Rumored 'iPhone 6' dummy compared to iPhone 5s as more alleged 3D renders leak online

Comments

• Reply 101 of 168
    vaporlandvaporland Posts: 358member
    More like the next samsung galaxy
  • Reply 102 of 168
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    [QUOTE name="SolipsismX" url="/t/179434/rumored-iphone-6-dummy-compared-to-iphone-5s-as-more-alleged-3d-renders-leak-online/80#post_2532129"]
    I doubt the people that tooled that device took 45 minutes to polish it up like in [URL=http://www.fastcocreate.com/3029744/this-is-the-most-boring-ad-youve-ever-seen-by-design]this Lecia video[/URL].[/QUOTE]

Ooh good find. The art of advertisement, taken to the next level.

It's a soothing sound. They strive for perfection. I like it. What happened around the 10'10'' mark was unexpected, made me think of [I]Friday the 13th.[/I] The area that gets the most brushes is where one places their fingertips, so that makes sense.

"Leica. Far from boring".
  • Reply 103 of 168
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

That may be, but I was responding to the poster who thought it could be an iPod.

Ah, I see. Yes, you're right. I was just pondering the possibiblity whether it could be an iPod instead of an iPhone. The current iPod doesn't have a mute switch, though never understood the reason for that. Would Apple release the next iPod with a mute switch? Perhaps not. Then, the renderings must be for an iPhone, and not an iPod.

• Reply 104 of 168
    ingsocingsoc Posts: 212member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

And kill battery life for no good reason.

Well, presumably it would be optional. :)

In terms of these mock-ups, I obviously can't say whether or not they are real. However, someone in this thread talked about them not looking good and so on...I did have a thought about that.

When I think back to the iPhone 5 and 5s leaks, I remember seeing the mock-ups and thinking that they didn't look good at all. I was very unimpressed.

But then when they finally revealed the phone - and especially when I saw it in person, with my own eyes? - very different story!

So even if these mock-ups are real, my thinking is that actually seeing the object in person will be very different anyway. I can imagine a sleek, lighter, slightly rounded phone looking and feeling good in person. We'll see, I guess.

• Reply 105 of 168
    Ah, I see. Yes, you're right. I was just pondering the possibiblity whether it could be an iPod instead of an iPhone. The current iPod doesn't have a mute switch, though never understood the reason for that. Would Apple release the next iPod with a mute switch? Perhaps not. Then, the renderings must be for an iPhone, and not an iPod.

I think the iPhone mute switch is mainly for muting calls & notifications, which the iPod touch doesn't have. Kind of a 'business phone option', that button.
  • Reply 106 of 168
    Quote:

I think the iPhone mute switch is mainly for muting calls & notifications, which the iPod touch doesn't have. Kind of a 'business phone option', that button.

True. But it is handy to be able to quickly hit the mute switch, isn't it, kind of like when you're watching TV, when you want to just quickly stop the sound. I play games a lot on my iPhone, so it comes in handy sometimes, usually when I'm out and about and don't want to offend people with my phone making a noise. I can use headphones of course too. It reminds me of Apple's remote - I wish that had such an option, rather than having to adjust the volume down to zero, then up again later. Just about every other TV remote has a mute button (but not Apple's basic one), though the aluminum design is pretty (form over function?). It's not a big deal, of course, but still it's nice to have a one click method for sound on and off. And with so many places having wi-fi, and apps such as Viber, the iPod is getting closer to being a possible, and cheaper, alternative to having a phone. I don't own an iPod touch, but I would miss that switch if I ever got one, I'm sure.

• Reply 107 of 168

Anyone else noticed that the headphone jack and Lightning port is smaller? Hope it's just placeholder and it uses normal size headphone jack and Lightning port. After all, iPod touch 5th gen has about same thickness as this rendering but no difference with port sizes.

• Reply 108 of 168
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by freediverx View Post

Apple patent application - advanced method of fingerprint identification embedded into a mobile device's display

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/18/apple-details-in-display-fingerprint-sensor-tech-in-patent-filing-from-authentec-cofounder

Apple files patent for camera hidden behind display

http://appleinsider.com/articles/09/01/08/apple_files_patent_for_camera_hidden_behind_display

This is awesome freediversx!

It would make the current 4" iPhone 5S as big as the 3.5" iPhone 4S.

Genius!

• Reply 109 of 168
    mr o wrote: »

Genius!

