Apple invites fashion publications to Sept. 9 event, signaling likely 'iWatch' focus

Comments

• Reply 101 of 157
    solipsismx wrote: »
    * Not so much that it's frivolous but that it's frivolous for me whilst talking up time every day, or multie times a day, especially in the morning when time seems more precious.
    solipsismx wrote: »
    1) I don't use hair gel (or a hair dryer or any product to style my hair). I get my hair cut short when it gets to a point that it requires brushing or some sort of nasty substance in it. I despise waiting time on something so frivolous.*

2) I have paid a tailor to remove belt loops from suits pants that I'll specifically not use a belt because I think it looks better. If I won't need a belt why should I wear one? I do use a belt with jeans but that's because they are more loosely fitting than my bespoke suits.

400 400 400

(I'm on the right¡)

* Not so much that it's frivolous but that it's frivolous for me whilst talking up time every day, or multie times a day, especially in the morning when time seems more precious.

Damn... you're Brad Pitt?! And why did ya cut out Angelina? You guys havin' a riff? Calling TMZZZZZZZ......! :p

01 DAYS - 23 HOURS - 58 MINUTES -> Apple 3.0

+++ Just broke the 48-hour mark +++
  • Reply 102 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Haha- I always wondered why he never wore a belt too. Tucked in shirt to jeans looks so weird without one (unless you're a girl)

Why do you need a belt if your pants aren't falling down?

To thrash your children; why else?

/s

• Reply 103 of 157
    Apple may make them redundant. ????

Get my credit card info onto the phone before I buy? That would be a trick, wouldn't it?
  • Reply 104 of 157
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Remember the very recent tweet of Jim Dalrymple? I cannot recall him ever saying that before an Apple event.

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Holy shit people, hang on to your hats, this is going to be a wild ride.

*sigh* Were I a different man, this statement might make me happy. I know better than to be happy, so it just makes me upset. How stupid can people be, not just going for the lowest expectations possible?

Really? Why does hair gel exist?

To attract mates via lying. Short story. My mother once was worried about my ability to pick up women my own age, given that my hair is rapidly turning white, so she bought me spray dye. I tell you, I felt like a cheap whore traipsing around with a solid hair color again. I like my hair like I like my women. 

“12 years old?”

No, without anything done to it.

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

(I'm on the right¡)

I’d say I’m gutted knowing what you look like, but frankly I’m more pitted. 

• Reply 105 of 157
    To thrash your children; why else?

/s

Now where are those little redheaded stepchildren..? ????
  • Reply 106 of 157
    [@]SolipsismX[/@] - Woah! Wild! Now we know why you're such an expert on security! Nobody gonna be gettin' at the fun stuff on your iPhone anytime soon! :D

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/48220/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=green]01 DAYS - 23 HOURS - 50 MINUTES[/COLOR] -> [COLOR=red]Apple 3.0[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • Reply 107 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

There won't be any visible connectors on the iWatch at all.

How will it charge then, are you thinking inductively?

Are you thinking inductively? Then I’ll begin... ????

I've never thought inductively; must give it a try one day.

• Reply 108 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

'Two turtlenecks, and an iWatch in a pear tree.'

• Reply 109 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tundraboy View Post

I have visions of Samsung product designers right now getting their work areas in order, design workstations and apps fully updated and ready, so that as soon as the camera zooms in on the new iWatch they can start scratching out the new original Samsung copycat iWatch.

I think they're going to be sitting there in awe for more than a few days trying to figure out what they can copy... and still make it even half the worth in functionality, let alone design and style... than the iWatch***

*** I'm still not convinced that it's going to be called that. But everything you've posted thus far I'm backing 100%.

NOTE: too bad it's not easier to see "up-votes" at a glance on this forum. Down votes for stupidity might also be an upgrade to the quality of the threads.

02 DAYS - 04 HOURS - 24 MINUTES -> Apple 3.0

If Apple bring out a smart watch not called iWatch, all these articles and comments will become a historical curiosity of the fabled Apple Smartwatch.

• Reply 110 of 157
    If Apple bring out a smart watch not called iWatch, all these articles and comments will become a historical curiosity of the fabled Apple Smartwatch.

If they have a wrist-based wearable at this point it probably better be called the iWatch... Oh, I just noticed that my iPhone's dictionary knew the word "iWatch" and corrected the capitalization. PROOF POSITIVE!
  • Reply 111 of 157

The fabled Apple iWatch may not specifically be a smart watch.
  • Reply 112 of 157
    The fabled Apple iWatch may not specifically be a smart watch.

If it's a real thing, it will be to a watch what the iPhone was to phones.
  • Reply 113 of 157
    If it's a real thing, it will be to a watch what the iPhone was to phones.

You misunderstand my meaning.

The iWatch may be a PAN of devices.
  • Reply 114 of 157
    Quote:

Just because you don't need something doesn't mean it won't look better.

Ever wear a belt with a tux?  :no:

• Reply 115 of 157
    I’d say I’m gutted knowing what you look like, but frankly I’m more pitted. 
    I thought that was quite funny
  • Reply 116 of 157
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

If they have a wrist-based wearable at this point it probably better be called the iWatch... Oh, I just noticed that my iPhone's dictionary knew the word "iWatch" and corrected the capitalization. PROOF POSITIVE!

Then why doesn't mine correct the word  iPhine?  LOL!

• Reply 117 of 157

I wear an insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor (for blood sugar).  The insulin pump looks like a motorola pager from the 90s and its connected with a tube to an infusion site. The whole device is super awakard and needs a lot of babysitting and calibration and maintense.  It also requires me to interact with the device about 20 to 40 times a day in one way or another.  (testing, dosing for meals, calibrating, reviewing, etc)

iWatch will not likely have a built in continous glucose monitor.   But, if iWatch could control my insulin pump, i could just leave the insulin pump in my pocket, and quickly set doses for meals and check blood sugar patterns in a classier way.   I know that insulin pump manufactures like medtronic are thinking in this direction, but if they actually made the leap of partnering with apple to make the connection, it would make managing my diabetes more confortable.

• Reply 118 of 157
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Since the fashionistas are showing up how could this only be about a watch? Does the fashion industry really care about watches and tech bling?

Hmmm. Now I'm wondering what other fashion accessories we'll be seeing.

We can safely assume there will be no iBelt?
  • Reply 119 of 157
    Apple created ecosystems, not just products. I expect that we will see several current and new Apple partners from the fashion/sports/exercise/home products and retail (aka mobile payments, iBeacons) sectors on stage Tuesday as Apple unveils its iWatch. Every product/service - clothes, sneakers, thermostats, loyalty cards, etc. - will feature Healthkit- and/or mobile payments and/or iBeacons and/or Homekit-compliant technology.

"You're more powerful than you think."
  • Reply 120 of 157
    I wear an insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor (for blood sugar).
    iWatch will not likely have a built in continous glucose monitor.  

Why do you believe the Apple iWatch will not feature a (continuous) blood glucose monitor?