Rumor: Beats' Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre could take the stage at Apple's WWDC

Comments

• Reply 21 of 243
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Clearly influenced and seduced/fooled by Samsung propaganda, certain people have been claiming that Apple needs to be more cool. As if making the best computers and portable devices in the world isn't good enough. 

In response to this criticism, Apple has decided to embark on a "coolness" mission, in order to raise their profile and gain more street cred.

I have it from good sources that Tim Cook will take the stage at this years WWDC wearing pants where the waistline will be at about knee level. Tim Cook will also be sporting a huge gold chain while smoking a blunt on stage and claiming that the iPhone 6 will be loved by crazy bitches all over the world. 

Apple's corporate culture will also be influenced by this new direction, and Apple will now contract drive by shootings of their competitors, Samsung had better watch out. And since this is all about money, Apple will eventually get into the drug business, and possibly branch out into prostitution also, as that's always a high margin and profitable business venture. Can you get more high margin than prostitution? A ho's margin makes the iPhone's margin seem pathetic.

Apple will also be starting up it's own gangsta rap label called Apple iThug. Much like Apple's appstore approval process, the songs for Apple's label will have to undergo an approval process, and no songs will be accepted unless they are found to contain at least 50%racist,misogynistic, homophobic and otherwise offensive lyrics. The more, the better.

• Reply 22 of 243
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    This is all a smoke screen to cover for no new hardware product announcements. Introduce OS X 10.10, iOS 8, then the Dr. Dre dog and pony show. The end.
    If this happens as rumored, the stage and audience could be as filled with optimistic energy and excitement since Jobs was up there. None of the current crop Cs compare to Jobs for stage presence.
    I wonder then if this is an indication that WWDC product wise would otherwise be a snooze fest so Apple feels they need to add some excitement; give the press something to talk about?
  • Reply 23 of 243
    justp1ayinjustp1ayin Posts: 213member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I have it from good sources that Tim Cook will take the stage at this years WWDC wearing pants where the waistline will be at about knee level. Tim Cook will also be sporting a huge gold chain while smoking a blunt on stage and claiming that the iPhone 6 will be loved by crazy bitches all over the world. 

Oh that justp1ayin and his crazy accusations of racism....
  • Reply 24 of 243
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Whatever Apple does with a Beats acquisition it will be a big deal that will warrant its own presentation. I suspect it will a major shift in how Apple does music. iTunes has been around for a long time and a re-fresh would not necessarily be a bad thing. 

• Reply 25 of 243
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    rogifan wrote: »
    iOS got all the attention last year. OS X is reportedly getting a complete redesign this year, hence why it will get more attention.

That doesn't mean it should get attention. The devs there are mostly , in the vast majority, iOS devs.
  • Reply 26 of 243
    paxman wrote: »
    Whatever Apple does with a Beats acquisition it will be a big deal that will warrant its own presentation. I suspect it will a major shift in how Apple does music. iTunes has been around for a long time and a re-fresh would not necessarily be a bad thing. 

What ever they do won't be ready probably for a year.
  • Reply 27 of 243
    alcstarheelalcstarheel Posts: 554member
    sog35 wrote: »
    This post is dripping with prejudice.
    Hello Mr Sterling?
    He just waits for stories like this so his posts are "acceptable" to the topic at hand. Those who think all Hip Hop is like that need to chill. The same could be said for Rock when you only look at the extreme examples.

My feel is, if these rumors are true, that Jobs will be praised if this turns out to be a big boon for Apple, that Steve had it in the offing all along. But if it fails it will then only be laid at Cook's feet.
  • Reply 28 of 243
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    asdasd wrote: »
    That doesn't mean it should get attention. The devs there are mostly , in the vast majority, iOS devs.
    And yet when the new OS X redesign comes out that's all anyone will be talking about (provably mostly the anti flat crowd talking about how much they hate it). Don't worry I'm sure iOS will get plenty of stage time too.
  • Reply 29 of 243
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    To maximize google ad impressions, AppleInsider plans to regurg every Bloomberg story into 5 AppleInsider articles each. The articles will be padded with 85% boilerplate text that includes Dr. Dre's real name, Iovine's history with Steve Jobs, and Ming-chi Kuo's impressive track record. :)
  • Reply 30 of 243
    cyniccynic Posts: 124member

Yea, if this was about to happen, I'm not sure that'd be such a good idea.

WWDC is no consumer event and no music/iPod event. If they wanted to announce something like that, better host a separate music event in autumn.

