Apple's iOS 8.0.1 update breaks cellular connectivity, Touch ID support for many users

Comments

• Reply 21 of 343
    Have not myself had any issues and have not heard of any friends or colleagues who experience issues. Sounds like media spin...

Which model phone(s) involved?
  • Reply 22 of 343

Thanks Apple, 

You seemed to fix the problem where my phone could make calls and TouchID was working perfectly. 

iPhone 6, ATT, OTA.

• Reply 23 of 343
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Heads should roll. Not devs. Head of test. If they have one.
  • Reply 24 of 343
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

Still showing up under Software Update on my iPhone 6.  Really, Apple should have pulled this release by now...

• Reply 25 of 343

Ugh... Does anyone have access to activate The Omega 13?

• Reply 26 of 343

Except for all of us with issues... like my new 6 which now says No Service and doesn't have working Touch ID.

• Reply 27 of 343
    adonissmu wrote: »
    Why is the answer to always blame Tim Cook. The CEO does not do code pushes. LMAO! Do people even think before they say this stuff?

Fishes and rotting from top. Etc.
  • Reply 28 of 343
    Have not myself had any issues and have not heard of any friends or colleagues who experience issues. Sounds like media spin...
    Well I can for one tell you it's not spin! I am just a general user with an iPhone 6 and its screwed up my phone.
  • Reply 29 of 343

Man I don't know what be happening but I never, ever have any of these problems.  I just updated 2 iPads' and 2 iPhones and have been running smooth since like iOS 6. 

• Reply 30 of 343
    Updated to IOS8.0.1 immediately when it came out and have not experienced any issues what so ever? Is this story validated?

Hi Johnny

Did you install the update via itune or directly from your iphone?
  • Reply 31 of 343
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Updated to IOS8.0.1 immediately when it came out and have not experienced any issues what so ever? Is this story validated?
    It appears to be affecting 6 and 6 Plus uses who did OTA update. This is a serious **** up on Apple's part and someone needs to be fired.
  • Reply 32 of 343
    How would it be to stage upgrades to one city or to apple employees. For a few days. World wide.
  • Reply 33 of 343
    Updated immediately on an iPhone 5s with AT&T as my carrier. No issues whatsoever.

Touch ID works fine.

I can make phone calls just fine.

Have the folks having this issue tried to simply power-cycle their devices?
  • Reply 34 of 343
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    Why is the answer to always blame Tim Cook. The CEO does not do code pushes. LMAO! Do people even think before they say this stuff?

Tim's the CEO. The buck stops with him. And yes someone needs to be canned over this. You don't release an OTA update that removes people's cell phone service on the brand new phone they just bought.
  • Reply 35 of 343
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Better through iTunes than OTA?

In other news, it's refreshing to see an Apple scandal with real evidence behind it for once! Hope it's resolved quickly.
  • Reply 36 of 343
    ipenipen Posts: 410member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tlevier View Post

So, how does one downgrade?

back up data.  wipe it clean. and re-install the old iOS, reload the data back.  Will take about a day of work.  Just give thanks to Apple for taking a sick day off.

• Reply 37 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

That's why he is CEO - he is supposed to take responsibility for yet another screw-up at Apple. 

• Reply 38 of 343
    Same issues here on my iPhone 6. Have t-mobile and Wi-fi calling is working after OTA update.
  • Reply 39 of 343
    iPhone bends, iOS 8.0.1 debacle.... interesting to see who takes responsible..
    Jony?? He is responsible for SW and HW now...and also partly responsible for ousting Scott Forstall over maps..
    Or Tim is busy COOKin%u2019 for public apology again?
  • Reply 40 of 343
    Well, the tone of these comments is a complete 180 from the comments in the previous post. Breaking cellular connectivity, ouch! WTF Apple?