Purportedly leaked data from Foxconn again points to 'iPhone 6' with protruding camera lens

Comments

• Reply 21 of 224
    sog35 wrote: »
    making such a big deal about such a small thing.

The camera bump did not hurt the Samdung S5.
    It wont hurt the iPhone6
    This has nothing to do with that device. By that logic Apple should put in Touchwiz since Crapsung sells so many devices and apparently people don't have a problem with it. I could not give one crap about the S5 let alone two.

I do give a crap about the usability of my phone and what I've come to expect from Apple. I put the phone on flat surfaces (my desk) all the time and use the phone. I don't want it rocking back and forth like an uneven chair.
  • Reply 22 of 224
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post

We landed on the moon?! No way! When did *this* happen?!

It's a quandary. Watch the movie of the Apollo 11 post-flight new conference with the crew. Odd behavior.

• Reply 23 of 224
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member

124 x 59mm I can believe.  That's about the size of the iPhone5.   But 158 x 78mm is absurdly huge, even for a phablet.   An iPad Mini is 200mm x 135mm.    

• Reply 24 of 224
    sully54sully54 Posts: 108member
    Lens-gate. You read it here first, folks.
  • Reply 25 of 224
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Please don't do this Apple. On the iPod yeah it's okay since it's not a 30+ million sold device. This can't end well unless there is an absolutely critical reason that we don't know yet.

I seriously hope that Apple makes the 4.7" and 5.5" version with a protruding camera and the 5.5" gets all the extra goodies (more ram, more storage, better glass, better camera and more) just to make the 10 people on here so upset. It's really not all that big of a deal when it comes right down to it. Because, you know, as with almost every product in the world, the bigger product usually has more.

• Reply 26 of 224
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    If the camera lens is actually protruding, then I'm sure there's a damn good reason for that, that outweighs any aesthetic concerns some may have. It's not a big deal, especially if it enhances camera performance in some way.
  • Reply 27 of 224
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:

This has nothing to do with that device. By that logic Apple should put in Touchwiz since Crapsung sells so many devices and apparently people don't have a problem with it. I could not give one crap about the S5 let alone two.

I do give a crap about the usability of my phone and what I've come to expect from Apple. I put the phone on flat surfaces (my desk) all the time and use the phone. I don't want it rocking back and forth like an uneven chair.

Don't buy it. Problem solved.

• Reply 28 of 224
    Quote:

Please don't do this Apple. On the iPod yeah it's okay since it's not a 30+ million sold device. This can't end well unless there is an absolutely critical reason that we don't know yet.

Could the critical reason be camera optics? There's only so much you can shrink the component before you start to really negatively affect the image quality 

• Reply 29 of 224
    krawallkrawall Posts: 163member
    Perhaps but people can still voice their opinion? Hope so. Still don't think this is from the iPhone. iPod has been rumored too.
  • Reply 30 of 224
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    How can people get so worked up over something that hasn't been announced yet? RELAX and wait for the keynote when all will be explained.
  • Reply 31 of 224
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

This whole 0.77mm lens protrusion is a bit of a first world problem, though.

• Reply 32 of 224
    sog35 wrote: »
    I did a test on my 5S.  I added a small piece of material near the camera lense that is .77mm thick.

It works just as good .

people need to realize how small .77mm is.

And why are people using their iPhone flat on a desk anyway?  Why not just pick it up and use it with one hand?   Next thing you know people are going to grumble that the iPhone doesnt have a magnet so they cant stick the phone on the fridge and use it there.  I mean really?  Just pick up your damb phone!

Because Apple always boasts how great their designs are. They should just increased the entire thickness of the phone by 0.77 mm to remove the hump since its such a "small" value. But then probably couldn't stroke their e-peen about having a thinner phone than everyone else.
  • Reply 33 of 224

I AM HYPERVENTILATING BECAUSE THERE MAY BE A 0.77mm PROTRUSION ON THE NEXT IPHONE!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE WOULD DO THIS TO ME

• Reply 34 of 224

My first response was that there was no way in hell that Apple would allow a lens to protrude 0.77mm from the next iPhone. Mainly because the phone would not be able to lie flat on the table, when in use.  NObody wants to be trying to txt on a wobbly phone that doesn't lie flat.

As I thought about it, though, my Survivor case adds 3.4mm to the thickness of my iPhone 5 (about 2.5mm to the back and 0.9mm to the front). The lens would protrude through the hole in the case, and thus add nothing to the thickness of what I carry in my pocket.  Obviously, cases for the next gen of iPhone would be somewhat different, but I think the extra 0.77mm would still not protrude from the case that most people might use for their phones.  

Of course, if the iPhone ships with a sapphire screen, there may be many fewer people using cases, and then the protruding lens really would be an issue.

Mostly, though, I think this is a rumor  planted by Apple, to try to reveal the source of leaks from the supply chain.

• Reply 35 of 224

So the 5.5 iPhone is essentially a very similar size to the current Note 3, which is jumbo sized for sure, by comparison.

158 x 78 x 7.1 mm vs 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm for the Note 3. The Note is 5.7in yet this 5.5 iPhone will be taller. Sounds like Apple didn't reduce bezels at all from their standard layout despite a large device. 

• Reply 36 of 224

Apple really don't go to the trouble of prototyping builds to catch leaks.

• Reply 37 of 224
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    This data is 7 months old. Look at the date in the lower left.
  • Reply 38 of 224
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawall View Post

As much as I like to learn about 'news' on iPhone 6 I wish AI would stop posting these now. It's really been enough.

Apple rumors on Apple Insider !

What the world has come to!

• Reply 39 of 224
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krawall View Post

As much as I like to learn about 'news' on iPhone 6 I wish AI would stop posting these now. It's really been enough.

Apple rumors on Apple Insider !

What the world has come to!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

making such a big deal about such a small thing.

Since when did Apple fans care about details, right?

Oh wait.

• Reply 40 of 224
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

I'd rather have a THINNER phone with a tiny bump than a FATTER PHONE.

I'd rather have an awesome camera with a tiny bump than a flat phone with a worse camera.

I mean who the hell uses their phone on a desk?

Just pick up the damb phone!

What if Apple could have made a flat phone with the same amazing camera by increasing the thickness of the phone by 0.77 mm? Based on your reasoning, Apple should have done that because 0.77 mm is nothing.