Seriously, it's not that any of those guys has anything revolutionary to say, let alone something developers might be interested in.

Don't waste this precious keynote for PR, the more you talk about what's really new, what fantastic tech and APIs have been added, the better.

For me personally, Dre talking about music at WWDC would pretty much match all those time wasters showing off some iPad remote controlled toy car, which never hits the market.

• Reply 31 of 243
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Those who think all Hip Hop is like that need to chill. The same could be said for Rock when you only look at the extreme examples.

Serious question: What are a couple of 'typical' (i.e., not 'extreme') examples of Hip Hop? (It is implicitly assumed in my question that it has to meet the test of popularity as well).

• Reply 32 of 243
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Serious question: What are a couple of 'typical' (i.e., not 'extreme') examples of Hip Hop? (It is implicitly assumed in my question that it has to meet the test of popularity as well).

• Reply 33 of 243
    justp1ayinjustp1ayin Posts: 213member

Lupe fiasco, pharell, kid cudi is all about drugs really but no violence, Macklemore. There's tons of artist. Hip hop has evolved since Kanye west (and yes we all know Kanye is crazy)
  • Reply 34 of 243
    cyniccynic Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

They announced the iPhone4 at WWDC

And that's fine, because new hardware is exciting and relevant to developers.

I just doubt that Dre would have anything interesting to say, especially at this point where the ink is still wet.

• Reply 35 of 243
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

This post is dripping with prejudice.

Hello Mr Sterling?

Maybe, but not necessarily.   It just might be dripping with "oldness".

He probably still listens to Mantovani and Perry Como records and he thinks Chubby Checker is a wild new act. 

• Reply 36 of 243
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member

I trust all you folks realize Jimmy Iovine is a rock music guy not hip hop? John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Tom Petty to name just a few ... Jimmy Rocks!
  • Reply 37 of 243
    rogifan wrote: »
    And yet when the new OS X redesign comes out that's all anyone will be talking about (provably mostly the anti flat crowd talking about how much they hate it). Don't worry I'm sure iOS will get plenty of stage time too.

If all they announce is a Mac OS overhaul all people will be talking about is that all they announced was a Mac OS overhaul.

For most devs there that would be an irrelevance.
  • Reply 38 of 243
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

I always thought beats was an overly hyped over priced fad - and wearing their headphones meant here's a sucker. But if apple wants their staff, I guess that makes sense, but why dilute your brand with a no name brand that's associated with zero value, all status? Many people think that of apple now, this would just confirm it for a lot of on the fencers.

Knowing what I know about Apple, they'll probably trim down the line up of headphones to only a few models (some with colors) and then HOPEFULLY improving them so they don't sound like crap.  I don't know if they'll change the name from Beats to Apple since Beats has a big name that's recognizable. 

As far as their website, they might be adding some or all of their programmers to the iTunes staff.

That's about all they really have.

Beats was successful at branding and creating headphones as a fashion, which is really what they are.  but it helped kick start others to get their marketing act together to compete and then a few new players have come into play, but a lot of them go for the higher end market that Beats doesn't go after.  Beats stops at around $450 a pair of headphones, but there are a bunch of brands with headphones reaching the $3000+ price point for those that want the high priced stuff.

I just think Dr. Dre was more of an investor and figure head and not much more than that, he certainly wasn't sitting in front of a CAD station designing the things, that's for sure.

• Reply 39 of 243
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Right- and Tim Cook will appear with jeans falling off his azz. :smokey:
  • Reply 40 of 243
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Clearly influenced and seduced/fooled by Samsung propaganda, certain people have been claiming that Apple needs to be more cool. As if making the best computers and portable devices in the world isn't good enough. 

In response to this criticism, Apple has decided to embark on a "coolness" mission, in order to raise their profile and gain more street cred.

Apple's corporate culture will also be influenced by this new direction, and Apple will now contract drive by shootings of their competitors, Samsung had better watch out. And since this is all about money, Apple will eventually get into the drug business, and possibly branch out into prostitution also, as that's always a high margin and profitable business venture. Can you get more high margin than prostitution? A ho's margin makes the iPhone's margin seem pathetic.

Apple will also be starting up it's own gangsta rap label called Apple iThug. Much like Apple's appstore approval process, the songs for Apple's label will have to undergo an approval process, and no songs will be accepted unless they are found to contain at least 50%racist,misogynistic, homophobic and otherwise offensive lyrics. The more, the better.

That's 50cent.