Protestors take over Fifth Ave Apple Store in 'die-in' demonstration

Comments

• Reply 121 of 365
    cali wrote: »
    Because that works?

Laughable and lack of experience.

People have been killed after calling for help.

And some people are beat just for fun.

We learn not to call 911 unless you're hurt (ambulance).

These guys are PUBLIC SERVANTS paid by YOU and ME. I don't pay them to rape women and hurt kids.

Yet if a McDonalds employee as little as touches a customer it would be all over the news.

But we have set the bar so low in the US for these racist pigs!! So low that killing someone or hurting an old lady gets them as little as a slap on the hand and a paid vacation!(paid by us!!)

Then hopefully you'd be willing to support the elimination of public employee unions, because when abuse of power or malfeasance occurs now, public employee unions protect the person in question from responsibility. And if they end up leaving their job, they usually retire with full benefits. That is insulating the wrongdoer from personal responsibility and if there's one thing that makes people shape up immediately, it's the threat that they will be personally held liable, especially financially.
  • Reply 122 of 365
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

One thing that should be done immediately nationally that would directly affect the imprisonment rate of black Americans, end the "drug war" as it is ineffective, a gigantic waste of taxpayer money, emboldens violent and extreme police actions and has been statistically proven to affect poor and black people more than the population at large.

I agree with that. The "drug war" is a huge waste of money and a waste of time and resources.

• Reply 123 of 365
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    apple ][ wrote: »

True dat. And they need better parenting. Parents that teach their children to respect others.

What about these cops who rape children, kill the elderly and run people over?

Oh wait these people need NO parenting only the victims did!!
  • Reply 124 of 365
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

You don't have the "right" to do anything you want on private property.

Correct & then you went on as usual.

SpamSandwich said-"For me, all of this copycat collectivist behavior smacks of something planned by Putin to stoke the flames of a race or class war in the US."

• Reply 125 of 365
    splif wrote: »

Correct & then you went on as usual.
    SpamSandwich said-"For me, all of this copycat collectivist behavior smacks of something planned by Putin to stoke the flames of a race or class war in the US."

These tactics were developed by Saul Alinsky, a Marxist. And the reporting of all of this by Russia Today is also telling.

Just because some protestors may believe they are doing something positive doesn't change the origin of the tactics.
  • Reply 126 of 365
    A healthy amount of respect, fear and loathing of the police goes a long way.
  • Reply 127 of 365
    Then hopefully you'd be willing to support the elimination of public employee unions, because when abuse of power or malfeasance occurs now, public employee unions protect the person in question from responsibility. And if they end up leaving their job, they usually retire with full benefits. That is insulating the wrongdoer from personal responsibility and if there's one thing that makes people shape up immediately, it's the threat that they will be personally held liable, especially financially.

I Just believe if you commit a crime it doesn't matter who you are. McDonalds employee, doctor or cop. You should face the charge. I live in Arizona and the shit these scumbags get away with is sickening.

I knew a probation officer who would rape his female (clients?). He would tell them that if they said anything he would throw them in jail for violation of probation.

I had met this guy. He was rude and full of hate. He hated me for no reason, I found out who he was and reported him.

(Note: I have a clean record, I was not on probation. Before some moron calls me a criminal)

Guess who's still an employee?

The number of witnesses and testimonies meant NOTHING. And he got away with the crime. Had it been you or me......
  • Reply 128 of 365
    slurpy wrote: »
    jkichline wrote: »
    I really don't understand what capitalism has to do with the problem. But then again I'm white and don't quite understand what the problem is. I've had some black friends lecture me on white privilege and how I had it easy and stuff. My mom was a waitress and my dad was a maintenance man and they worked hard to give us a better life. I was able to go to college and started my own businesses. Nobody ever gave me anything. We didn't resort to crime and we certainly respected those placed in authority over us.

These protestors seem to be following the crowd in this ridiculous notion that police shouldn't have any authority. If a cop tells you to get down or stop or whatever, you do it! That's the whole point. Should people be killed for selling cigarettes? No. But this wouldn't have happened if the guy was a law-abiding citizen. I don't care what race you are. Respect those in authority over you and those companies who have built this country and they will respect you. Funny how that works.

If you are unhappy with your lot in life, change it. Go to school and learn how to program or do something worthy of a career. People complain that Apple only hires white men, but I've yet to meet many others who are qualified for the type of work Apple needs in that regard. Equality needs to be accomplished from both directions.

Your post really is mind-numbing, in the extent of its naivity, ignorance, and how completely oblivious to anything that isn't a foot beyond your nose, and your lack of ability to put yourself if anyone's else shoes. Your simplistic "my parents were blue collar workers!" argument, used to waive away all evidence of discrimination, as well as your weak and frankly slightly horrifying "justifications" for the guy getting killed (he didn't go exactly what the cop told him to do, so meh) is beyond words

At least you admit the limitations of your discourse.

