ABC News teases report of 'historic' Apple announcement

Comments

• Reply 121 of 237
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Looks like Marc Newson will be at this event. Confirmed it on his new Twitter account @iMarcNewson

https://twitter.com/imarcnewson
  • Reply 122 of 237
    Originally Posted by chazwatson View Post

I'm excited for the new Macs!

What new Macs?

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

YouTube video.

Which one?

• Reply 123 of 237
    You read it here first: they brought Steve back to life, and he will be returning as CEO, effective tomorrow at 10am Pacific time. That, and a special U2 edition iPod Touch.
  • Reply 124 of 237
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    What new Macs?

Big Macs ????
  • Reply 125 of 237
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    What new Macs?

Which one?

This is a speculative, all-CGI design and animation exercise by Aristomenis Tsirbas of MeniThings Productions, and not video of a real product.
  • Reply 126 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

ABC is owned by Disney... Laurene Powell Jobs (Steve's wife) is now a major stockholder in Disney... Disney has a long, close history with Apple... Apple may have given ABC  "behind-the-scenes" exclusive coverage and interviews which will later follow the announcement...

Good grief, this announcement is starting to sound absolutely massive. Apple has never said anything like "historic" in any of their announcements...

This has to go beyond the iWatch, beyond clothes with tech integration... (eyes bugging out)

I sure hope this hype is a reflection of the products to be announced and not just a renewed emphasis on vigorous PR.

• Reply 127 of 237
    Honestly, at this point, I'm expecting Apple to launch a new car.

Flying cars.  Apple builds the first anti-gravity engine and first warp drive.

I predict that Apple will use Jim Woodward's Mach Effect thrusters (PDF warning) to make a flying car, partnering with Tesla. This is what's hidden in the temporary building, and it will fly around during the presentation. The car will be powered by smaller thrusters on the end of arms, spinning and turning a generator. These power units will also be sold to provide free energy for your home. Warp drive and wormholes won't come till next year's announcement. Apple's stock will be at 12¢ by the end of the event¡
  • Reply 128 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Then why bother having the cellular telephony in it at all?

Connectivity from anywhere, not just where good wifi is available.

Haver you even tried using wifi at a Starbucks? You could get better bandwidth using smoke signals.

• Reply 129 of 237
    freediverx wrote: »
    I sure hope this hype is a reflection of the products to be announced and not just a renewed emphasis on vigorous PR.

What "PR"? Absolutely everything Apple has said is: "Wish we could say more." They can't be blamed for ABC's hyperbole.
  • Reply 130 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

What "PR"? Absolutely everything Apple has said is: "Wish we could say more." They can't be blamed for ABC's hyperbole.

It's clear Apple's PR machine is working up a media frenzy behind the scenes. And there's nothing wrong with that... so long as they've got something to show that lives up to expectations. 

• Reply 131 of 237

Apple Buying Intel is the most historic thing I can think of from an industry standpoint, considering the massive process superiority and Apple running ahead in the ARM race, that would just crush everyone else in the space to bits. This would be a very bad day for Samsung...

• Reply 132 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

It's probably ABC, not Apple who decided on "historic".

No. In previous years, Apple decidedly tried to dampen expectations. They have not done so this time, and in fact, have made an effort to add to the hype. 

Well, in a little over 12 hours, speculations will end. 

• Reply 133 of 237
    freediverx wrote: »

It's clear Apple's PR machine is working up a media frenzy behind the scenes. And there's nothing wrong with that... so long as they've got something to show that lives up to expectations. 

Where do you get this crap? The "media frenzy" is happening. Apple couldn't prevent it if they tried. There's no "behind the scenes". If Apple tried to "work it up" like everybody else does, it wouldn't exist.
  • Reply 134 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post

The other thing is that Apple's page is directing the general public to watch the announcement live tomorrow. I can't think of the last time that's happened. Usually the live events get enough buzz without it, and Apple certainly posts the replays on the main site. Apple is making sure that a wide audience is going to hear about this one.

I think they are setting up a satellite broadcasting facility in the Amazon rainforest so that tribes who have yet to be contacted by the outside world have a good first impression of humanity.

• Reply 135 of 237
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    No. In previous years, Apple decidedly tried to dampen expectations. They have not done so this time, and in fact, have made an effort to add to the hype. 

Well, in a little over 12 hours, speculations will end. 

Other then the countdown page, Apple has said or done zilch. The promo is ABC's invention not Apple's -

Historic might very well be announcing the solution to TV Steve implied before his death. The invite says very little, but the hard shadow along the logo implied to me the Apple was saying its the dawn of a new day...a big promise to live up to. How they could keep such a paradigm shift quiet seems impossible however...
  • Reply 136 of 237
    Originally Posted by freediverx View Post

Connectivity from anywhere, not just where good wifi is available.

Which the iPad can do. That’s what I’m saying; don’t whine about wanting a phone and then not use it as such.

• Reply 137 of 237
    BREAKING: Apple is going to close it's doors and give the money back to its shareholders.
  • Reply 138 of 237
    As someone who works in the credit card industry, I think this announcement will indeed be historic in terms of payment processing and have a large impact on the industry. While understand it will likely have a negative impact on my livelihood, I am excited to see the industry's future, which will absolutely be changed tomorrow by Apple.
  • Reply 139 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by freediverx View Post

LMAO too funny and sooo true.

• Reply 140 of 237
    (iWatch, iTV), Beats, Battlestar Gallactica.