iPhone 6, 6 Plus owners complain of easily scratched screens

Comments

• Reply 121 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noicc1138 View Post

I normally have a screen protector but this time I went commando. I took insane care of my iPhone 6. It went into a pocket with nothing else. Never dropped. Well, a month ago I found a scratch in lower right corner. A hairline scratch. It annoyed the hell out of me. Well, I took it to Apple, bought AppleCare, and they replaced the screen. Now I have a screen protector. It seems good so far.

im fairly certain something rubbed up against it (uhh) at some point without you realizing it. screens dont scratch themselves. i dont use a screen protector and my screen is fine despite Day 1 daily use in my pocket.

• Reply 122 of 215
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

Does this person have multiple personality disorder? If not, then "a" singular person is never referred to in the plural such as in "their". That's slang and poor grammar. A singular person is a he or a she. 

Yeah, I’m bothered that “their” is becoming the politically correct answer to the masculine being the default gender in English. As with much political correctness, it’s not at all correct.

Professional articles from published writers should know this rule. 

They do (sort of). Which says something about here. :p 

• Reply 123 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Now, that could be a thought; they're cranking out screens so fast that they're not being manufactured properly.

or not! wow...

• Reply 124 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Seems that my decision to bypass the 6 in preference for my two-year old scratchless 4" iPhone 5 has been vindicated.

[...]

It certainly explains all the kerfuffle with GT going bust.

your decision hasnt been vindicated in any sane person's mind. just your own. 

and supposed scratching of these glass screens has nothing to do w/ GT's sapphire production bankruptcy. theyre not even the same materials, duh.

• Reply 125 of 215
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jameskatt2 View Post

This is another bullsh*t fake-gate created by a lawyer to try and make money off Apple via another lawsuit.

There was no mention of a law firm being behind the posting of comments in Apple's support forums. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

• Reply 126 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechProd1gy View Post

I have the 6+ with no screen protector.  It is in good shape because I take care of it.  If you do not use a screen protector you are accepting a certain amount of risk.  I do not feel sorry for those that complain but refuse to use a protector.  There are just certain situations where no material is scratch proof.  #whineyb1tches

That's how my son came to be, well that and a bottle of Champagne.

• Reply 127 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

This is AI descending to the level of tabloid news IMHO.

....and this is surprising to you? They'll post any story that will get the fanboys in screaming, nnnuuuuhhhh uuuuhhhh, totally bogus dudes and dudettes.

• Reply 128 of 215
    Oh come on. You all have to remember that Samsung has already been found guilty once for creating fake user stories against Htc and Apple. And while thanks to this they were able to instigate a enormous storm of Apple Hate, they got away with a tiny slap on their hands.
    They are doing the same over and over, maybe taking something legit (like the story by OP who also came here) and sending their trolls to reinforce en masse, together with youtubers and bloggers on their payroll.
    Learn the word: [B]astroturfing[/B].
  • Reply 129 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Quote:

You keep your 14 month baby in the pocket of your tight jeans with your 6 Plus?

I guess your baby is called Houdini.

Have something better to say than an elementary comment?

My name's not Sherlock Holmes.

• Reply 130 of 215
    Yeah, I’m bothered that “their” is becoming the politically correct answer to the masculine being the default gender in English. As with much political correctness, it’s not at all correct.

They do (sort of). Which says something about here. :p  

I like it and tend to use it when I don't know the gender. Makybe you can popularize s/he or aims thing else.
  • Reply 131 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

They do (sort of). Which says something about here. image  

I like it and tend to use it when I don't know the gender. Makybe you can popularize s/he or aims thing else.

Try not to use it; it’s wrong.

• Reply 132 of 215
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

Does this person have multiple personality disorder? If not, then "a" singular person is never referred to in the plural such as in "their". That's slang and poor grammar. A singular person is a he or a she. 

Professional articles from published writers should know this rule.

A singular person is he, she, it or they or in the possessive his, her its or their.

If you google "they pronunciation" and you will find:

they/T?H?/

pronoun

used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.

used to refer to a person of unspecified sex.

"their" the possessive form of "they" is used  with an indefinite third person singular antecedent.

• Reply 133 of 215

There is nothing "wrong" about language, there is only what we perceive as wrong, and that's bullshit unless communication is hundred. You logic that it's wrong because their is plural is bullshit when you ignore that it's also wrong to say he when it's female. None of it is ideal, you've chosen the one you prefer and deemed all others to be wrong. Labgauge doesn't work that way, has never worked that way, and will never work that way. Kay, Bro?
  • Reply 134 of 215
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Quote:

There is nothing "wrong" about language, there is only what we perceive as wrong, and that's bullshit unless communication is hundred. You logic that it's wrong because their is plural is bullshit when you ignore that it's also wrong to say he when it's female. None of it is ideal, you've chosen the one you prefer and deemed all others to be wrong. Labgauge doesn't work that way, has never worked that way, and will never work that way. Kay, Bro?

Touched a nerve, have I?

It’s okay to be wrong.

• Reply 135 of 215
    It’s okay to be wrong.

If anyone would know...
  • Reply 136 of 215
    solipsismy wrote: »
    It’s okay to be wrong.

If anyone would know...

...you would.

I know.
  • Reply 137 of 215
    rogifan wrote: »
    How do you know that people with scratches weren't taking care of their device?

because devices taken care of don't have scratches?
  • Reply 138 of 215
    bobschlob wrote: »

So why then did Apple go backwards with it's case design of the iPhone 6?
    Nothing more modern than 'form following function'. Lot of function lost with the newer case design.

not seeing it. the softer edges feel better in my hand and that's a function of ergonomics to me.
  • Reply 139 of 215
    solipsismy wrote: »

using a plural for a singular is still wrong, whether you know the gender or not. there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying "his", "her", or "his or her".
  • Reply 140 of 215
    <p style="margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;">A singular person is he, she, it or they or in the possessive his, her its or their.</p>

<p style="margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;"> </p>

<p style="margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;">If you google "they pronunciation" and you will find:</p>

<p style="margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;"> </p>

<p style="margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;">they/T?H?/

pronoun

used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.

used to refer to a person of unspecified sex.</p>

<p style="margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;">"their" the possessive form of "they" is used  with an indefinite third person singular antecedent.</p>

that may be a popular definition of why people use it, but it's still wrong.