Recognising your weaknesses is the first step in overcoming them.
  • Reply 129 of 365
    Quote:

These tactics were developed by Saul Alinsky, a Marxist. And the reporting of all of this by Russia Today is telling.

So the right to assemble is Marxists? I Don't care what Russia thinks. Why do you?

• Reply 130 of 365
    I Just believe if you commit a crime it doesn't matter who you are. McDonalds employee, doctor or cop. You should face the charge. I live in Arizona and the shit these scumbags get away with is sickening.

I knew a probation officer who would rape his female (clients?). He would tell them that if they said anything he would throw them in jail for violation of probation.

I had met this guy. He was rude and full of hate. He hated me for no reason, I found out who he was and reported him.

(Note: I have a clean record, I was not on probation. Before some moron calls me a criminal)

Guess who's still an employee?

The number of witnesses and testimonies meant NOTHING. And he got away with the crime. Had it been you or me......

The power of the police union in action.

Frankly, you may want to consider reporting this to the FBI or DOJ.
  • Reply 131 of 365
    rogifan wrote: »
    Ha, the Verge banned me because I said let black people police themselves. Apparently that falls under the Verge's "trolling" policy. Nevermind that pretty much any article posted there these days is click bait and for the express purpose of getting people riled up (or inciting fanboy wars) in the comments section, :rolleyes:

I don't read the Verge.

That's a good suggestion of yours, anyway. It would only work with segregation, but maybe that's a good thing.
  • Reply 132 of 365
    I feel there's such a lack of experience and understanding here. It's sad.

People talking about things they know nothing about.

I was first beat by a cop when I was 14 and have had then threaten to kill my family all the way down to my dog when I was 16. No crimes commited. I lived a few blocks away from a 9 year old girl who was beat and tazed by 2 cops and a few people in my neighborhood were executed in handcuffs.

Enough was enough and I began to educate myself after my pregnant aunt was beaten and baby cousin killed during a traffic stop.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES:

copblock.org
  • Reply 133 of 365
    I feel there's such a lack of experience and understanding here. It's sad.

People talking about things they know nothing about.

I was first beat by a cop when I was 14 and have had then threaten to kill my family all the way down to my dog when I was 16. No crimes commited. I lived a few blocks away from a 9 year old girl who was beat and tazed by 2 cops and a few people in my neighborhood were executed in handcuffs.

Enough was enough and I began to educate myself after my pregnant aunt was beaten and baby cousin killed during a traffic stop.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES:

copblock.org

I don't doubt your experiences.
  • Reply 134 of 365
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member

I think it's about time a few black cops kill (read: murder) some white criminals during arrest

• Reply 135 of 365
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    To serve and protect! Is that not their oath? I understand that "criminal" need to be arrested, but the people that signs up for a carrier as a police officer is just like a soldier, he has to know he has a high possibility of dying in the line of duty "fearing for your life" is not an option! If you fear for your life go work somewhere else, do something "safer". I think there are too many cowers trying to be cops. If you dont have the balls to be a cop and cant accept the fact that you are dedicating your life to protecting other's life over yours, you should not be a cop. There are too many cowers with guns out there both police and criminals. Police should be allowed to use rubber bullets this hurt more anyways and are not lethal.
  • Reply 136 of 365
    blitz1 wrote: »
    I think it's about time a few black cops kill (read: murder) some white criminals during arrest

IMO, it has less to do with skin color than insulation from, or lack of, personal responsibility.
  • Reply 137 of 365
    Quote:

The power of the police union in action.

Frankly, you may want to consider reporting this to the FBI or DOJ.

The Union is not the only one at fault here but somehow to you that is the whole issue.

• Reply 138 of 365
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    And the racist ignorance continues....

What about the mass murderers who are white and kill innocent people on campus?

Batman theatre killing?

The white kid who killed the kids at that elementary a few years ago??

See something?

RACE IS IRRELEVANT!!

That was the point but you and others continue this "niggers should be killed by white cops but niggers should never commut a single crime or walk with a hoodie on!!"

Anyone who defends mass police brutality and killings is a sick ****.

How is that racist ignorance? In probably all of those cases the white kid had not committed one single crime. I'm in no way defending the police, nor their tactics, but the fact remains that if Eric Garner had gotten himself a good education, and a well paying job he wouldn't have needed to be in front of a store selling loosies.
  • Reply 139 of 365
    blitz1 wrote: »

Inciting people to murder is wrong.

I look forward to God judging your sin.
  • Reply 140 of 365
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Inciting people to murder is wrong.

I look forward to God judging your sin.

A lot here feel that when a white cop kills (read: murders) a black criminal, that it is ok.

That's way beyond inciting: that's giving full support.

So again, let the black cops kill white criminals (for whatever "lawful excuse") like once every two weeks and let's see what happens.

26 criminals forever off the streets. That's a good thing, not?

BTW: God is a sham. Live with it