Apple pledges to fix longstanding iMessage bug in upcoming iOS update

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    davendaven Posts: 721member
    So you're saying it wouldn't bother you if Apple misdirected your incoming text messages so you never see them? I don't believe you.

No. I'm saying that while it needs to be fixed and you can publicly shame Apple, you can't sue for monetary damages unless you can show monetary damages. What is a court supposed to do? Put Apple under a court order to fix a bug? Then every software company would be in court all the time as no software is perfect. How is a judge and jury supposed to assess monetary damages if that is the route she wants to go? What is the value of a lost text message? It can't be the cost to send it because the lost messages are those that go through Apple's free system vs SMS. Filing a lawsuit like this that claims 'unspecified damages' is pure ambulance chasing and is like suing a car manufacturer over an imperfect paint job on the inside of a door panel. It just clogs up the courts and the plaintiff should be charged court costs accordingly.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

I smell a new tagline for this website

"Stay calm
    and no one
    will be fucked"

And then, you know, but a hyperlink in the period and make it black. That way you'll only see the reference while hovering your mouse over there.
  • Reply 83 of 86
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

The entire time I have said you have to turn it off in settings on the phone and you won't have issues.

Except that some people do this and they do have issues.

Which is why Apple pledges to fix longstanding iMessage bug in upcoming iOS update.

If there was nothing to fix, why would Apple pledge to fix nothing?

• Reply 84 of 86
    brant64brant64 Posts: 1member
    I switched to a Note 3 today from an iPhone 5.  I turned off iMessage in my Messages settings A WEEK AGO expecting to have issues with iMessage.  This morning before I went to the AT&T store I removed my phone number from my AppleID.  I went in and did the SIM swap, the rep confirmed I could receive SMS messages from his phone.  When I got home, I did a remote wipe of the device through iCloud/FindMyiPhone, restored iOS 7.1.2 to the phone, logged into my AppleID from a browser, and changed my AppleID password.  I am still having problems receiving text messages from contacts who have my phone number in their iPhones saved as an iMessage user, regardless of whether I've deactivated myself from the system.  I'm hoping the problem will sort itself out in the next week or so, but if it doesn't I've heard the only work around is to have iPhone users delete your contact from their phone, reboot their iPhone and create a new contact for your number.

For the people that insist this is only for stupid people who do not follow directions, I am starting to think certain carriers are more prone to the issue than others...
  • Reply 85 of 86
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
  • Reply 86 of 86
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

This should have been available long time ago.