than any individual specs (which may not.)

Even if a larger screen were a priority for me (and I can understand how it might be for others) I would never consider a Samsung or even another Android product based on such a feature. And the reason is because it would mean giving up all the other things I value: elegantly simple design, quality of materials and finish, a smooth, responsive user interface, solid security, ease of use, seamless interaction with my other devices, and trust in a company that prioritizes my satisfaction over that of their business partners, whose interests may directly conflict with mine. 

• Reply 50 of 168
    nikiloknikilok Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DimMok View Post

Please Apple have the Apple logo light up on the back of the iPhone 6, like the MacBook Pros. That would be so cool.

Lame ! That would worsen the battery even more...

• Reply 51 of 168
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    I'm very skeptical about these iPhone renderings. First the iPhone 4 and 5 are much more beautiful than this design. It doesn't even come close to these in terms of aesthetics.
    You can't tell until the actual device ships.
    But most telling is the flash. "True Tone" dual-LED flash is used on the 5s. I can't see Apple taking a step backwards with this single LED flash. Perhaps it's an pod touch design?
    A "single" LED doesn't imply that it can't be operated with different tone biases. Or the could do something different like stacking the LEDs. Just because the obvious indicator of the feature is gone doesn't mean that the capability is gone.
  • Reply 52 of 168
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterbob View Post

A lot of iPhone fanboy thumbs are going to get magically longer this fall.

In all seriousness this looks awesome. I've been waiting for the iPhone to get bigger. Depending if apple fixes app linking in iOS 8 this might be might first iPhone since the iPhone 4. Bring it I'm ready apple.

That's so completely weird to me. In the 1990s everyone wanted smaller, thinner phones. Now everyone wants IMAX-sized phones.

• Reply 53 of 168
    rogifan wrote: »
    Not digging the wide painted lines on the back. I'm hoping the final product doesn't have that.
    It is a model somebody whipped out on a CNC machine.
    Or the removal of the chamfered edges. Even the buttons appear to be missing chamfers. Everything looks like a step down from something luxurious.
    Oh come on! First this isn't the final product. Second what is luxurious? Taking the dictionaries definition it does look like a comfortable device. Unfortunately a comfortable device few will buy because it is too big.

And this same site also has a leak of a black/slate model which seems odd considering Apple replaced the slate model with space gray with the 5S. Unless they found a way to produce a black case that doesn't easily show scuffs and scratches?

20 milliseconds after most people buy an iPhone they have the device stuffed in a case!! Often the color of the iPhone means nothing to the owner because it will end up being anything from pink to camo.
  • Reply 54 of 168
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexis View Post

How pissed are people and investors going to be if all of these rumors are completely wrong and the next iPhone only has a 4" screen like it does now??

I mean, I'm up for an upgrade so this fall, I'm getting one, but I'm not going to be disappointed, personally, if the screen size doesn't change, but I think the tech pundits will.

The neatest rendering of an iPhone 6 that I saw and liked had a screen that literally went to the edges and you could see the edge of the screen on the side of hte device. I'm curious (because I'm not an engineer), is that even possible? I'll try to find the picture and post it in here. :-)

At this point, yes, if Apple isn't living up to the expectations unfairly created by sketchy rumor sites and supposed leaked specs. It will probably mirror the wailing and gnashing of teeth that was heard across the tech blogosphere when Apple released the iPhone 4S instead of a fantasized larger "iPhone 5" three years ago. Of course, the 4S went on to become the best selling iPhone (at the time), which silenced the tech critics, who promptly went back to salivating over bigger, shinier Android phones with "1337 specs" and big benchmark scores.

To be fair to Apple (assuming you are interested in that at all), you have to treat this as just another mockup that's echoing other, previous unsubstantiated rumors. If you allow these fake pictures to set your expectations, you're bound to be disappointed, and to me, it sounds like where you are headed. The CEO of Hard Candy can tell you all about the risks of believing in rumored specs.

• Reply 55 of 168
    That's so completely weird to me. In the 1990s everyone wanted smaller, thinner phones. Now everyone wants IMAX-sized phones.

Wait a minute here, not everyone wants a bigger iPhone. Many of us are well aware that such a phone is a pain in the ass to keep with you 24/7. You have a small but vocal minority asking for these big phones. That desire for a big phone will melt away over time as people experience the negatives along with the positives.

Honestly I'd love to see a new iPhone 4 sized product from Apple.
  • Reply 56 of 168
    Fake look at the flash b
  • Reply 57 of 168
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,806member

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Wait a minute here, not everyone wants a bigger iPhone. Many of us are well aware that such a phone is a pain in the ass to keep with you 24/7. You have a small but vocal minority asking for these big phones. That desire for a big phone will melt away over time as people experience the negatives along with the positives.

Honestly I'd love to see a new iPhone 4 sized product from Apple.

I am sure you do, but I think Apple is aware that you are in the small minority. Your only choice for a 4" is likely to be the 5s reborn in plastic as the 6c. 

• Reply 58 of 168
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shocker915 View Post

Fake look at the flash b

Agreed. No one in their right mind would produce a round flash enclosure.

• Reply 59 of 168
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,625member
    Good point. If Apple is going to upsize its phones, which one will be the 6c (if there even is one). Would Apple update the 5c to be a 5cs? Would they have two iphone 6s, the 6 and the 6+? It's all a bit unfamiliar for us and impossible to predict.
  • Reply 60 of 168
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,240member
    I've reached the point where I don't care what the iPhone's profile looks like anymore, for two reasons.
    1. It inevitablely goes into a case so that it doesn't get destroyed at work.
    2. It's the software that makes the phone so useful and virtually indispensable.