New Apple ad shows off sticker-clad MacBook Airs, calls it 'the notebook people love'

Comments

• Reply 41 of 87
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    To have the money I spent in Arcades back to invest would easily allow me $40k right now to invest in new Macs and more.
  • Reply 42 of 87
    r00fusr00fus Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

That's one of the best Apple ads I've seen in a while.

Hear, hear.  Brought a tear to my eye.  We have quite a few of those decal'ed MB's in our office, too - though most are retina MBPs.

• Reply 43 of 87
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by malo View Post

I Love Apple but they appear to be struggling with advertising- this seems out of sync, the last 5 commercials are jumping around, and lacking coherent vision. Where’s the stamping overarching message and brand impact? Apple is better than this, I expect better!!!

Originally Posted by malo View Post

Apple can do much better than spend money on a sticker-clad advertisement - that's old and played out but I guess that's your version of fresh and aspirational hire-thoughts...

Take your concern trolling somewhere people are stupid enough to believe it.

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Funny thing about that commercial : MacBook sticker sales are (now) about to have a banner year.

http://tinyurl.com/pr5frkj

The person responsible for creating this one needs to be sued for some sort of damages.

Damages to both hardware and grammar.

• Reply 44 of 87
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    2 ads were released on YouTube today.

sammy galaxy screen envy ad
    66% thumbs up.

Apple MacBook sticker ad
    98% thumbs up.
  • Reply 45 of 87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cali View Post

2 ads were released on YouTube today.

sammy galaxy screen envy ad

66% thumbs up.

Apple MacBook sticker ad

98% thumbs up.

That's good to know. I hope I'm in the minority in my dislike of the recent ad. Funny thing is that both of the ads promote Apple products (or soon to be released Apple products). 

• Reply 46 of 87
    hoeeghhoeegh Posts: 1member

Really powerful ad, really love the music.

If admins on Appleinsider will allow it, I'd love to offer you guys 20% on my stickers for a limited time.

Just head over to www.makeitstick.co and type in "Appleinsider" in the coupon field.

7 days only, and shipping is free as well.

I make all my stickers myself in my office, and love being in this business.

Here's a couple of my personal favorites.

• Reply 47 of 87
    waybacmacwaybacmac Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Y'know, that flash of the rainbow logo at the very end was an interesting choice in and of itself.  Anyone think there might be more to it than mere retro whimsy?

Misses the old logo...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has taken one of the old rainbow decals and cut it to fit over the MacBook logo.

In answer to your question, I miss the old logo too but I've moved on just as Apple has.

• Reply 48 of 87
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

That's one of the best Apple ads I've seen in a while.

Agreed.  Really unexpected style too.  Apple ads are normally so clinical and this one isn't.  Some of them even have marks from use.

Well done Apple, this is exactly what you need to do.

• Reply 49 of 87
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    radjin wrote: »

Naw, only the losing companies need to even mention their competitors; the winners products stand on their own.

So what you're saying is that now that Apple is winning they no longer need anymore of those; I am a PC and I am Mac commercials.
  • Reply 50 of 87
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    malo wrote: »
    I Love Apple but they appear to be struggling with advertising- this seems out of sync, the last 5 commercials are jumping around, and lacking coherent vision. Where's the stamping overarching message and brand impact?

Apple is better than this, I expect better!!!
    Agreed. This ad did nothing for me, certainly didn't make me want to get a Mac.
  • Reply 51 of 87
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member

That is right great companies do not need to expose their products in your face a lot.These stickers are plain dumb!

• Reply 52 of 87
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

Finally a decent Apple ad- looks radically different and retro at the same time. Wonder if its from the new advertising group?

• Reply 53 of 87
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Great little ad. Edgy, succinct, and totally iconic.

And at this point, as long as Apple keeps their products speaking for themselves, they don't need to do a whole lot of marketing to make a statement.
  • Reply 54 of 87
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I was going to mention the apparent resurgence of the colored Mac logo too. I spotted it more than once in that video I think. AI seems to have used it a lot in recent months too.
  • Reply 55 of 87
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Agreed. This ad did nothing for me, certainly didn't make me want to get a Mac.

Gosh that's a surprise. :D
  • Reply 56 of 87
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    malo wrote: »
    you don't have much to add constructively...you just steal other peoples quotes. Apple can do much better than spend money on a sticker-clad advertisement - that's old and played out but I guess that's your version of fresh and aspirational hire-thoughts...

Blah blah blah. Old and played out? In what regard.
    relic wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that now that Apple is winning they no longer need anymore of those; I am a PC and I am Mac commercials.

Considering those haven't been used in several years, yes.
  • Reply 57 of 87
    addicted44addicted44 Posts: 830member
    droidftw wrote: »
    Would that also apply to the times where Tim Cook has went out of his way to badmouth Android?  And how many times has Google badmouthed iOS and/or iPhones?  ;)

Somebody doesn't know the difference between Dev conferences and commercials.
  • Reply 58 of 87
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Y'know, that flash of the rainbow logo at the very end was an interesting choice in and of itself.  Anyone think there might be more to it than mere retro whimsy?

Misses the old logo...

It certainly is interesting. Whether there is more to it? I'd be surprised, but you never know. It's the New New Apple.

• Reply 59 of 87
    freshmakerfreshmaker Posts: 532member

Love the Homer sticker.  That's awesome lol

• Reply 60 of 87
    gunner1954gunner1954 Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally posted by droidftw

"Would that also apply to the times where Tim Cook has went out of his way to badmouth Android?"

But not in the adverts.