And that's all I ever wanted; a smaller iPhone. Still, there are many parts behind the screen, atop and beneath it, that many people simply ignore because they're only looking at the front:

• Reply 110 of 168

Oh, can't wait!!!

• Reply 111 of 168
    True. But it is handy to be able to quickly hit the mute switch, isn't it, kind of like when you're watching TV, when you want to just quickly stop the sound. I play games a lot on my iPhone, so it comes in handy sometimes, usually when I'm out and about and don't want to offend people with my phone making a noise. I can use headphones of course too. It reminds me of Apple's remote - I wish that had such an option, rather than having to adjust the volume down to zero, then up again later. Just about every other TV remote has a mute button (but not Apple's basic one), though the aluminum design is pretty (form over function?). It's not a big deal, of course, but still it's nice to have a one click method for sound on and off. And with so many places having wi-fi, and apps such as Viber, the iPod is getting closer to being a possible, and cheaper, alternative to having a phone. I don't own an iPod touch, but I would miss that switch if I ever got one, I'm sure.

A current workaround would be to yank out the headphone plug.
  • Reply 112 of 168

I have an awesome concept. It's called stop all the bullshit guessing and just let it be.

• Reply 113 of 168
    bill42bill42 Posts: 131member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

And kill battery life for no good reason.

Except as in the macbook's, the apple logo uses no electricity as it is simply a frosted rear window of the LCD screen and is lit up by the backlights already in use for the screen.

• Reply 114 of 168
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Not digging the wide painted lines on the back. I'm hoping the final product doesn't have that. Or the removal of the chamfered edges. Even the buttons appear to be missing chamfers. Everything looks like a step down from something luxurious. And this same site also has a leak of a black/slate model which seems odd considering Apple replaced the slate model with space gray with the 5S. Unless they found a way to produce a black case that doesn't easily show scuffs and scratches?

You continue to be a joke. Your opinions continue to scrape the bottom of the pool.

• Reply 115 of 168
    Quote:

Haha! That would do the opposite! Though plugging in my headphones isn't really a practical way to mute a device, with wires dangling around (of course, if I want sound without distracting others I could just wear the headphones, but I'm talking about if I don't want sound). Of course, "another workaround" is to hold the volume down button for several seconds (but my point is the convenience of quickly being able to mute and 'unmute' a device). Actually, have you seen those little devices (some are very creative using Disney characters and such) that can be inserted into the headphone jack? And one is very clever in that it works as an extra button too. It's called the Pressy.

• Reply 116 of 168
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mr O View Post

This is awesome freediversx!

Genius!

Yes, or they could add a bigger display while keeping the size of the 5S body the same.

Win-Win  ;)

• Reply 117 of 168
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

...or tap the power button once for silent, twice to reject call.

• Reply 118 of 168
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bill42 View Post

Except as in the macbook's, the apple logo uses no electricity as it is simply a frosted rear window of the LCD screen and is lit up by the backlights already in use for the screen.

Apart from all the stuff behind the screen, motherboard, battery, etc.

Which are under the keyboard on a macbook.

• Reply 119 of 168
    Haha! That would do the opposite! Though plugging in my headphones isn't really a practical way to mute a device, with wires dangling around (of course, if I want sound without distracting others I could just wear the headphones, but I'm talking about if I don't want sound). Of course, "another workaround" is to hold the volume down button for several seconds (but my point is the convenience of quickly being able to mute and 'unmute' a device). Actually, have you seen those little devices (some are very creative using Disney characters and such) that can be inserted into the headphone jack? And one is very clever in that it works as an extra button too. It's called the Pressy.

Doesn't the iPod stop playback when you unplug the phones anymore? My iPhone does, and it doesn't continue playing over th speaker. I don't know how the iPod touch behaves...still, that would only do it for music playback; you want a mute button and I guess the volume down button is the only way to go.

Didn't know about the Pressy, but when I searched for it the creators tell me it's so handy because I don't have to take at least 8 steps to turn on the flashlight. Fortunately for iPhone users it only takes 3 steps. But ok, you can configure the Pressy for many other things:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/556341540/pressy-the-almighty-android-button

hill60 wrote: »
    ...or tap the power button once for silent, twice to reject call.

Uuuuhm, the topic is the iPod touch, not an iPhone....
  • Reply 120 of 168
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Grey Silvy View Post

I have an awesome concept. It's called stop all the bullshit guessing and just let it be.

This is a rumor website. I guess you don’t understand that.