Apple CEO Tim Cook 'outed' as gay by CNBC co-achor

Comments

• Reply 21 of 199
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    karmadave wrote: »
    John Stewart famously ripped CNBC, and Jim Cramer in particular, with providing false and misleading information to viewers for their own financial gain. Whether TC is gay or not is his own damn business and doesn't effect my opinion of him one bit.

CNBC and other so called financial news channels are acting in their own self interest, not yours. Period. End of story...

These are must watch clips, IMO.
  • Reply 22 of 199
    [quote]Apple CEO Time Cook 'outed' as gay by CNBC co-achor
    By Mikey Campbell[/quote]

Oh, AI. Someday you might get to sit at the grown-ups table.
  • Reply 23 of 199
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Just another reason to hate CNBC. If Tim Cook is gay and wants the public to know he'll tell us. That's his decision, not CNBC's or Kara Swisher's or anyone else's. Leave Cook alone!

Right on ! People who go on about such a personal thing are the BIG PROBLEM in society.
    So CNBC is obviously a big problem.

As for me I didn't know there was such a thing as a gay person until I was about 18 yrs of age.
    Anyway so what I thought. I'm not what's known as gay, but I'm not saying what my position is when I have sex. So there!!!
  • Reply 24 of 199
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member

Where is Simon Cowel working next week??? LOL

• Reply 25 of 199
    gilly33gilly33 Posts: 434member
    Wow popular media just can't leave Apple alone. Let's see how about we just share stuff about its CEO's private life. That these Anchor's have nothing to do but pretend they are reporting news is quite obvious. If he is gay it's his business. What a bunch of losers.
  • Reply 26 of 199
    empiresempires Posts: 20member
    Honestly, why is this news? Who cares what his sexual orientation is ? What relevance is it to his good work ?
  • Reply 27 of 199
    If the corporate world still has issues with discrimination based on sexual orientation, then those kindergarteners have to climb out of the sandbox and grow the £¥¢& up.

Of course (and very sadly), that's still true of many segments of our society. Argh.....
  • Reply 28 of 199
    venomxxrvenomxxr Posts: 22member
    Calling this an outing is a bit of a farce. A multitude of publications have said the same thing. Tim's just never publicly said, "I'm gay".
  • Reply 29 of 199
    echosonicechosonic Posts: 462member
    Tim Cook is a badass. Nothing else matters. He can bang goats and sheep for all I care as long as he continues to kick ass.

And if he continues to kick ass, and wants to bang goats and sheep, then the board better perk him a farm.
  • Reply 30 of 199
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Tim Cook's gay...so what, old news. What's important is that he's a capable CEO for Apple. And after some doubts on that issue when he first got the job, that's what he seems to have turned out to be. Gay-shmay it's a non-issue really.
  • Reply 31 of 199
    fearlessfearless Posts: 138member
    Very old news. Who cares? Not like he goes to work looking like Conchita Wurst - but so what if he did? Not relevant to either brand loyalty or investor confidence. Good on ya Tim.
  • Reply 32 of 199
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    OT: Apple is back on top on Barron's list of most respected companies. Perhaps CNBC should focus in that instead of whether a CEO is gay of not.

http://barrons.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/BARRONS_WORLDS_MOST_RESPECTED_COMPANIES_2014.pdf
  • Reply 33 of 199
    Being left-handed %u2013 being black or being gay is just as natural. It is a sometimes rare occurrence to fall in Love and to hold that person in your heart and be loved in return ... it is something that should be celebrated! If it is love between two guys or two girls %u2026 all the better %u2026 it takes even more courage to defend that LOVE!
  • Reply 34 of 199

Being left-handed – being black or being gay is just as natural.  It is a sometimes rare occurrence to fall in Love and to hold that person in your heart and be loved in return ... it is something that should be celebrated!   If it is love between two guys or two girls … all the better … it takes even more courage to defend that LOVE!

• Reply 35 of 199

TIM COOK IS BRILLIANT ...!

• Reply 37 of 199
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fearless View Post

Very old news. Who cares? Not like he goes to work looking like Conchita Wurst - but so what if he did? Not relevant to either brand loyalty or investor confidence. Good on ya Tim.

I'd pay good money to see that!

Seriously though, as for Tim, it's up to him whether he wants to invite the world into his personal relationships or keep them to himself. It doesn't matter to me at all but then again, I do exactly the same thing - my professional life isn't influenced by my personal life and hence it's of no relevance to anyone whether I'm gay, straight, carnivore, fruitarian, or any other of a myriad ways in which a person may be individually categorised. All that matters is whether I'm good at my job or not.

• Reply 38 of 199
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member

I completely agree with you. I am really getting sick of CNBC. There is no financial journalism there. They all were knocking GoPro the day before it went IPO and then after it start trading and what it has done they started praising it. I don't know what world they live in. And when it comes to Apple, even chameleon once in a while shows his true color. 

• Reply 39 of 199
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member

I think it is time for CNBC to shut the door, because they are looking more and more link TMZ. There is no financial reporting at CNBC - It is collection of set of pretty women showing off their wares and not intelligence. I use to like the African American gentleman when he was reporting out from San Jose. But, as soon as moved to east coast and on set, he has become a "dick" also. It is time for Cramer to take his shouting to some auction horse of some monster rally venues. It is time for Simon to go back to UK or where ever he came from.

• Reply 40 of 199
    aussiepaulaussiepaul Posts: 144member
    Tim is CEO of the worlds largest and most admired company. It is entirely his own decision to stay private about his decision and I respect that. But I also think he could be an inspiration to many people who have sufferered descrimination if he came out about it. From what I've read about other famous people who have done it, they describe feeling liberated and don't regret at all the decision. If he is gay I do hope he comes out on his own terms while he is still Apple's CEO. I don't understand his decision not to, but I'm not gay so I'll never understand.